Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The first seconds are skipped on OGG files

I guess its a bug. When hearing a podcast in the ogg format, the player skips the first seconds. On other formats like aac or mp3 it starts at the beginning. I'm on Android 4.4.2.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Playback is handled by the device built-in player.
    Sorry but there’s nothing I can do to fix this issue. Only a ROM update might be able to fix it. You can also try playing those episodes with another player like MX Player or VLC which are using their own engine

4. Different playlists

Iike downcast for iOS several playlist feed by podcasts choice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Metal Hammer

I like this app, but one podcast I couldn't find was the one from Metal Hammer magazine

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can subscribe to any existing RSS feed. It looks like they aren’t providing any RSS feed on their website and their podcast isn’t available on iTunes. As soon as their podast is available on iTunes it will be available in Podcast Addict as well

6. Add a "Clear Recent Apps" toggle

While I'm listening to a podcast on my phone (LG G3), I will sometimes click on the "Recently Used" apps button of my phone and hit the Clear All button. This makes the podcast stop, for obvious reasons... I'd like to be able to clear all my recently used apps without stopping the podcast from playing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By doing so you ask Android to clear this screen and to kill everyone of those apps as well…
    If Podcast Addict is running, playback will stop as the player service is being killed.
    There’s nothing I can do to change that

Xavier

7. Option to have bluetooth control fast forward/rewind instead of next/previous.

This is the setup used on the default windows phone podcast app and it is very intuitive. It's useful to navigate around ads since that is when i use the external controls most of the time. Awesome app you guys have put together, thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. be able to choice the minimum duration of an episode

There's a feature that permits to choice the maximum number of episodes per podcast. That's useful. But my app sometimes download the teasers and then reach this max number Before having download the real podcast.
    it can be useful to be able to set a minimum duration of an episode. By this way, i'll skip the teasers.
    Sorry for my English and thank you for your good app

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s not possible because the only way to now the episode duration for sure is to download the start playing the episode. Some RSS feed prove the duration information but most of the time this information is false (it’s just a copy/paste from another episode).
    So this feature won’t work.
    The only reliable filter is by type or by title

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to ask questions or report bug. It’s dedicated to new feature requests.
    Use this page Contact Support button or Settings/Feedback to contact me instead.

Regarding the question, you just have to re-install Podcast Addict Donate on your device and it will remove the ads from the Podcast Addict app.

Xavier

10. After the latest update, podcast audio has lots of crackling, popping and some stuttering

... across all podcasts I listen to. Is it related to the the real time processing? Can I turn that off? I'm using a GN3.

Thanks for a great product!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use instead this web site contact support button or the app bug report form (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

As explained in the last changelog, the Skip silence feature will increase the CPU usage and decrease the sound quality. If it doesn’t work fine for a file, please disable this setting

Thanks

Xavier

11. Extend 'skip upon failure' to include unable to even *start* streaming

Even though the setting Playlist->SkipUponFailure is set, if play of an episode cannot even begin because streaming is required but no network connection is available, this stops the playlist anyway (even with the setting). It seems that something about the current implementation of "failure" does not include this case. (Maybe "failure" only applies in the middle of a podcast but not to one that can't even be started ...maybe "failure" doesn't include anything related to 'streaming' ...maybe ???)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t create new feature request when I declined the previous one. Use the comment section instead.
    The skip upon failure setting will skip to the next valid episode in the playlist when an error occurs (no matter what the error is).
    If playback stops it means that there’s not other ‘valid episode’ to play after the current one in the playlist

12. Switch from audio to video podcast

I would like to be able to switch from the video to the audio and back version of a podcast.

E.g.

I have both TWIT audio and TWIT Video HD subscribed. When at home I watch the video version. In the morning on the way to work I would like to continue from where I left in the video with the audio version (not wasting battery playing a hd stream in my pocket)

Much in the way the Twit pro app in the play store allows to switch from audio to video and continues in the same position.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but that won’t be possible. Audio and video are coming from 2 different rss feeds. A dedicated app can do this easily but not a generic podcast manager. Subscribing to the same video feed on both device might be the solution but you will still play the video version on your smartphone, the difference being that you will maybe put the video in the background. In that case it’s just the cross device syncing feature which is missing and I’m working on it right now.

13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the page Contact support button or the Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form in case of an issue

Regarding the issue, it means that either your ISP or the podcast remote server is resetting the connection after some time.
    Please send me the podcast RSS feed url and episode names so I can do some tests

Thanks

14. "Delete older episodes" doesn't work!

I love this app, but a critical feature isn't working. In settings -> Automatic cleanup -> Delete older episodes -- I have this setting on two weeks and never change it.

In spite of that -- in the downloads screen, I have downloaded episodes that are months old. They never get deleted. I end up filling up my phone's entire storage with old podcasts that never get deleted -- and eventually I have to manually delete files myself.

Help! How can I get "delete older episodes" working?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the page Contact support button or the Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form instead

Regarding the issue, the automatic deletion is triggered when a new episode is downloaded. Then the app will apply the automatic cleanup setting to this podcast and delete episodes if necessary.
    If they are not deleted, it means that they don’t match the criteria (make sure that you didn’t override the settings for those podcasts)
    You can send me a backup of the app data, if you want me to take a look at the app settings

15. Clear out images with the podcasts

I just cleared 300MB of images after 1 year of use. When a podcast goes to trash take the image if nothing else uses it. On app update clear the folder of images that are not referenced

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. please, dont open *.3gp files by default...

My firefox app sends 3gp files from the web to pa to open them with the video player. disabling the internal videoplayer won't help.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app supports this format, but doesn’t open them by default.
    When you open a file, Android will display the list of apps which support the file format. If a single one is found it will be opened by default. Otherwise Android display the list of apps which can play the file. When you select an app, make sure to press the Once button otherwise Android will remember and always use this kind of file with the selected player. You can then go into Android Setting/Apps to clear this association

17. Having a player Hystory to be able to find an old podcast we played

Having a player Hystory to have the line up of what we listened previously and be able to find a podcast from the date we played it

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a particular podcast isn't working for me in this app.

It's called Glenquarie Anglican Church. If I search for it using the iTunes search function I find it but it never has the picture there, just the PA logo. After subscribing it always fails to initialise. If I add it using the web link it says it initialises but still doesn't show any episodes or the picture. If you look at the iTunes website it's all there and looks fine. Would you be able to see if the problem is at your end or at the podcaster's end?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the app Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form or this website contact support button in case of an issue.
    Regarding the issue, please send me the podcast RSS feed url so I can test it. To do so, long press on the podcast, select Copy to clipboard and paste the result here.
    My guess is that the RSS feed is broken or that the podcast server is down

19. Having the possibility to have more than one playlist

I would like to be able to manage several playlists. For example, if I want to listen episodes of one podcast, I have to empty the playlist and to fill it with episodes. The other idea could be to request the listening of all episodes of one podcast without changing the content of the playlist

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the app crash frequently

The app crash all time with navigation on interet, facebook app, games. multithreat isn't optimized

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the app Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form or this website contact support button in case of an issue.
    Regarding the issue, it’s not the app crashing but Android killing it to free some resources.
    My guess is that you’re using a Moto G device or a device running Android 5.x
    Both have a major bug which makes Android kill background apps way too often. If you’re on Android 5 the workaround is to reboot the device on a daily basis until Google releases the fix.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base