General

1. Sleep timer and end of episode

I suggest that once the episode ends while sleep timer is on, the episode wouldnt show as if you need to hear it from the beginning again. It should keep the info of the minute and second you started the sleep timer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tema Claro

Tema de cor branca.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add offline mode to android auto

When using the app in Auto, it would be really helpful to have the option to operate "offline" - so that only downloaded episodes are shown.
    I have a long commute so I can't stream bc it uses too much data and coverage is unreliable. So, I automatically download several episodes of each podcast. Unfortunately when I try to search by category,podcast, or other categories in the app, it shows EVERY episode which really clutters things and makes it hard to find the ones that don't require streaming. I am aware that there is a "Downloaded" tab, but I have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set the app to only show downloaded episodes before using Android auto if you want to, otherwise you can open the Downloaded episodes list and play from there. This list only contains downloaded episodes
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

4. Output through a sound stretching algorithm

I love the ability to play at various speeds, but 150% even makes Barry White sound like a chipmonk.

There are ways to process sound that alter the pitch at the same time as the speed to compensate and make the voices and music sound right.

I see there are several android apps on google play that can do similar as a standalone processor (search: "sound stretch").

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move app to SDcard

I'd like to suggest that the Podcast addict App could also be moved to the SDcard. I have always troubles with my internal storage, which is too full. But I have lots of space on my SD card, which is formated as internal storage. Podcast addict has gotten very big (more than five gb) over time, so it would be great if the app would support this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry but the app cannot be moved on the SD card. This would break most of its feature because of Android restrictions. The app itself doesn’t use much space. Downloaded files can be moved on the SD card to free some space (Settings/Download/Storage space)

6. Notes field for podcasts to add thoughts while listening (not bookmarks)

Could we have a Notes field for the podcasts? I saw that in another comment the user wanted the notes field for bookmarks and that's what you pointed out.

But I don't want it for bookmarks but sometimes while listening there's a key thought or website or persons name which is mentioned and I'd like to note these down so I can look them up later.

Of course, I can still do that in something like google keep but then the relation with which podcast this was related to is lost.

Thoughts? Can we do this? Just a plain test…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for chromecast hardware buttons to skip forward/backward

Podcast Addict does a great job when connected with bluetooth audio to be able to skip forwards/backwards some seconds via the bluetooth device, e.g. my car. Super useful when I was distracted and missed some seconds.
    My chromecast devices (Pioneer MRX-3) have hardware buttons for back/play&pause/forward. The play&pause-button works with PA, but back/forward don't.
    It would be great to support these buttons, too, if technically possible! :-) Would be useful when I'm e.g. in the kitchen and could just flick back with the press of a button.
    Thanks for all the great work you're doing!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you connect to a Chromecast device, then this device is in charge of the playback.
    If it has extra buttons to control the playback then the manufacturer should make sure they work fine.
    Podcast Addict just shows the playback progress and forward the app commands to your chromecast. Sorry I cannot be more helpful with this

8. Light Mode

I would prefer a light mode option for the ui

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove from playlist

I would love to have the option of removing an episode from my playlist when there is a certain amount of time left. Some podcasts end every episode with 2-3 minutes of music. It would be nice to skip to the next (before actually listening to the entire episode), and remove it automatically from my playlist.

Great app keep up the good work!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Elegir carpeta donde hacer copia seguridad

Elegir carpeta donde hacer copia seguridad completa y la copia automática de suscripciones.
    NO DEJA ELEGIR LA CARPETA DESTINO DE LA COPIA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Document Default Sorting

I came to UserVoice here specifically for this topic : I couldn't find a Global Sort option in Settings. Now that I understand how it works, though many requests and comments here, I'm happy to use it as-designed. Given the high profile of Sorting in Q&A for this app, I highly suggest that the Getting Started Guide or FAQ include a paragraph to specifically describe how this mechanism works:

There is no "Global Default Sort Order" setting. To set the default sort for all episodes of all podcasts, Uncheck the App Setting > Display Configuration > Podcasts > Custom Sorting.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to disable 'delete episode' shortkey

When press and hold the forward and/or back keys of the player, it asks for confirmation to delete the currently playing episode. My phone (nokia 7.1) is very sensitive around the edges, and it happens a lot that when I'm walking with my phone in my hand, it starts vibrating and asking me to delete the episode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. An iOS version please

An iOS version for podcast Addict

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a way to play podcasts that have been manually imported as mp3 files

Outside of PA, I generate my own mp3 files that are an edited version of a radio stream. I then upload those mp3 files to my phone and want to play them via PA. There seems to be no way to play a newly uploaded file of this type if PA is started directly. If I launch a file manager (e.g., ES), I can select an mp3, select PA as the player, and it will launch PA and play the file just fine. It would be nice if this could happen from within PA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can play external files in the app either by opening then from a file explorer app or by using the Virtual podcast feature which allows you to select a folder so its content can be used as episodes in the app
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

15. Import has bug

When I click on +, then choose Import I am shown my Device Podcasts folder, which contains mp3 files I imported manually myself. However, only two other folders show up -- no files. The files have .mp3 extensions. If I start ES File Explorer, I can see the files in that folder, and if I click one and choose that I want to launch it with PA, it plays just fine. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mixed format playlist

Is it possible to create a list with selected podacasts from audio and video in one playlist

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Car control pad

There are too many steps to get to the driving friendly controll pad. Could there be an option to start there when I open the app? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When filtering a podcast's episodes, make it so I can see unplayed episodes only.

Already played is an option, but not played isn't, and it would be nice to be able to see the ones I haven't gotten to yet when looking at a podcast with tons of episodes where I've listened to a lot of them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow subscribing on podcast page

Awesome app. Have been using for years and paid for donation.
    When searching for new podcasts, I can inky subscribe by pressing the check mark on the search results list. I cannot find how to subscribe when I click a result to see the podcast's details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base