Skip to content

General

2326 results found

1. Comment laisser l interface podcast addict sur l'écran de veille ?

Bonjour
    J utilise très souvent cette appli le problème c est que quand on veut mettre l appli en route, il faut enlever l écran de veille, et ouvrir l appli..
    Peut o n laisser l appli en permanence sur l écran de veille ?je veux dire ,avec l'écran noir on appuie sur
    la touche latéral et hop on aurait le lecteur qui s affiche et on pourrait redémarrer ou on en était arrêté..
    J'ai tout essayé mais je vois pas comment ..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow an automation app to trigger downloads

Podcast Addict already exposes several app actions, e.g. "Playlist", "Latest ep.", which can be triggered by automation apps like Samsung's "Modes and Routines". Can we please have an action to trigger the automatic downloads?

This would avoid having to disable app optimisations, and would give us more control over when/where downloads happen. It's the one feature I miss from a previous podcast app.

If it could be done without opening the UI, so much the better.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ECOUTER DES PODCAST VIDEO SANS LA VIDEO

serait il possible d'écouter un podcast video sans etre obligé de laisser l'écran allumé pour la video?
    Exemple: les podcasts du Média étaient jusqu'alors en audio et maintenant qu'ils ont une chaine TV sur Free , le podcast est en video

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A filter to download episodes with a weekly schedule or keyword filter

I'm subscribed to a podcast that publishes episodes daily seven days a week but I'm only interested in the Saturday and Sunday ones. Would it be possible to set up a filter to only download these two episodes each week, or with a weekly schedule or keyword filter? For example, download only if it contains the word "Saturday".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already set a filter to include/exclude episodes based on keywords. You can find this in the podcast custom settings. The upcoming version also includes a schedule that can be customized per podcast. You can then set the app to only download episodes automatically on specific days. The other episodes will still be available in the podcast page, but not downloaded. You can join the beta on the play store app page to test this right now

5. Crie uma função para salva trechos dos episódios.

Existem podcasts enormes, e às vezes um insight está numa pequena parte do episódio, seria interessante a gente poder selecionar os trechos que queremos ouvir depois, sem ter a necessidade de caçar dentro do episódio.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show "category filter" on episode lists

Lists such as "New episodes", "Downloaded episodes", "All episodes" etc should have an option to show the Category Filter. This way we could use categories to browse episodes, not just to browse whole podcasts. Much more useful imo.

A number of similar ideas were marked by Xavier as "started" and then "completed" in 2022 and I'm not sure what's going on with that.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Playlist should have playback time

It would be RLY cool if the playback time was adjusted for the speed of playback, as we can set all our cast subscriptions to different speeds.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make alarm stop after one episode

I use the alarm to listen to the latest news, however after playing the latest episode it starts streaming old episodes of the same podcast. It also blocks other alarms. Very irritating as it picks episodes from the middle of the covid madness.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Skip episodes with <name>.

Some podcast subscriptions push podcasts that are not of interest. I would like to set keywords that auto-delete episodes whose name includes that keyword.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have a Watch app for Pixel Watch!

Love this player and would like to use it on my watch

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "Mark played" for the currently playing episode

When I don't want to hear the rest of the episode I am currently listening to, I would like to press Mark Played, such that it gets removed from the playlist and the next episode starts playing. Mark Played is available in the views where episodes are listed, but not in the player view

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can long press on Player screen next episode button to tell the app you're done with the current episode. The app will then behave as if you fully listened to the episode, marking it as played and removing it from the playlist

13. Preserve settings & stats when upgrading a podcast to a premium subscription

I just signed up for plus.npr.org. I need to "replace" my existing free subscription with the new premium subscription.

What I did was to delete the old subscription, and create a new one. This means I have to manually redo settings. Not a big deal in my case. This also means all playback history is lost, which is a little sad.

Is there a better way to "upgrade" an existing podcast description to a premium subscription?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Editable drop down player

The drop down player should be fully customizable. I don't know if it's you or my phone but I would like to be able to put the controls where I want. Especially since it seems to change every few months, I get used to where a button is and then it moves or dissappears

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow subscribers of services like Amazon Prime to subscribe to add-free podcast using their account.

Some services like Amazon Prime now offer add-free podcast to subscribers. It would be great if it was possible to use podcast addict (PA) to subscribe to those podcast. The idea would be to safely enter your credential for a specific service in PA and then being able to search/subscribe to podcasts available from that service using PA with all the wonderful features it offers, instead of having to use multiple applications.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "don't show this again" to Optimized Apps warning

I do not want to add Podcast Addict to the Optimized Apps list - the app works perfectly well for me without this and I understand the limitations on things like background updates, which I don't need. Unfortunately, I am now constantly spammed with the red "Thanks to Google latest restrictions..." alert when I use Podcast Addict. This is really annoying.

Please add the option to acknowledge and suppress this warning.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This banenr is displayed because the device is blocking app services and preventing it from working a it should. You have the name of the last service blocked in the past 24 hours in the message.

You just have to follow the FAQs instructions to fix this. Now any app relying on background services has to be excluded from the device optimized apps list.. 

17. Add ability to sort based on feed, rather than sorting changing every feed

I have some virtual podcasts, which are audiobooks, mixed with actual podcasts. Actual podcasts I have sorted using publication date. Virtual podcasts I want sorted by name, because publication date doesn't make sense. Would be great if my sorting choice is remembered for each specific feed

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Randomised playlist

A handy Button to shuffle the order of the playlist randomly

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Breadcrumbs!!!

Is there any way I can easily go back to a Podcast I was just listening to? Or see my history? If you accidentally push a button and lose a podcast halfway through an episode you can't go back or see which one it is! My playback in progress list is incomplete. This is the worst and most frustrating part of PA besides not knowing where a track in the Recycle Bin came from if you cant see the art.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can Access the current podcast by pressing on the player banner displayed at the bottom of every screen. Then from the player screen you can swipe to see the playlist or press on the artwork to open the episode and access the remaining list of episodes of this podcast.

You can also use the navigation sidebar to open the 'Playback in progress' screen which shows the list of every episode you started listening to but didn't finished. Completed episodes can be seen from the playback History screen.

The recycle bin only contains episodes deleted automatically based on  your automatic cleanup settings. They remain there for the duration you selected in the app settings. Please send me an email if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

20. Custom view filter for each podcast

In each podcast, there is the drop down menu option to filter so I only see All, Recent (7 days), Downloaded, Favorite, etc. The default filter is All. The issue is that when I exit the podcast page or exit the app, the filter changes back to All if I had changed it to anything else. It would be good to be able to save the filter on a per podcast basis. So e.g. if I set the filter to Downloaded, when I exit the app or podcast page and later re-enter the podcast page the filter remains set to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?