Skip to content

General

2326 results found

1. Enable ducking for Google Maps/other navigation voice instructions

The app doesn't seem to handle Google Maps instructions like other notifications. It would be very helpful to ensure volume is lowered for these like in other apps. It does not currently do so for me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Image only download issue

I've noticed with some episodes such as the latest one on popular podcast Football Weekly from the guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly/rss) the app only downloads a thumbnail image. This episode downloads on other podcast apps.
    Please investigate as otherwise this is a great app.
    Thanks, Daire

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please do not use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestion. Please use the Contact Support button to open a ticket.

The app is just downloading the using the link provided in the RSS feed. Just open the feed in a web browser and you will see that the latest episodes just contains a link to a jpg file.
    The issue is on the podcast feed side. Please contact the podcast feed owner
    It looks like this feed still works fine: http://www.theguardian.com/football/series/footballweekly/podcast.xml

Thanks

3. My podcast addic wont delete episodes off of where they are stored

So my idea is to make it so when an episode is deleted and/or finished listening to, when it finally goes to the trash or doesn't. that it would be deleted from where ever it is currently being stored,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. offset the end by custom number seconds per feed/ skip outro

The way we can offset the beginning of podcast, can wet also do that for the end per feed so that we can miss outro please.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to mark read or unread based on date

It would be great to only read or unread based on date release.

Example: Makrk all episodes before 1/1/13 as read

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can long press on an episode and select ‘Mark older episodes as read’.
    By default episodes are sorted by date, so it should do the trick.
    Please let me know if it’s OK or if I need to reopen this feature request.
    Thanks

6. Use Google Cloud Messaging for downloading podcasts silently

Hi, just a suggestion of a commonly used util :

Instead of clicking manually for an update (or triggering on every launch...), you could go through GMS to trigger updates.

The principle is quite simple : every app, on startup, sends on your server a token.
    The server checks regulary for some updates (maybe just the top100 podcasts), and if it founds new content, sends a GMS message to every registered device (the ones that sends their tokens).

You could get rid of the update button for good then, everything would be automatic.
    Since GMS launches a Service on the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app can already download automatically at the time of your choice. The feature you’re asking requires that all the heavy lifting is done server side. Which means that the app won’t work anymore when the server crashes or is available. Plus for handling this kind of server charge it will cost me like thousands of dollars which I can’t afford. The server stores more than 100k podcasts feeds but much more of standard RSS feed which are usually updated multiple times a day. So in order to update feeds automatically server side I will need a lit of horsepower which cost a lot…

7. +30 and -30 second buttons

I propose replacing the "2 triangle" fast forward/fast reverse icons adding a "-30s<<" and "+30s>>" icon besides the play button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fix the automatic cleanup

Occasionally the podcast will be marked as read even thoughit was just paused.
    The automatic cleanup then moves it to the trash and in some instances when recovering it from the trash refuses to play

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. Rather use the Contact support button.
    The only way a podcast is removed automatically from the playlist is when the end of the file is reached. Another issue is when the storage folder is unmounted while playing your podcasts (SD card removed or memory mounted on a computer or corrupted memory). In that case android might send different kind if signals and the app will remove the episode if it thinks it has been deleted
    In that case restore will also fail because the device memory is still unavailable.

9. please fix help pop up

please fix. help menus pop up on every click. sometimes crashes because of this. get rid of help poo up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create various playlists

Have the ability to create multiple playlists so as to rearrange your episodes by topic

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fix the very slow response from navigation keys (forward, reverse)

I have RAZR M. When I start the podcast, the navigation keys have as long as a two minute delay from when a button is pressed to when an action is taken. I never stream podcasts so this behavior is, for me at least, only present on downloaded podcasts.

This is highly annoying, since I usually listen to podcasts while driving and can't spend time playing with the controls on my phone. I usually like to back up my podcasts 30 seconds or so in order to reacquaint myself where I was in the podcast when I last stopped it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please use the Contact support button to open a ticket. This current section is dedicated to new feature suggestion.

Please send me the podcast feed URL with which you’re having this issue. Are you playing downloaded files or streaming your episodes? When you press the skip back button is the ui frozen or you can still navigate into the app before it resumes playing later on?

Thanks

Xavier

12. make app startup default to Latest episodes screen

sorted by latest downloads at the top. If this feature would be there in the free version, I'd donate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When adding a virtual folder the track tags do not appear in the podcast list

I have a number of downloaded podcasts as mp3 files, but the track names do not appear in the playlist or player (only the filename appears). The track tags are ignored.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. [Bug Report]Chromecast becoming unreachable after casting with Podcast Addict

I don't see anywhere to place bug reports, and this seems like the closest thing.

Whenever I've connected to my chromecast with this app, it has become unreachable until I've reset the device to factory settings after. This does not occur with any other app on any device, and occurs every time with Podcast Addict. It's pretty disappointing since I like the app and the chromecast support is what initially drew me in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please report issues using the website contact support. This current section is dedicated to new feature suggestion.

What you describe is a chromecast bug and has nothing to do with the app. The app uses Google library to reach the chromecast so everything is handled through Google’s tool. I basically just give the command (play/pause) and the URL to stream.
    Make sure you’re using the latest chromecast update and the latest Google play services on your device.

Xavier

15. Take a look at the NPR hourly news feed...

Take a look at the NPR hourly news feed... this crashes 3 times out of 5. the podcast plays perfectly, then when it terminates it crashes the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please open a ticket using this site Contact support button in case of an issue. This current section is dedicated to new feature suggestion.

Please add the podcast rss feed url in the ticket, but I don’t think it’ can be related to a specific podcast. Are you streaming or playing a local file ? Are you playing on a chromecast ? Please add those information into the ticket.
    Thanks

16. add option in the sleep timer to power off device

i never go to bed with my cell on. however i would like to use the sleep timer so i can fall asleep to one podcast. So my idea is to add the
    option to power off device in the sleep timer.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Playlists will sometimes skip to next without touching the phone

Need a fix. Using Samsung GS3, listening to my podcasts either in the car or at the gym. In either case the phone is asleep with the podcast running in the background. Every now and then, in the middle of the podcast I'm listening to, it just skips to the next one in the playlist. I have no idea why. A fix would be MUCH appreciated.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new features suggestion. Use this website contact support button to report an issue.
    Please add more information like if you’re streaming, if you enabled skip upon error in settings/playlist …
    Thanks

18. playlist menu episode options

In playlist when you long press a downloaded episode you have two options "Add to Play list" and REmove episode and remove from playlist".
    When i chose the first option the episode gets removed from the playlist. So i think the option is wrongly named.
    Can you confirm this behaviour?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix notification bug and bluetooth controls.

I'm not sure if these problems only affect me because of my setup or if they are bugs in the app. First if I have a paused audio podcast in the background and I receive a notification from another app, such as a text message, I hear the text notification sound and then the podcast is unpaused and begins playing again all by itself. Also I cannot control playback of the podcasts using the controls on my bluetooth headsetset, I was able to do this in PocketCasts using the same device and headset.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. This section is dedicated to new feature suggestion. Use the website Contact support button to open a ticket.

It looks like some devices are handling BT disconnection in a non standard way. Because of that some users have reported that playback did resume when the original pause is triggered by BT disconnection.

BT controls are working fine but make sure you didn’t disable external controls in Settings/Player

20. download kitkat

Since my Note3 was ota updated to 4.4.2, every download fails. There is enough free space on all storages. I already tried reassigning the designated download folder.

Best regards

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Please don’t use this section of the site to report an issue. Use the Contact Support button to open a ticket.
    Since KitKat, android apps cnnot write data to th SD card except on theit app specific folder. Everything has been explained in the last app changelog, on the Play store description and you also have an entry in the app FAQ that explain what to do.
    You just have to either select the app specific folder on the SD card or a folder on the device internal memory

Xavier

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base