Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. Having the possibility to have more than one playlist

I would like to be able to manage several playlists. For example, if I want to listen episodes of one podcast, I have to empty the playlist and to fill it with episodes. The other idea could be to request the listening of all episodes of one podcast without changing the content of the playlist

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. the app crash frequently

The app crash all time with navigation on interet, facebook app, games. multithreat isn't optimized

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the app Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form or this website contact support button in case of an issue.
    Regarding the issue, it’s not the app crashing but Android killing it to free some resources.
    My guess is that you’re using a Moto G device or a device running Android 5.x
    Both have a major bug which makes Android kill background apps way too often. If you’re on Android 5 the workaround is to reboot the device on a daily basis until Google releases the fix.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful

3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can stop the episode currently playing from any screen (player bar at the bottom of the screen). You can add/remove an episode to/from the playlist from the episode screen (button at the bottom right corner of the screen)
    Feel free to add more information if this is not what you’re asking

4. Hi, is there a way I can get the app to play all unread podcasts from oldest to newest?

Hi, is there a way I can get the app to play all unread podcasts from oldest to newest?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please don’t use this section to ask a question. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the Settings/Feedback contact information in order to contact me.

Regarding your question you just need to long press on the podcast and select add to the playlist, then you can change the playlist sorting to get them in the order of your choice.

Xavier

5. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make "concurrent update #" setting really be number of downloads, not number of subscriptions

Limiting number of simultaneous downloads is indeed very important. But suppose you've set the existing limit to "2 podcasts", one of those podcasts has four new episodes, and the other podcast has three new episodes. Then you will wind up doing seven simultaneous downloads (which won't work very well in many cases).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please comment the current feature request rather than creating a new one.
    There’s no link between the number of podcasts updated in parallel and the download queue. New episodes are just added to the queue which for now only downloads one episode at a time

7. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Orderly download limited number of unread episodes per podcast

Sorry if this has been posted, couldn't find exactly this idea.

My use case is that I want to steadily listen to all my subscriptions, in publication order. Downloading and queuing on automatic refresh does this nicely.

The problem is the necessary free space needed. If I fall somewhat behind for a few days, my storage gets filled up pretty quickly.

I see two possible ways of going about this (and I can't add storage ;-).

1) Globally download and store up to X GB of unread podcasts (and from all unread, in publication order)
    2) Download at most X…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like this can be managed by the new Archive mode.
    Set app Settings/Automatic cleanup/Keep at most for 5 episodes for example (globally or per podcast), then enable the archive mode (globally or per podcast). The app will download up to 5 episodes and keep this number until you finally managed to liste to all your episodes.
    Please let me know if this doesn’t answer your use case.

Thanks

9. Clean up the app.

Several bugs have been introduced into the app within the past few months and not fixed. I will be leaving for Stitcher. I hope for the sake of rest of user base that timely and useful updates are taken seriously by development team.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. This page is dedicated to new feature request. Use Settings/Feedback/Report a bug or this website ‘Contact support’ button to report an issue.

You’re talking about several bugs, but you’re not giving any detail. I’m not aware of a single bug at the moment. I can only solve an issue if I’m aware of it, so please report them giving some details.
    Podcast Addict has received weekly update for the past 3 years so development is active.
    But there’s no team, just me

Xavier

10. please include a white colour based theme.

all themes now are variations of dark tones. thanks for the excellent app and support !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back "delete read episodes" button.

There used to be a "delete read episodes" button on the downloaded episodes tab, but it's now gone when you have read episodes hidden. If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see it return.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Podcast Addict won't pause via car Bluetooth

I can't get Podcast Addict to Pause via my car's Bluetooth. FF and Rewind work fine. The Pause/Play function works with other podcast players via Bluetooth so not sure why PA is not working. It's working with my Bluetooth headphones but just not with my car. Any idea why?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this screen to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the dedicated bug report form in Settings/Feedback instead.

Regarding the issue the app just reacts to message it’s receiving. It can fail if the BT receiver is sending ‘unknown’ controls or if another app is receiving, processing and not forwarding those controls in which case Podcats Addict won’t receive them

Xavier

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable variable speed playback on android 4.0+

You described here http://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/5299297 that the android API did not allow this feature.

I have observed that some media players (like VLC) as well as other podcast players (like BeyondPod Podcast Manager [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod]) have this feature working even on my Android 4.0 device.

Can you please at least bring this feature to android 4.0?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As explained in the other suggestion Podcast Addict uses a specific Android API which doesn’t exist in previous version.
    Other app might use a software solution, but Podcast Addict will keep using current solution which uses an API to access hardware

15. eq

when the eq is on the sound is weird. a weird clicking sound

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this screen to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form instead.

Regarding the issue, the playback as well as the EQ is handled by the device built-in player.
    Podcast Addict just displays the device built-in EQ screen, but then everything is handled by the device app. There’s nothing I can do to change this behavior.
    Make sure you’re using the EQ while playing at 1.0x though

Xavier

16. kitkat sd stockage

Je ne comprends pas comment faire pour stocker sur la carte sd dans quel menu je dois aller merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de n’utiliser cette section que pour suggérer/voter pour de nouvelles fonctions.
    Tu peux me contacter directement depuis Paramètres/Feedback

Pour changer de répertoire de stockage il faut aller dans Paramètres/téléchargement/Répertoire de stockage et sélectionner le répertoire de l’app sur la carte SD
    Tu trouveras plus de détail dans les FAQs ou dans l’aide de l’app

Xavier

17. Loop 'Download Episodes' until completely done

Whenever the download manager finishes, check if anything at all was done and if the whole process was initially started by the user looking at "Playlist" and pressing [Menu] and selecting 'Download Episodes', and if so restart itself. Have download manager loop (re-checking playlist each time), and not stop until nothing at all was done in the previous iteration. Maybe more things have been added to the playlist - maybe there were some transient download failures - maybe there was a network connectivity problem - etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The playlist menu just downloads episodes from the playlist which are not downloaded. It won’t download future undownloaded episodes added to the playlist.
    This feature just adds episodes to the download queue, so they will remain in the queue until they are fully downloaded or until the podcast server returns an error. Network issue aren’t a problem. The download manager just waits until the connection is back up and then resumes download

18. Simply skip to next in playlist if cannot stream

If the playlist encounters an episode that's not downloaded, but streaming cannot be started (no cell service, Wi-Fi only but all Wi-Fi Filter out of range, Wi-Fi only but Wi-Fi turned off, server down, network failure, etc.), rather than stopping altogether, simply skip to the next episode in the playlist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clarify wording of "concurrent update #" setting and/or implement alternative.

Clarify wording of "concurrent update #" setting; is it 'podcasts' or 'episodes'? If it's 'podcasts', add a similar setting for 'episodes'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Modify FAQ "No more SD card Storage since Android KitKat"

Changing directories is not intuitive. I actually figured out how to do it by accident. Saying something about pressing the "back" button would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?