General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Move app to SDcard

I'd like to suggest that the Podcast addict App could also be moved to the SDcard. I have always troubles with my internal storage, which is too full. But I have lots of space on my SD card, which is formated as internal storage. Podcast addict has gotten very big (more than five gb) over time, so it would be great if the app would support this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry but the app cannot be moved on the SD card. This would break most of its feature because of Android restrictions. The app itself doesn’t use much space. Downloaded files can be moved on the SD card to free some space (Settings/Download/Storage space)

2. Document Default Sorting

I came to UserVoice here specifically for this topic : I couldn't find a Global Sort option in Settings. Now that I understand how it works, though many requests and comments here, I'm happy to use it as-designed. Given the high profile of Sorting in Q&A for this app, I highly suggest that the Getting Started Guide or FAQ include a paragraph to specifically describe how this mechanism works:

There is no "Global Default Sort Order" setting. To set the default sort for all episodes of all podcasts, Uncheck the App Setting > Display Configuration > Podcasts > Custom Sorting.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable 'delete episode' shortkey

When press and hold the forward and/or back keys of the player, it asks for confirmation to delete the currently playing episode. My phone (nokia 7.1) is very sensitive around the edges, and it happens a lot that when I'm walking with my phone in my hand, it starts vibrating and asking me to delete the episode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show chapter images

Some podcasts show a different image for some chapters. e. g. Lage der Nation. https://feeds.lagedernation.org/feeds/ldn-mp3.xml Pocket Casts already supports this. It would be great if you could add support for this, too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Samsung killing app playback again

Samsung seems to have changed its system. I've checked the power saving menus, but the same options aren't there. Every day after around 8 hours of playback, the app gets reset.
    I've checked that it's not Google play store trying to run updates, but that is definitely disabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Launch App directly into Player page

I would like to be able to start PA directly in player mode. That page is where I spend the majority of my time when using the app,so having the ability to launch directly into the player would be vary convenient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show bookmark pictures.

Some podcasts using pictures for their bookmarks eg. Lage der Nation. https://feeds.lagedernation.org/feeds/ldn-mp3.xml Pocket Casts already shows them. It would be great if you could add support for this, too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have different sorting based on the tab you're in

I'd like to sort by publication date on an individual podcasts but by download date in the downloads tab

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Europe 1

The Europe 1 network is missing most of its podcasts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Podcast shuffle

Please add an option so that when shuffle is turned on first a podcast is chosen and then an episode from that podcast is chosen, instead of an episode being chosen from among all episodes from all podcasts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give Us Custom Views on the Home Page

I might have a 100 podcasts I subscribe to, but I only regularly listen to 15 of them. I don't want my main page cluttered with podcasts I don't listen too, but I also don't want to unsubscribe to them.

Having different views would let me create a Main view with my top podcasts, among with a sports view for my sports podcasts, a comedy view for when I want to laugh, and a history view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add the podcasts you listen to the most to a specific category and then filter the main screen to only show this category (Settings/Lists/Categories)
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

12. Countries list

Hi
    Could you please add Iran to country list?
    I can't find Iran, so i can't read reviews.
    Thank for your help and attention

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Trier les podcasts par durée

Bonjour,

J'ai découvert le monde des podcasts via votre application, et j'adore.
    Serait-il possible de trier les podcasts selon leur durée ? Ainsi, il serait possible de gérer les podcasts en fonction du temps dont je dispose.

Cordialement,
    LilasBulles

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report a bug: Podcasts play silent

When I play daily audio Bible podcast all I hear is silence. I can play other podcasts fine. And if I go to Daily audio Bible website I can hear the episode fine.

I am on Android.

I would like to either hear the episode, or not be shown episodes that can not be successful ly played.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a button to show only the downloaded episodes in a particular podcast so you don't have to scroll through everything. Thanks.

When I'm in a particular podcast sometimes I start with their old ones and it would be nice to not have to scroll through every episode to find the ones I actually downloaded. This may already be a feature but I haven't found it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a long press button from the playlist for episode detail.

When viewing the playlist, it would be helpful to have a menu option (highlight and long press) to get to the episode's detail page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update all podcasts, even those with "keep updated" off

Basically a mass force update, regardless of settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The purpose of the Keep updated toggle is to prevent a specific podcast to be updated by this global Update all toggle.
    If you disabled this toggle for some podcasts it means that they can only be refreshed manually.
    I’m sorry but there won’t be any other update process ignoring this toggle

18. Hide bluetooth metadata AVRCP

Is it possible to just hide the metadata on the car screen? I noticed my car is displaying the podcast title and it's readable outside my car.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but it’s not available without breaking many other things. The app doesn’t specifically update the BT display. It tells the device what’s being played and the device then broadcast the information on the lock screen, on Android Auto, on the watch, on BT receivers, …

19. How to not play video on video streams podcast? Just play the audio, to save data and battery

How to not play video on a video stream podcast?
    Just play the audio, to save data and battery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can play a video episode in the background, but this won’t save any data. This is still a video file that will be streamed or downloaded.
    The only way to save data would be if this video was also available as an audio only file
    Please contact the podcast author about this

20. Remove interstitial ads with sound

In the past couple of weeks every so often I have been getting interstitial ads that have sound. It is quite annoying because these ads pause the podcast that I am currently listening to. Since this app exists solely to provide audio content it seems inappropriate to have ads with sound. Could you adjust your advertising to include only silent ads?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interstitials are not supposed to have any sounds, as video and audio ads are blocked in Google Admob interface.
    In case you find an ad with some sound, please send me a screenshot by email so I can report it to Google, then press on the ad ‘i’ button to report it yourself
    This will help the ad to be banned

Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 90 91
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base