General

1. Countries list

Hi
    Could you please add Iran to country list?
    I can't find Iran, so i can't read reviews.
    Thank for your help and attention

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trier les podcasts par durée

Bonjour,

J'ai découvert le monde des podcasts via votre application, et j'adore.
    Serait-il possible de trier les podcasts selon leur durée ? Ainsi, il serait possible de gérer les podcasts en fonction du temps dont je dispose.

Cordialement,
    LilasBulles

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Report a bug: Podcasts play silent

When I play daily audio Bible podcast all I hear is silence. I can play other podcasts fine. And if I go to Daily audio Bible website I can hear the episode fine.

I am on Android.

I would like to either hear the episode, or not be shown episodes that can not be successful ly played.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a button to show only the downloaded episodes in a particular podcast so you don't have to scroll through everything. Thanks.

When I'm in a particular podcast sometimes I start with their old ones and it would be nice to not have to scroll through every episode to find the ones I actually downloaded. This may already be a feature but I haven't found it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a long press button from the playlist for episode detail.

When viewing the playlist, it would be helpful to have a menu option (highlight and long press) to get to the episode's detail page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update all podcasts, even those with "keep updated" off

Basically a mass force update, regardless of settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The purpose of the Keep updated toggle is to prevent a specific podcast to be updated by this global Update all toggle.
    If you disabled this toggle for some podcasts it means that they can only be refreshed manually.
    I’m sorry but there won’t be any other update process ignoring this toggle

7. Hide bluetooth metadata AVRCP

Is it possible to just hide the metadata on the car screen? I noticed my car is displaying the podcast title and it's readable outside my car.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but it’s not available without breaking many other things. The app doesn’t specifically update the BT display. It tells the device what’s being played and the device then broadcast the information on the lock screen, on Android Auto, on the watch, on BT receivers, …

8. How to not play video on video streams podcast? Just play the audio, to save data and battery

How to not play video on a video stream podcast?
    Just play the audio, to save data and battery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can play a video episode in the background, but this won’t save any data. This is still a video file that will be streamed or downloaded.
    The only way to save data would be if this video was also available as an audio only file
    Please contact the podcast author about this

9. Remove interstitial ads with sound

In the past couple of weeks every so often I have been getting interstitial ads that have sound. It is quite annoying because these ads pause the podcast that I am currently listening to. Since this app exists solely to provide audio content it seems inappropriate to have ads with sound. Could you adjust your advertising to include only silent ads?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interstitials are not supposed to have any sounds, as video and audio ads are blocked in Google Admob interface.
    In case you find an ad with some sound, please send me a screenshot by email so I can report it to Google, then press on the ad ‘i’ button to report it yourself
    This will help the ad to be banned

Thanks

10. Rename the continuous playback feature

Continuous playback sounds like: Do you want to stop playing at the end of an Episode, or would you like to continue playing at the end of an Episode?

99% will think, activating this Feature is a good idea. But it wont do, what they expect.

You end up with strange Playlists, which do not behave normal. And you end up by searching for an hour, why the hell your playlist is populated with 5000 episodes, whereof 4995 have already been played. And you are not able to kick out this old episodes.

After an hour of searching, you find…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry but the current name of the feature describes what it does.
    When you start playing an episode from any screen in the app will then keep playing following episodes.
    This playlist doesn’t contain any played episodes, unless you changed the default setting which excludes played episodes from those playlists. Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback/Email)
    Thanks

11. App moveable to SD card

For devices with low internal storage memory, all the apps that are moveable to the SD card remain in the long run.

The competing BeyondPod app has the ability to be moved to the SD card. Tested on Android 4.4, 5.1 and 6.0.

A device I have with Android 6.0 only has 2GB internal memory. In fact, it is only 500MB free after all base updates. PodcastAddict is over 10% of those precious MBs. And I'm not even counting the downloaded episodes (which fortunately can be moved to the SD card).

As Google Play Store and Services continue to increase…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but the app itself cannot be moved to the SD card as Google restrictions would break a lot of features.
    However downloaded files can be stored on the SD card.
    The app itself doesn’t use much space (Maybe 30MB with some subscriptions)

12. Download before play

There should be an option to download episodes before play if they are not already. Also the message "download episode to avoid issues" is pointless - the program should just do its job and download the episode at that point. Also this website is shit on mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry but the app will not download episodes on its own in that case. It just notifies the user so the user can try to download it to see if the issue still exists.
    Anything that can use data like this needs user approval.
    If you want to you can enable automatic download for this podcast. Then the app will behave accordingly to your settings

13. Delete episode immediately (skip bin)

Function to delete episode immediately and skip the recycle bin would be very helpful in some situations...

I have globally set to add every episode for one day to recycle bin.
    But this is conflicting with one of my daily subscriptions.

I'm subscribed to a daily national weather forecast podcast and app is chacking for new episode every 24h. This podcast always has only one episode for todays weather forecast to download.
    But every day the app is refreshing the episode from recycle bin the episode from previous day and not from the podcasts feed.

For now I still have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by “But every day the app is refreshing the episode from recycle bin the episode from previous day and not from the podcasts feed.”
    Please send me an email so I can gather more details and then help you (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

14. Implement Rewind button in widget

Widget currently has Pause and Forward buttons but no Rewind. This will make it possible to rewind episode from lock screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mark epidode as 'played' when 10% of episode is unplayed and user skips to a different podcast

Hi,

I'm a long time user of this app, and it's been great, but this one thing really bugs me.

Usually I 'bail out' on podcasts when they go into their 'wrap-up' segment. Closing credits, etc.

Because of this, I'm left with any number of almost completed podcast episodes that I don't want to finish listening to, but won't clear themselves from my 'unplayed' list.

I'd love a checkbox setting that would allow me to say:

If a podcast has 10% or less unplayed, and the user started listening to another podcast, mark the one with 10% or less unplayed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the skip outro feature to set the app to automatically skip the last XX seconds of a podcast. You can also skip to the next episode by long pressing on the player next episode button to delete the current one while skipping to the next episode

16. Please move add to playlist away from delete episode

Too easy to delete a podcast you want to add to the playlist...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open source code and add to F-droid app store

Open up the source code and add podcast addict to the fdroid app store.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problems with storage

I currently have the storage folder set as my SD card. This is now fully and new downloads won't commenced. I have tried deleting Podcasts, but it does not seem to free the space up on the SD card,so new downloads are still not working. What can I do to remedy this situation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flag next episode will play after current episode

A great app but frustrating with behaviours of playlists and recent episodes to know what is going to play after the episode you are listening to has finished.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base