Skip to content

General

2326 results found

1. When adding a virtual folder the track tags do not appear in the podcast list

I have a number of downloaded podcasts as mp3 files, but the track names do not appear in the playlist or player (only the filename appears). The track tags are ignored.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. integrate with simple last.FM scribbler.

I don't like my podcasts being scrobbled on last.fm, but this appears to occur when usibg the simple last.fm app. If you support integration with the simple last.FM app, users can turn off scrobbling. Dev support can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/a-simple-lastfm-scrobbler/wiki/Developers

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s absolutly no integration/link beween Podcast Addict and last FM.Please take a look at the FAQ

=> "It looks like Last.fm app is scrobbling every podcasts listened to in Podcast Addict.
    Podcast Addict player is based on default Android API and Last.fm has a setting enabled by default that scobbles information about every app based on those API.

If you uncheck “Scrobble Android player” in the Last.fm app settings, then it will only scrobble radio plays."

3. provide an export facility to export all the comments of all the podcasts to a text file

provide an export facility to export all the comments of all the podcasts to a text file so that one will have a seperate record of what a specific podcast was all about for later search, lookup or reference. It seems like the comments are lost if one copies the mp3 files to another place (when you run out of memory)

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What does the message says exactly. If it says there’s a storage issue it might be that you forget to change the storage folder and that the app downliads in the device internal memory rather than on the SD card. Please give me more information like device internal free memory, SD card memory storage folder location…
    Thanks

Xavier

5. Widget crashes on 4.4.2.

Play a podcast. Open podcast with the icon. Hit the double window button to show recent apps, turn phone so the list of apps go vertical, then turn back to horizontal. Touch in the middle of the screen to go back to the homescreen. Podcast keeps play, but the widget has crashed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Black bar at the bottom is taking screen real state

I don't understand why that black bar is always there now even though it doesn't show anything, maybe should think of moving the controls to that bar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add option to sleep timer to change time by 5min instead of every 1min

The accuracy of sleep time time chooser is one minute. When I would prefer accuracy of five minutes is enough.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Set a timeout for feeds that don't responded.

When a feeds doesn't response Podcast Addict seems to wait until it gets a response and then move on to the next podcast.

Set it so that if a feed doesn't response in a set time the app moves on to the next feed and then trys that feeds again at the end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show process bar in look screen

It would be fantastic view the progress bar in the lock screen controls.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The lock screen widget is a default android component. I cannot change it’s look and add features. Starting with android 4.4 Google added a progress bar that can be displayed if you long press on a button. If you’re on android 4.4 you can try it (feature already implemented in the app)

10. let user limit items in All listing

Would like to have a way to limit the number or the age of the items in the All listing. 5389 is too many.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a PayPal link to ur site?

as an alternative to entering credit card info at Google Play when desiring to donate, thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move imported podcasts to one of the existing podcasts subscription

Some of the rss that i added didn't get a full story retrieved but only the last 30. I have direct links to older podcasts but since they didn't appear I've downloaded them and add it to the import folder.

It was nice to have the ability to move it to the original podcast instead of being on a "new" podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to download old podcasts in a subscription.

I would like to download older episodes in a podcast. Usually, when I add a subscription, there is a limited number I can download...about 10-20 episodes. However,using my desktop W8 apps, I can see almost 50-400 episodes in a subscription.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Podcast Addict shows you the full content of the RSS feed. There’s no limitation coming from the app. The only limitation can be done by the RSS feed owner. Some services can show older content because they’re not using the RSS feed, they are querying Webservices like Google Reader before and now feedly that keeps track of past episodes even when they’re not available in the feed anymore.
    That’s not how the app works.
    The app is autonomous and only uses the RSS feed content

16. please make variable speed playback available for android 2.3

Please add variable speed playback to older Android versions, particularly 2.3(gingerbread).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. J'avais des podcasts téléchargs sur la mémoire téjléphone puis j'ai eu le malheure d'ajouter une sdacrd. Après impossible pour l'appli de re

J'avais des podcasts téléchargés sur la "mémoire téjéphone" puis j'ai eu le malheur d'ajouter une sdcard. Après impossible pour l'appli de retrouver ses petits. En désespoir de cause, j'ai tout copié par un explorateur windows de la mémoire du tél sur la mémoire de la sdcard, podcast après podcast, mais rien à faire. Des tas de podcasts téléchargés, donc présent sur la sdcard n'étaient plus reconnus comme téléchargés. J'imagine qu'il y a en plus du mp3, une référence quelque part.
    Suggestion : re référencer à minima tous les podcasts (ceux téléchargés) en fonction des disques présents (mémoire tél + sdcard…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de bien vouloir remonter les problèmes dans la section dédiée (Bouton Contact support sur ce site). La section actuelle est dédiée aux demandes de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

Il est impossible de lier des fichiers copiés manuellement à des épisodes de podcasts dans l’app.

Par contre l’ajout d’une carte SD ne change rien à l’utilisation du téléphone et/ou de la mémoire par l’app.
    Tu as certainement modifié le répertoire de stockage des podcasts dans Paramètres/Téléchargement/Répertoire de stockage suite à l’ajout de la carte SD.
    Comme indiqué dans l’écran qui c’est alors affiché, l’app ne gère pas la copie de la mémoire interne vers la SD (ou inversement) à cause du temps trop important que prends cette copie.
    Il est donc nécessaire de retélécharger les podcasts.
    Une autre solution consiste à faire une sauvegarde puis une restauration après avoir modifié le répertoire de stockage

Xavier

18. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Do some user studies on newbies

It has taken quite a while to get any sound out. - I have never used a podcast listener before.

Your documentation says that a new subscribe will download available episodes? It seems to wait until the next scheduled download time, and I get the message that I should download instead of stream - I expected it to have downloaded already.

Arr! I guess I just don't understand what "download" means in this context.

P

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As explained on the main page when you first start the app you just have to press the + button to subscribe to a podcast and then tune the settings.
    Once that’s done you just have to open the episode you want to listen to and press the Play button (or the download button and then the play button once it has been downloaded).

When you enable automatic download it will be applied for new episodes (as explained in Settings/Downlaod/Automatic Download). If you want to download past episodes after the first podcast refresh you can do it manually, or for a selection (use the Action Mode menu) or for all of them if you want to (Long press on the podcast and select Download unread)

The message you get about downloading the episode first means that you are streaming an episode and that if you want to listened to it…

20. Option to import mp3 files (old podcasts from previously used podcast app)

Some podcast providers delete their old podcasts after certain days (public radio stations in Germany after few weeks)

As some of my favorite podcast episodes are no longer available but I do have them downloaded with my previous podcast app (podkicker) that allows me to export them as mp3 files, I would love to integrate them into podcast addict.

Could be even expanded to import my audiobooks and make my audiobook player obsolete.
    One app for my audios would be a dream!

Keep up the good work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)