General

1. Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete…

463 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Waze

Waze has this new feature - an audio kit that allows 3rd party apps to play audio in the Waze app (see https://www.waze.com/audioplayer). Several large players (Spotify, Deezer) have already done this integration.

As most of my listening is done on the road it would be a great improvement. I also saw that other users had issues with the current situation.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow 'mark as played' action to remove podcasts from "playback in progress" list

I often fast forward to next episode on playlist in order to skip the adverts at the end of podcasts.
    This means I end up with very many podcasts I don't want to listen clogging up the "playback in progress" list.

I'd like to have 'mark as played' remove partially played podcasts from the "playback in progress" list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Strongly consider syncing across devices. I use several different devices and most other apps already provide this feature. Im very disappoi

Complete the syncing across devices feature. Very disappointed to see how long ago this was requested with no apparent interest in providing this function.

318 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Download before playing

Even Sticher has this. There should be a download before play option. I never want to actually stream anything, just take 5 seconds and download the podcast first. Automatic download settings do not cover my use case and I want specific individual podcast episodes to be downloaded directly before playing

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "New Episodes" screen > swipe episode to download (right) or "mark as read" (left)

As an Android user of Podcast Addict, I refresh my podcast feed (over 30 subscriptions) once or twice a week. In my configuration, this presents a list of 15-20 entries on the "new episodes" page.

I manually download the episodes I'm interested in, and mark the ones I'm not interested in as "read".

Problem: a user must select an episode on the New Episodes screen, launch the episode's screen, then select either "download" or "mark read" on the screen.

It would be really useful to have a shortcut feature on the main New Episode screen which allows me to quickly…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically mark episodes older than ... as played

I'm subscribed to serveral "News" Podcasts, some of them updating their feed every hour.

I'm not interested in hourly news from 12 hours ago and they clutter the "unplayed episodes" list, a per-podcast setting to automatically either "Mark all but the latest episode as played" or "Mark episodes older than n hours/days/month as played" would be very convenient.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give option to click on publisher and view all podcasts by that publisher

I would like to check out all the podcasts from a publisher lets say Gimlet Media so I should get an option to click on that name and should show all the podcasts that are by gimlet media.

Currently if the podcast name is Reply All there is publisher name right below it but it is not clickable.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic full backup on Google Drive

Enable the possibility to automatic Full backup On Google Drive.
    At specific moment (avery day, every week, every hour, ecc ecc)

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option to sort playlist by podcast specific sort options

My apologies if this is something that can already be done in the app, but if that is the case I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have some podcasts that I want to listen to newest to oldest, and some that I would like to listen to oldest to newest. I know that I can enable custom sorting on the podcast page, but this sorting option doesn't seem to tie back to the playlist page in any way.

Currently I am sorting by podcast priority, then by episode rating, then by date (newest to oldest).…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Review/rate option

... add a review/rate option. It is necessary to show support and help iniciatives grow. Your app is really good. Make it the best

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dim the episode cover when that episode is marked as played

Dim the episode cover (including or not the entire episode card) when that episode is marked as played. I mean, apart from the green tick, of course.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Priority B Playlist

Add a second Playlist for unimportant/old episodes. When the main playlist has reached its end, move the top episode from the second playlist to the end of the main one and start playing it. Result: the unimportant episodes will only be played when there are no more important ones. And manual sorting of the playlist will still work.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ignore first play command from BT until a time passes

I would like to request a feature that would ignore the PLAY (maybe all commands) after connecting to a BT device for X number of seconds. This would be helpful for when connecting to my cars BT system as it sends the PLAY command as soon as my phone connects. This causes unwanted playing of a podcast.

I check all settings on my car and there isn't an option to allow it to not send that command on first connect. I was in contact with you via email about the issue and you stated:

"The only way to disable this…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. let me dismiss the playback notification from the lock screen when playback is paused

I need to unlock to press the X in the notification instead of swiping to dismiss. This is dumb, especially because from the lockscreen the X is not present at first. You need to first swipe down on the notification to expand and then press X. Just let me dismiss via swipe like other sensible apps

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add recycle bin usage as an overrideable per podcast setting

Allow overriding the use of the recycle bin per podcast, like many other settings can be per podcast. This way a user can turn on the recycle bin as the default, but adjust other podcasts to have a longer/shorter time-frame to keep items around for. More specifically, being able to turn off the recycle bin for a particular podcast (say an hourly news podcast that there are a lot of episodes of) could save having many items in the recycle bin.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark all future episodes as unplayed

Sometimes I forget to set my sleep timer and the app chews through like fifteen episodes while I'm asleep, so I have to go back and mark them all as unplayed, one at a time. It's be nice to just find the last one I remember hearing and Mark everything past it as unplayed. Love the app!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories