Skip to content

General

2326 results found

1. fix playback error issues

Can't listen online or offline anything anymore. After last update android gives error that app uses unsupported encoding or player.

Before the update all worked fine.

Suggestions?

Regards,
    Valdis

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is dedicated to new feature request.
    In case of an issue please send me an email (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding the issue, please give more detail about the device and Android version.
    Playback is handled by the device player, not by the app. Either the device doesn’t support the file encoding anymore or the player service has crashed. In that case try rebooting to fix this.

2. backwards playing

I would really like a feature that let's you play the Podcast in a backwards order..WITHOUT a playlist! Like (#32->#33->#34 etc.)
    Its usefull for listening to like eg. Story based Podcasts when all episodes are out already and already read.
    (Apple also has this play mode)

[Repost beacuse I explained it in a wrong way in my first request ^^')

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just declined this because you can already do that. Please do not re-create this request again.
    As explained before you can play episodes in the order of your choice either by using the playlist or continuous playback. You’ll find all the detail in the app FAQs (Settings/FAQs)

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. astronomy cast playback problem

I am not sure if it's just me, but Podcast Addict has a problem with the AstronomyCast podcast.
    If I try and seek (skip forwards or backwards), or pause and resume, it goes right back to the start!
    The progress bar also indicates the wrong position, so the podcast can end and it only shows maybe a third progress. I can touch the progress bar and seek to the right place, so at least that works.

I thought it was because I set the playback speed to 1.1:1, but reverting to 1:1 didn't help.

http://www.astronomycast.com/

Please can you try this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature request.
    In case of an issue please send me an email so I can help (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding the issue, playback is handled by the device built-in player, not by the app. This issue means that the device doesn’t fully support the file encoding. Because of that changing playback position can fail. Unfortunately you’ll have the same issue with every app relying on the device player. You might want to try playing this podcast with VLC as it uses its own player

6. Weird bug has appeared -- episode does not play to the end

I am not sure yet if it is my phone, the podcast MP3 or your app. Anyway, for the most recent episode of Security Now (https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/544?autostart=false), it gets a few minutes in to the episode and then it thinks it is finished. The timer still says there is a lot of time left (for this episode, well over 100 minutes). I have it set up to delete a fully-read episode, and it deletes it. I have reloaded it a couple of times, to the same (general) problem. Restarted my phone, of course.

I am a paying customer! I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature request. Please send me an email in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding the issue, playback is handled by the device built-in player, not by the app.
    The app will only delete episodes when the device player sends a message indicating that the playback was completed.
    It can be that this file is corrupted or that the device built-in player doesn’t fully support this file encoding.
    Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do in that case.
    BTW can you please long press on the episode, select Copy to clipboard and paste the result in an email ?
    Thanks

7. La lecture de podcast téléchargés ne fonctionne plus sans réseau

Quand on n'a pas de réseau ou qu'on est en mode avion sur android 6.0.1 sur nexus 5 impossible de lire des podcast préalablement téléchargés

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de me contacter par email en cas de problème (Paramètres/Feedback)
    Ce site est dédié aux proposition de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

Concernant le problème, l’app n’a pas besoin de réseau pour lire un épisode téléchargé.
    Que dis le message d’erreur ?
    Si le message indique qu’il n’y a pas de réseau, alors cela signifie que l’épisode n’est pas téléchargé

8. Add an option to delete a downloaded podcast

There is currently no option to delete a podcast that has been downloaded, or one in which a download has been cancelled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this webpage to report issues as it’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Please send me an email in case of an issue so I can help (Settings/Feedback)

Regarding the issue please send me a screenshot of the Settings/Download screen so I can see the selected folder

Thanks

10. Add New Sort to Help with Audiobook MP3 Files

I have a large group of MP3 files in a folder that are a CD audiobook I bought. Could you add a new sort to sort on the MP3 Track tag ? Right now I have to sort by the name and hope they get in the right order for smooth playback. Thanks - Love PA

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. button or link to subscribe to my podcast from FB or website with PA

I'd like to be able to create a button or link to subscribe to my podcast from FB, Twitter or my website using PA so I could target Android users.
    Is there a way I can generate a link that will automatically open in PA or will invite the user to download PA in order to listen to my feed ? Note: my audience is French language so they need a little bit more education about the in and outs of podcasting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to open the app on radio panel

For those who use this application mainly to listen to Radios, it could be nice to have a way to open it directly on the radio list. Either via an option or a widget. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. download settings

Your help says "go to settings" to set up download. You have two "settings", and the one you need to go to isn't even called "settings": It just has an icon. This sorta sucks, I just wasted a lot of time. However, the app is so highly rated I'm going to keep checking it out. You should at least change your help to indicate there are two settings menus...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is dedicated to new feature requests.
    Please send me an email in case you have an issue or a question so I can help (podcastaddict@gmail.com)

Thanks

What do you mean by “there are 2 settings” ?
    The app only has a Settings page. It can be accessed from the main screen menu or from the navigation sidebar. In both cases it opens the same app settings menu.

15. Bug:

On Samsung galaxy S4, the video episodes in new subscription was ran as audio after downloaded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature request.
    In case of an issue, please send me an email (Settings/Feedback)

Please add more detail, like your device model, android version, app version.

Regarding your issue, if an episode if played as an audio file it either means that this is an audio file, or that the podcast owner used an audio extension AND flagged the file as audio as well in the RSS feed. In that case please send me the podcast RSS feed information as well as the episode name.

Thanks

16. issue with resuming play after paused. Using Nexus 5 ver4.44. will pause, set down for 10 min, find played thru& deleted 10 min podc

Noticed after latest update. Error in code? Phone is 1 hear old in afterward care. Internal damage?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send me an email in case of an issue so I can help you (Settings/Feedback)
    This website is dedicated to new feature requests

Regarding the issue, an episode can only be removed automatically based on your Automatic cleanup settings. It can be deleted because the playback finished or if the episodes is too old or if you have too many downloaded files.

Please check your settings and send me an email if it didn’t help.

Thanks

17. please put a play option on the podcast episode list

Be able to play podcast episodes as soon as you open the episodes list instead of having to open the list, open the episode, then play it..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. podcast updates

Hij, great product! However, often i get notified there are one or two or many more updated episodes available. I like to selectively add those to the playlist. But in what subscription were they added? How can i see what subscriptions might need attention? Can you please create some sort of indicator for subscriptions having an updated episode? Would make the app even more brilliant...
    Thanks in advance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow search for more than three characters

Non-Latin alphabet languages e.g. Chinese contain many essential "words" that are less than three characters long. For example, the two-character compound 中国 means "China". With the current 3-character minimum restriction on searching for podcasts, users are unable to carry out searches for terms like these.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app already does this. In case the keyboard is in Chinese you can search using a single character.
    Can you send me an email with more detail about the issue (Settings/Feedback) ?
    Please let me know the language set on the keyboard and from which screen you’re doing the search

Thanks

20. Playlist order is not followed

Hello!
    If you change playlist sorting (eg: new->old) then the player plays items in random order.
    Despite that, this is the best podcast app I've ever seen.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website to report a bug. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Send me an email in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)

The app plays episodes following the playlist order, unless you enabled the player shuffle mode. In that case you will need to disable it.
    You can check the queue order by opening the player screen and swiping right

Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base