Skip to content

General

2335 results found

1. Mark NOT INTERESTED for episodes

Currently episodes can be marked as PLAYED or UNPLAYED, played episodes get a mark and can be hidden.

I would like to mark some episodes as NOT INTERESTED (oe anything else similar). For a variety of reasons there are some episodes that I don't want to hear now or in a near future, others I stopped listening maybe because I found them boring. I could mark them as PLAYED to remove them from view, but maybe some day I could want to listen them and it would difficult to find. If I could have a different mark I would able…

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add secondary sorting to the podcast list

Secondary sorting on playlists works amazingly. Please extend this to the sort functionality already built into the main podcast list. I would love to be able to have the podcast tiles sorted "By priority, and then by publication date to break ties".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow customization of accent color on dark mode

Currently, light mode has a wide variety of accent colors. Dark mode let you choose how dark (grey, black, amoled black), but the accent color for some text and buttons is orange. I'd love to be able to change that.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Filter Explicit content under some Conditions

The app should hide/not play explicit content under certain circumstances.

Use Case:
    User is subscribed to content that is marked Explicit/unsuitable for children. When user connects to their home Bluetooth or (especially) Car Audio, all explicit media sources should be hidden.

Filter Conditions:
    1. Device based (Android Auto, Bluetooth device, etc)
    2. WiFi based (SSID based)
    3. A global Explicit content ON/OFF button somewhere in the UI

UI Design:
    Maybe a settings menu entry just like the WiFi filter and a master enable/disable with devices that need to be whitelisted for explicit content.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an episode long-press option for "download next episode and queue after this"

A pattern I very frequently encounter is being on the playlist and wanting to download the next episode of a show and insert it on the playlist immediately after the current episode. This requires me to remember what episode I'm on, go back to the podcast show list, open the show, scroll down to the new episode, download it, add it to the playlist, and then drag it up to where I want it. Instead, I'd like to just have a single "download next episode and queue after this" option that I can execute from the playlist.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep podcast info/settings/search visible when scrolling

I'll often be scrolling through lists of episodes and then want to search for specific content/episodes. Right now, I have to scroll back up to the top of the list of episodes to access the search button (and podcast info/settings etc.)

Can we have podcast info/settings/search kept visible when scrolling through episodes, or scroll it at a different rate to the episodes so that it shows quickly when scrolling back up (i.e. instead of having to scroll to the top of the episodes)?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bulk categorize podcasts

I currently have 470 podcasts total. 150 of those are categorized automatically as fiction as I subscribe to them over time. I would like to move them to a category I created called "New" where I keep the podcasts I haven't started listening to yet. It would be nice to be able to bulk categorize those 150 without going through a list of all 470, or individually customizing the settings to change the category on all 150.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reset the sleep timer when the user does something, like presses pause/play, or starts new episode (ie. indicating they’re not asleep).

Annoying when you press play, and the sleep timer runs out shortly afterwards.

If I’m interacting with the app, then I’m not asleep, and therefore probably don’t want the podcast to turn off.

I leave the sleep timer on all the time (would forget to turn it off, or on again), so quite often it goes to sleep when I’m listening in the car or something.

Thanks 😃

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calculate replay gain on all downloads, and allow user to choose a standard volume for podcasts

Calculate the replay gain when you download a podcast. Then allow users to choose whether or not to apply the replay gain and what level by decibel to use as the standard volume. Then the user would adjust the standard volume for his circumstances, rather than having to adjust it with each different podcast

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sort Playlist by Podcast Listened Date

Allow sorting playlists by the time when a Podcast (show) was listened to.

I'm subscribed to a lot of podcasts and I want to be able to identify which ones I haven't listened to recently so I can listen to them.

For example:

1. let's say I have Show A, and I listen to episode 10. That episode 10 is deleted and episode 11 is downloaded.

2. I also have Show B, with episode 50 downloaded.

3. When sorting by Podcast Listened Date (Reversed), episode 11 of Show A should go to the bottom.

4. Notice I haven't listened episode 11. But the date…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Absolute Published Timestamp option

I've just subscribed to the Bloomberg Market Minute at https://feeds.megaphone.fm/BLM6555889811 which publishes episodes at :20 and :50 past the hour, 24/7.

During New York Stock Exchange opening hours, each report is new and different, but during off-hours, a limited number of reports rotate on repeat.

The first-run times of the various repeated reports are known entities (weekday overnights, for example, are new at 12:20a, 12:50a and 1:20a ET, then those three reports rotate on repeat in those :20 and :50 slots until 4:20a).

Rather than the current Elapsed Time Display option that tells me how long ago the episodes were…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easier access to priority setting

I have a feature idea that would be useful for me. At the moment, on the player, there are 2 icons, thumbs up 👍 and thumbs down 👎, to rate the episode.

Iy would be nice to have a setting that, when enabled, if I click the thumbs up, it will also increase the podcast priority by 1 (or an arbitrary amount) . If I click the thumbs down, it will also decrease the podcast priority by 1.

Or, maybe to have the priority setting more easily accessible from the player. Maybe a setting to make the priority visible and…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatic Bookmarks / Listen History

I've been using PA to listen to Audiobooks as Virtual Podcasts and it would be great if an option was available to automatically create a bookmark whenever the playback is resumed from a paused state.

This would also be useful for regular podcasts.

The reason being I often get distracted or fall asleep whilst listening and this provides and easy way to go back to the last staring point.

Could also be some kind of history thing perhaps with the last x number of start positions and what time is and date it was. Very similar to how the bookmarks…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate sorts per category/show.

Recent episodes I always want sorted new to old, but old podcasts that I want to listen through always need to be sorted the reverse to get them to play through. Can we get sort to only affect the category it's selected in?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the total time of all podcast playback times in the playlist screen.

Currently you can only see the total playlist time by pressing a button. It displays quickly and disappears.

Display the total playback time continuously when looking at the playlist screen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Android Automotive Sync

Looking to buy a new car with Android Automotive. Obviously this doesn't use android auto so doesn't pull podcasts from the phone.
    Ideally need a sync function to make sure podcasts, playlists and progress is the same across multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If multiple playlists are never going to happen, then how about a selectable tag system for individual episodes?

The Categories filter only applies to whole podcast feeds, but many of those have hundreds of episodes and lots of people like to pick and choose, and group them for different listening situations. Multiple custom playlists is the most obvious solution, with hundreds of votes here, but it doesn't seem that's happening.

So what about the option to create tags that can be applied to and used to filter individual episodes? Those can be added to the custom playlist or played from whichever list they're filtered in. It would be more work, but also potentially more flexible than multiple playlists,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort By Recently Played Option In Each Sort Menu

This is useful independent of the Playback history and Playback in progress. Those can't currently be filtered very well - that's another potential improvement that could fill the same purpose. (also, All and Downloaded episodes could use the same filters - the ones in the podcast episode lists.)

Use cases:
    -Took a break from a show, not sure how long ago, and want to pick it up again.
    -can't remember the specific guest or a revelant search term, and it was an older episode that was listened recently.
    -I'm already in the podcast's episode list and have it filtered, and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow selection of which Player view is used as the Opening Screen

I have a premium subscription and I've set my Opening Screen to Player. However, the Player screen has 3 views:
    1. The playlist
    2. The current episode image and title
    3. The episode details

Setting the Opening Screen to Player opens the app on view #2, but I'd like to open it on view #1.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Push Notification for Live Streams

Add support for push notifications for live podcast stream using the Podcasting 2.0 tag <podcast:liveItem>. If the user turned on this toggle for a specific podcast, they'd receive a notification whenever the podcast stream went live and given the option to stream the show.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General