Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. auto-spelling correction in podcast adding is too francophone

When I search for podcasts I want to subscribe to, PA tries to correct my English. Usually it corrects it to something French. I cannot see any way of stopping this in the settings. I can prevent this with extra key strokes by affirming the correct spelling but this is really I find the biggest obstacle to adoption for non-French speakers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. suppression.

Bonjour. Impossible de supprimer les épisodes passés, lus ou non lus. Du coup la memoire de mon portable est constamment saturée. Il y a bien une poubelle mais impossible de m en servir. Dommage pour une application par ailleurs excellente. Help me please!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Seuls les épisodes téléchargés peuvent etre supprimés (manuellement ou automatiquement)
    Les articles des épisodes ne peuvent pas etre supprimés. Tu peux les marquer lus puis les cacher à l’aide du bouton ‘oeil’ dans la barre d’outils

3. Add a secondary queue for any podcasts reviewed when you put a timer

I have a terrible habit of falling asleep when I put the timer on (love this feature). But ill often fall asleep before the timer is off. Often times I will not recall which podcast I was listening to or missed while asleep. If there was a queue for the automatic cleanout option that the episodes enter a "24 hour hold" queue before moving to the "read" episodes or somewhere to be deleted so I can go in this queue and readd to playlist. Another option of the same utility would be enabling us to sort the "read episodes" by…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your episodes are downloaded, then you can enable the Trash (Settings/Automatic cleaning/Trash)
    Every episode automatically deleted by the app will then be moved to the trash for a short period of time. After waking up you can then open the trash (navigation sidebar) to restore deleted episodes before they are definitely deleted by the app

4. Should be able to bulk move items to top or bottom in playlist

One can only move one item in the play list to the top or bottom in manual playlist ordering. It would be great if I can select multiple play list items and be able to move all the selected episodes to top or bottom in a single operation and the selected items get moved either to top or bottom from their current position and retain their current order relative to each other at the top or bottom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. tighten up Chromecast playback

Playlist does not advance to next track while connected to Chromecast. I think it would be cool if it did. Others reccomended transport buttons etc. I agree.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. FLAC playback support

I've got a library of FLAC audiobooks that would be great if I could play them with podcast addict.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. long press option to view episode description from playlist

From the playlist screen, I want to be able to long press an episode and then select "view episode description" from the options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Resume long downloaded podcasts

Longer downloaded episodes (3 hours) don't resume from where they left off. Only when I'm streaming them they are able to resume. Downloaded episodes resume usually from 4th minute.
    Additional info: I am also unable to skip directly to the time i left off, when pressing the slider at 2:00:00, it play from 00:15:00, after pressing again from somewhere around 30 mins... 2nd hour is available after about 10 seconds.
    It seems to me that after hitting play it opens the downloaded file and starts to index it in background, then tries to skip to 2:00:00 while only 4 minutes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use instead the Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form.

Regarding the issue, the app always resume playback, no matter what the episode duration is.
    Playback is not handled by the app. It’s handled by the device built-in player. So when you resume playback the app sends the playback position to the device built-in player which fails to resume in this case and restart from the start. If the device player doesn’t fully support the file type/encoding this can happen and there’s nothing I can do about it. This is why you cannot seek for the position. This is the exact same issue.
    The only solution might be to play this podcast with a 3rd party player like MX Player or VLC which are using their own engine and might fully support this file encoding.

If you’re streaming…

9. Give a higher CPU priority to the player

For some the reason with my Galaxy S5, from time to time, when the screeen is off, the player skips.
    (not related to network problem or energy saving setting or software)
    In poweramp, there is a setting to avoid this kind of problem ysing ’wakelock’

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses a foreground service for the playback, which means it’s using a High priority.
    The app prevents the CPU from sleeping by holding the mediaplayer service wakelock.

The only way the player can skip is if there’s an encoding problem in the file or a network issue or a battery saver setting/app which changes the app priority.

10. Poder ordenar la Playlist

Cuando tengo varios episodios en la playlist, solo tengo posiblidad de subir o bajar uno de ellos hasta el principio o hasta el final. Creo que seria de mucha utilidad el poder subir o bajar un episodio un solo nivel en vez de tener que llevarlo al pricipio o al final.
    Gracias.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Por que cuando acaba un episodio en la playlist, no comienza el siguiente automaticamente.

Por que cuando acaba un episodio en la playlist, no comienza el siguiente automaticamente. A mi se me para y tengo que darle al play de nuevo, cuando lo logico es que al acabar un episodio, pasara al siguiente y asi sucesivamente.
    Gracias por escucharme.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. instant feedback while adjusting playback speed

Doesn't adjust on the fly. Only after accepting the setting does the speed change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you change the variable playback speed you can already hear the modification in real time.

The app doesn’t play YouTube videos. They are played via the YouTube app are the embedded webview.

Please create a separate entry for every feature request

Thanks

Xavier

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

No it doesn’t drain the battery. The mandatory background service doesn’t use any CPU/battery. Android can kill it any time it needs to free some resource for an app running in the foreground, then the service will restart automatically. It handles all the app automatic behavior, remote control…

14. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Autodownload Next Episode in Order

When going through a podcast archive, I like to listen to oldest first. I'd like if, during the morning sync, I had some way to tell it to download the oldest unlistened to episode, even if its not new.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Télécherger un épisode en double cliquant dessus

Pourrais ton lancer le DL d'un épisode par double clic dessus ?
    Je télécharge pas mal d’épisodes et je dois faire un clic long sur chaque épisode que je désire pour lance le téléchargement, c'est long !
    Merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cette action ne fait pas partie des ‘gestures’ Android. Il te faut soit passer par le laisser appuyé, soit passer en mode sélection, puis sélectionner tous les épisodes et enfin choisir l’action Télécharger. Enfin tu peux aussi ouvrir la description de l’épisode, appuyer sur télécharger puis swiper gauche/droite pour changer d’épisode, appuyer sur télécharger, …

Xavier

17. WINDOWS VERSION

WINDOWS 8 VERSION

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adapt app to use SD card

I believe that apps can be adapted to suit newer Android security and download files to SD card. Some apps that I have can write in SD card.
    Please!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s nothing to adapt.
    The app can store the episodes on the SD card. You just have to go into Settings/Download/Storage Location and select a valid folder on the SD card.

Everything is explained in the app FAQ (Settings/FAQs)

20. Episode-Specific Picture from RSS feed is replaced by the default picture for the podcast only after the episode is downloaded.

This is a bug report.

When I add a podcast via RSS, all the backlog of episodes have their own picture.

When I download an episode, that episode gets the generic picture for the podcast, rather than retaining the episode specific picture.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report a bug. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the dedicated form instead (settings/feedback/report a bug)

Regarding the issue, the app is just extracting the embedded artwork of the episode file. It means that the podcast owner added the podcast artwork rather than the episode one within the file.
    Feel free to contact the owner so he can change this.

Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base