Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Fix the rendering issue in Lollipop

The mini player control that is added to the lollipop lock screen when playing a podcast, causes the screen to flicker and re-render the notifications. As soon as the podcast addict control is dismissed, the flickering stops.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the Contact support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue, I just answered your email.

Thanks

Xavier

2. Jump to the next available episode in queue

I have a long playlist. Most of the episodes are pre-downloaded. But some were added before they were downloaded (somehow by mistake).
    I have this setting to only play if the episode is downloaded it in on WiFi.
    So.. When player goes to the next item in list and it is not downloaded yet and I'm not on WiFi (I'm driving), then it will just stop. Even though I have other previously downloaded items in the same list...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. fitzroy brown

Good morning to everyone hope u.ll enjoy your 4th of July

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include an outdated/late/old episodes download mode

We should be able to AUTOMATICALY download late/belated episodes in a chosen feed.

As soon as we can subscribe to an youtube chanel (like http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxj9UAX4Em-Lz5btngxMVZxf_B44GETVz) or a podcast that has been discontinued, should be a great resource, if besides being able to download any new episodes, we could have an option to download any older episodes (respecting the configured order).

This could improve the use of the app to consume learning materials from youtube, as well as permits that soneone (like me) can review and revive all the podcast history.

141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like what you're asking for is already available in the app.

Please enable the following settings:

- Settings/Download/Automatic download

- Settings/Download/Archive mode

- Settings/Download/Download older first

- Settings/Automatic cleanup/Keep at most => 2 ?

The app will then download the oldest 2 unplayed episodes for each podcasts. Then as soon as you/re done listening to one if this episode the app will delete it and download another unplayed episode.

If you only want this behavior for specific podcsts, enable this per podcast instead of globally.

If I misunderstood the feature request, please send me an email so I can gather more information (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

5. More metadata info in downloaded episods

It would be better if some metadata is added to the downloaded episods,like:

episod name as "Title",
    podcast source company as "Artist",
    podcast name as "Album", and so on.

so that when using "documents" app, and open the downloaded episods with inner player, more info can be found.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. where are my files?

I save favorite shows to my computer. But I can't do so with this app. Your competition lets me do that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to feature requests.
    Either use the Contact support button or the bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue, files are stored in the app folder by default. You can find/select the download folder in Settings/Download/Storage folder

7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hanel

Mpiana

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add more car friendly features.

I would suggest adding bigger controls on the widget and controls for forward and rewind on the slide down menu interface. Basically, check out beyondpods interface and copy a few things they do that make it great to use while driving.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Non Stop Playlist

Currently, when a podcast in the playlist finishes, app goes to the next podcast and waits till "Play" button is touched. Quite a huge inconvenience when driving, or while engaged in activity where phone is not accessible.
    I would like a feature allowing non-stop playback of all podcasts in the playlist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the Contact support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue, the app automatically skip to the next episode in the playlist. It doesn’t wait for you to press the play button.
    If it doesn’t work it means that some battery saver settings or apps is preventing Podcast Addict background tasks to work properly. Make sure to disable those settings/apps. Also make sure to restore the default developer settings if you changed Android developer settings.

Xavier

11. Bug, when overriding podcast category

Bug, when overriding podcast category,if you press the x button to clear the text box, the text box disappears

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Regarding the ‘issue’, this is the intended behavior. The X is supposed to remove the category, not clear the text content. You can then press the + button in the actionbar to add new categories

12. fix this: when I 'mark all read', episode artwork should not be replaced by podcast artwork

I have some podcasts that have episode artwork different to podcast artwork.

Seems that when I 'mark all read' the episode artwork is replaced on all episodes by the podcast artwork. When I 'mark all unread', the view refreshes and the individual episode artwork reappears for each episode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Regarding this “issue”, this is the app default settings. Custom Artwork is deleted to free some space. You can change this behavior in Settings/Automatic cleanup

13. Ability to select specific podcasts from search to add to playlist

When doing a search for a particular person you get a list of multiple different podcasts that included the interview with this person. There should be some way to select the podcast episodes you want and have them be added to the playlist.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the whole thing more user friendly

I am IT literate but new to podcasts, and I find this app bewildering. Up till now I have downloaded podcasts manually and listened via Android's music player, but wanted to save the weekly chore of checking whether a new podcast was available yet. Your software badly needs a user guide to explain to people like me what it can do. It took me several attempts to set up an automatically-updating subscription that works, as it seems it has to be done via the app rather than by clicking on 'subscribe' on the relevant website, and does not seem to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but this page is for new feature requests.

Every screen of the app comes with an help screen. Settings are self explained, (every setting has its own summary). There’s a Getting started guide available as well as FAQs and I’m available in case you have any questions.

In order to enable automatic update you need to go into Settings/Update.
    To download an episode press on the episode download button or select multiple episodes and then press download. You can also enable Automatic download either globally or per podcasts.
    This will download new episodes. Older episodes need to be downloaded manually.

15. I think that what I propose would be very useful. The "- Automatic Update - choose the time of the update feature setting" option is chosen

I think that what I propose would be very useful.

The "- Automatic Update - choose the time of the update feature setting" option is chosen.

When the automatic update, which also dispose of old episodes that have more seniority than you have set previously for automatically delete is made.

Thank You.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue.
    It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the Contact support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue the app displays the full content of the RSS feeds you subscribed to. If you don’t see an episode it means that nothing new has been published or that the podcast server is down or the feed broken. Please send me the podcast RSS feed url so I can check what the exact issue is.

Thanks

17. Fix the automatic streaming start

Since last update, episodes start streaming when downloaded. I cannot prevent it, please fix quickly...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. Irt’ dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the Contact Support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Edit: Sorry I read too fast.
    If the episode starts streaming, it means it’s not downloaded.
    Only successful download can be listened to offline. You will see the list of downloaded episodes in the screen called ‘Downloaded episodes’ available in the navigation sidebar

18. 47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sleep timer no longer supports stop at the end of current episode

After the UI update where the timer duration setting uses a circular clock the checkbox for "Stop at the end of current episode" is no longer visible. Can you please add it back into the timer dialog? Thanks !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote