Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Support transparency for podcast artwork (PNG and GIF) on widget and elsewhere.

Only test example is a custom gif icon I have for a virtual podcast of mp3 files. Definitely not a bit ticket item, just an idea if it's easy to support.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do NOT delete episodes when I unsubscribe - I lost data!!!

I lost valuable data by doing the following:
    1) Added a new virtual podcast - I could not add the folder I wanted and accidentally added my SD card's root folder.
    2) I obviously didn't want this, so I unsubscribed. When I did this, a message popped up saying it deleted a bunch of content in that folder.
    3) There was no option to undo. The "remove from trash" feature is not turned on by default so I was screwed there too.

So the end result is IT DELETED ALL MEDIA IN MY ROOT FOLDER !!!

And the scary thing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unsubscribing from a virtual podcast doesn’t delete any data.
    However unsubscribing from a ‘real’ podcast will remove its downloaded files
    The trash is only used for automatic deletion, so in case you unsubscribe from a podcast nothing will be move to the trash.

Please send me an email in case you have a question/issue (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

3. New release notes notification should allow podcast playback to proceed.

When a new release of PA comes out (thanks!), podcast playback is stopped until the release notes are read and acknowledged. For me, this usually happens in the car while driving at a bad time. Ideally, the release notes would display but still allow playback to proceed or pressing the "play" button (via bluetooth ) would acknowledges them so playback can continue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

App updates are handled by the Play Store app.
    Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do if the play store app is updating Podcast Addict while the app is being used. Because of that it will stop the player service. The issue isn’t related to the changelog popup but to the Google Play store updating the app during playback

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Missing some podcast

I love this app but ur missing some podcast from SoundCloud can u please put some new ones I have been waiting for u guys to put souls at sundown but you don't have it so please update it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new features requests.
    Please send me an email in case you have a question/issue so I can help (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding your issue, do you mean that a specific podcast is missing its latest episodes, or that you don’t find a podcast using the app search engine?

Thanks

6. i cant find a way to listen to all my podcast by date and not by category.

i have a lot of different podcast and i have to get my phone out of my bag each time a category is ended. Is it possible to ad a switch to start from the oldest non read podcast to the newest? i dont care if the category are mixed, it is the time line who is important to me because i'm listing to news from different radio.

An other problem but don't know if it a podcast addict problem: if i press the pause switch on my headphone and i wait more than about 10 seconds if i press…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de bien vouloir m’envoyer un mail si tu as la moindre quest (Paramètres/Feedback)
    Cette page est dédiée aux demandes de nouvelles fonctions.

L’app enchaine les épisodes en fonction du contenu de la playlist. Tu peux ordonner la playlist comme tu le souhaite.
    Concernant les commandes distantes, l’app ne fait que réagir aux commandes qu’elle reçoit. Si l’app ne réagit pas cela veut dire qu’une autre app a ‘hijacké’ la commande ou que l’économiseur de batterie de l’appareil a tué l’app une fois qu’elle est en pause.
    N’hésites pas à me contacter pour plus d’info ou une solution de contournement.

Merci

7. Have an easy way to move my listened to episode list to a new phone.

My screen has cracked. I have a replacement phone. But I also have different podcasts that I have listened to some episodes but not all. Of course I don't want to download, start listening and realize I already have listened to it. Need to have a transfer tool.

Short term is there a couple files or directory I can copy across to not have to "start all over again"?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You need to do a FULL backup on the previous device (Settings/Backup), then use the Share button to send the backup file on the new device (via email or the cloud).
    download the backup file and do a Full restore to retrieve all the data.

8. fast forward/rewind available in Android Auto

make fast forward/rewind functional in Android Auto. very difficult without that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the Volume Boost feature.

On my Xperia the Volume Boost does literally nothing, I'm convinced it actually makes the audio quieter.

I'm a user of the Smart Audiobooks app which has a much better Volume Boost function and I'd love that same sizeable increase on my Podcasts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website to report an issue as it is dedicated to new feature requests.
    Please send me an email instead in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)

Audio effects can only work properly if the device fully supports the file encoding. If it doesn’t any audio effect can have any kind of side effects

10. SD Card location wrong after a full restore

I switched phones and I did a full backup and restore to move phones.

Unfortunately my SD card was not in the new phone when I did a restore. That was OK, I decided to just use internal storage at first. The app error'ed a bit complaining the SD card was not present, but again OK because I didn't have an SD card in place so obviously it'd not like that.

Now, it got interesting when I put my SD card finally. I had to format the SD card, though I'm unsure if this contributed to the problem or not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website to report an issue as it is dedicated to new feature requests.
    Please send me an email instead in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding the issue you need to go into Settings/Download/Storage folder and select the ‘SD card’ once more now that you inserted it. The app will then use the new SD card mounting path.
    You can also restart the restore process while the SD card is mounted and select the new storage location during the restore process.

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PA widget requires multiple taps before they react

Whenever PA pauses playback (traffic info on the radio), I need to tap the playback button on the widget -twice- before playback resumes.
    Also: whenever PA has been updated the widget no longer works, I need to reboot the device, or remove and re-add the widget to make it work again.
    Can you please fix this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website to report an issue as it’s dedicated to new feature requests.
    Please send me an email in case of a problem (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

Widgets are handled by the device launcher. If updating the app make the widget unresponsive this is unfortunately a launcher bug.
    Looks like a similar launcher issue if the 1st tap on the widget doesn’t send any information to the app.

13. Sort by "Actual" Publication Date

When sorting by "Publication Date", the time is irrelevant. Can sorting be tweaked to sort by "full" date. I.e., take into account the time when sorting, not just the date. It can get frustrating when you download multiple episodes of the same date only for them to be arranged out of order because the time is not included in the sort. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Publication date isn’t related to the download date.
    The app stores and uses the publication date provided by the podcast RSS feed.
    Please contact me with the podcast information in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

Edit: As explained in my answer the app already does this.
    Please send me an email with the RSS feed url information so I can help (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

14. Enque in playlist only unreaded but downloaded episodes

Please could you add an options in the menu appearing when long pressing a feed, allowing to enqueue to the playlist only those unreaded episodes that have been downloaded?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "song currently playing" feature for mixes

Other apps such as the itunes app will show which song is being played on music mixes. For example, the A State of Trance or Tiesto's podcast feature many songs throughout their 20 min to hr long podcast. It would be great to be able to see what is being played as the podcast is being listened to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More topics

When you open a podcast, it shows numerous categories that are not listed in the drop down menus when searching for new podcasts or under the trending podcasts list (history is one that comes to mind). These should also be searchable. . Using "history" as am example, if the podcast doesn't have that word in it, you don't get all podcasts that deal with history.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app allows you to search every standard category. Some podcast user create their own category, but it’s not possible to display them all in the drop down menu otherwise it will have more than 20K entries ;)
    Every podcast available on iTunes uses standard categories, so it shouldn’t be an issue

18. Wait to Delete "Reading in Progress" episodes

There is an option in PA to not automatically delete "favorite" episodes. How about an option to defer deletion of "reading in progress" episodes? Many times I return to my car to listen to an unfinished episode, only to have PA skip to the next item in the playlist because the episode was removed during the nightly update. (Using such a feature would imply that I am responsible enough to keep the "reading in progress" list cleaned up.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app only removes episodes on its own based on your ‘automatic cleanup settings’. Even in that case the playback progress isn’t reset and the episode are still in the ‘reading in progress’ list. Press on the toolbar eye button to show content marked as read to see them.

19. order podcasts individually

Some podcasts ordered from New to old, others from old to new, instead of having to change the episode sort order all the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Write option broken

The option to choose the external SD card for downloading, instead links the emulated SD card

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send me an email in case of an issue as this website is dedicated to new feature requests (Settings/Feedback)
    Please give me more detail about the issue, like a screenshot and don’t forget to add your device & android version information.
    Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base