Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Option to open the app on radio panel

For those who use this application mainly to listen to Radios, it could be nice to have a way to open it directly on the radio list. Either via an option or a widget. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. download settings

Your help says "go to settings" to set up download. You have two "settings", and the one you need to go to isn't even called "settings": It just has an icon. This sorta sucks, I just wasted a lot of time. However, the app is so highly rated I'm going to keep checking it out. You should at least change your help to indicate there are two settings menus...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is dedicated to new feature requests.
    Please send me an email in case you have an issue or a question so I can help (podcastaddict@gmail.com)

Thanks

What do you mean by “there are 2 settings” ?
    The app only has a Settings page. It can be accessed from the main screen menu or from the navigation sidebar. In both cases it opens the same app settings menu.

3. Bug:

On Samsung galaxy S4, the video episodes in new subscription was ran as audio after downloaded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature request.
    In case of an issue, please send me an email (Settings/Feedback)

Please add more detail, like your device model, android version, app version.

Regarding your issue, if an episode if played as an audio file it either means that this is an audio file, or that the podcast owner used an audio extension AND flagged the file as audio as well in the RSS feed. In that case please send me the podcast RSS feed information as well as the episode name.

Thanks

4. issue with resuming play after paused. Using Nexus 5 ver4.44. will pause, set down for 10 min, find played thru& deleted 10 min podc

Noticed after latest update. Error in code? Phone is 1 hear old in afterward care. Internal damage?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send me an email in case of an issue so I can help you (Settings/Feedback)
    This website is dedicated to new feature requests

Regarding the issue, an episode can only be removed automatically based on your Automatic cleanup settings. It can be deleted because the playback finished or if the episodes is too old or if you have too many downloaded files.

Please check your settings and send me an email if it didn’t help.

Thanks

5. please put a play option on the podcast episode list

Be able to play podcast episodes as soon as you open the episodes list instead of having to open the list, open the episode, then play it..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. podcast updates

Hij, great product! However, often i get notified there are one or two or many more updated episodes available. I like to selectively add those to the playlist. But in what subscription were they added? How can i see what subscriptions might need attention? Can you please create some sort of indicator for subscriptions having an updated episode? Would make the app even more brilliant...
    Thanks in advance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow search for more than three characters

Non-Latin alphabet languages e.g. Chinese contain many essential "words" that are less than three characters long. For example, the two-character compound 中国 means "China". With the current 3-character minimum restriction on searching for podcasts, users are unable to carry out searches for terms like these.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app already does this. In case the keyboard is in Chinese you can search using a single character.
    Can you send me an email with more detail about the issue (Settings/Feedback) ?
    Please let me know the language set on the keyboard and from which screen you’re doing the search

Thanks

8. Playlist order is not followed

Hello!
    If you change playlist sorting (eg: new->old) then the player plays items in random order.
    Despite that, this is the best podcast app I've ever seen.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website to report a bug. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Send me an email in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback)

The app plays episodes following the playlist order, unless you enabled the player shuffle mode. In that case you will need to disable it.
    You can check the queue order by opening the player screen and swiping right

Thanks

9. Player accessible from main screen

Since I donated, the player that appeared at the bottom of the main screen disappeared. Could you enable it also for donators?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Even when you donate, you keep using the exact same free app (the donate app is just an unlocker)
    The player bar is always displayed at the bottom of the screen unless you disabled it in Settings/Player.
    Also make sure you’re not using any ad blocker / XPosed modules which can ‘think’ the player bar is an ad banner and remove it.

10. List file size of each podcast episode before/after you download

I would love it if in the description for each individual episode it listed the file size of the podcast episode & after you download an episode it tells you the file size.

Not all podcasts are the same in terms of how large the files are, some can go up to 200mb on average while others average around 30-50mb per episode. So it would be especially useful if you plan on downloading multiple episodes of different podcasts & don't want to use up all your space on your phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add profile files since the settings are not getting simpler.

A file that when added would configure the app settings exactly as saved in the profile file. I switch phones pretty frequently and it's frustrating to have to reconfigure the app each time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add options for or modify queue logic when adding unread

The current logic is to always add by publication date, which is normally great, but inapplicable when enqueueing the contents of a virtual podcast (audio book stored in a local folder), for which that field is abstracted from the file modification date. File date is arbitrary, usually corresponding to the medium of transfer, not the order of intended play. Allowing the enqueueing of items by title (audio book content usually has sequentially titled items) when adding an entire "podcast" would solve the issue.

Current workaround is to go to the downloaded podcasts screen, sort that, then enqueue. Sorting the podcast…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app doesn’t add by publication date.
    If your playlist is sorted, the episodes will be automatically sorted based on your criteria. If you’re using the ‘manual sorting’ episodes are added at the end of the playlist by default, by you can change this to add them at the beginning of the playlist or after the current episode.

In case of virtual podcasts the app uses the ID3 embedded date first and if none is used, it uses the file date as a last resort. If it doesn’t work for you you can change the playlist sorting date to sort by file name or other criteria.

I’m not sure to understand what the issue is.
    Feel free to send me more detail with maybe some screenshot at podcastaddict@gmail.com

Thanks

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix buggy playback freezing

Often (usually?) after I hit play, Podcast Addict plays nothing. The seconds counter often moves back and forth between two consecutive seconds. Both luckily and strangely, there is a workaround: If I press power so that the phone locks, and then power again so that it brings me to the unlock screen, the podcast begins to play.

This is using Podcast Addict 3.16.1, Android 5.1.1, CyanogenMod12.1 on a Motorola Moto G XT1079. I have the Download » Storage folder option configured to use the SD card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue as it’s dedicated to new feature request. Please send me an email in case of an issue so I can help you (Settings/Feedback)
    Regarding the issue, playback is handled by the device built-in player, not by the app. Once you press play, the command is sent to the device player, and the app then displays information received from the device mediaplayer service.
    It looks like there’s a bug on the device player which makes it fail to play properly. Make sure to disable every battery saver settings/app on the device as they can prevent player service from working properly

15. Read and setup subtitles

Allow to read subtitles and to download them from open subtitles other apps already do this

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rewind 30s button

You should set a button to rewind the podcast 30s. Just like Netflix have.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stopped working with latest update. What's the process to troubleshoot?

Starting the app locks up phone. After about a minute the Android 'Wait, Report, Close' buttons show up and I have to close to do anything else.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature request. In case of an issue please send me an email at (podcastaddict@gmail.com)

When this issue happens please press on the ‘Report’ button, then enter your email address in the ‘description field’ and send the report. Then send me an email after that so I can know when to search for the report.

Thanks

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Je vous remercie pour l'application

Never give up, continuez comme ça. Et hop un nous soutien :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow video podcasts to be played using BS Player Free (for 2x support) or Convert to Audio

I recently subscribed to the Rhonda Patrick podcast, but they're all videos. I'm very used to listening at 2x, so it would be great if podcast addict could either play it back at faster speed, or send it to another video player... or strip it to the audio only and play that (at 2x etc)!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General