Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. way to redownload a episode

It would be very usefull if we could download again a corrupted episode. It happens to me some times a episode corrupta while downloading, and when I try to play it, the player shows me a error.
    I could finf a way to redownload it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can open the episode screen and press delete/download to do that.
    Why are you saying the episode is corrupted ? If the status is downloaded it means that the episode file on your device is the same as the one on the podcast server so downloading it again won’t change anything unless the podcast owner replaced the file on the server with a different one.’
    Please let me know what the issue is with those ‘corrupted files’.
    Press this site Contact support button to do so

Thanks

Xavier

2. Downloads scheduler

Would like my downloads to happen after 22:00 at night.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do that. Go into Settings/Update/Automatic update et select the update time of your choice (ie: 22:00), then you need to enabled Settings/Download/Automatic download.
    That way the app will update your podcasts RSS feeds at 22:00 and retrieve new episodes, which will be downloaded

3. Why does Podcast Addict sometimes try to stream episodes I've already downloaded started listening to?

Occasionally, I'll download an episode of a podcast over Wifi to my local storage, an SD card. I'll disable Wifi, and start listening to the episode in the car, using the downloaded version. Then, the next day, I'll start the episode again in the car from where it left off, and instead of continuing to play the downloaded version, Podcast Addict will complain that is cannot stream the episode over Wifi, and then fail to play the episode at all.

Is there something I'm doing wrong. Why doesn't Podcast Addict always play the downloaded version?

When I stop the car,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the Contact support button or the for in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug in case of an issue.

Regarding the issue, if the app try to stream an episode it means that the episode isn’t downloaded.
    It can be that the episode has been deleted manually or automatically based on your Automatic cleanup settings. It can also be that your SD card is corrupted which mean that Android will keep unmounting it so the app won’t have access to the file and will then consider it as non downloaded. In that case it won’t be able to play the local file even if the SD card is available because it’s now flagged as non downloaded. So turning the Wifi on will just stream the file unless you download it one more time.

FYI corrupted SD card…

4. Avoid corrupting external micro-SD

I experienced External SD Corruption - please avoid.
    C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk J: /r
    The type of the file system is FAT32.
    Volume Serial Number is 81AB-1500
    Windows is verifying files and folders...
    Removing nonvalid long folder entry from \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails...
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\»←ñwƒ°=.n1⌂ Invalid time stamp.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\»←ñwƒ°
    =.n1⌂ Invalid time stamp.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\»←ñwƒ°=.n1⌂ Folder has non-zero file size.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\»←ñwƒ°
    =.n1⌂ first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\ªGô▓■âs;.►ÓÔ Invalid time stamp.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\ªGô▓■âs;.►ÓÔ Folder has non-zero file size.
    \Android\data\com.bambuna.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\ªGô▓■âs;.►ÓÔ first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
    Ü Invalid time stamp.una.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\ªè,¤♂p ┴.⌂
    Ü Invalid time stamp.una.podcastaddict\files\podcast\thumbnails\ªè,¤♂p ┴.⌂
    Ü…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

SD card corruption is the #1 issue on Android devices.
    What you see is the result of a corrupted SD card. Any app writing to a corrupted SD card will create corrupted files.
    The SD card hasn’t been corrupted by Podcast Addict, but because it’s corrupted, writing on the SD card and reading from it aren’t reliable anymore

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clean up the app.

Several bugs have been introduced into the app within the past few months and not fixed. I will be leaving for Stitcher. I hope for the sake of rest of user base that timely and useful updates are taken seriously by development team.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. This page is dedicated to new feature request. Use Settings/Feedback/Report a bug or this website ‘Contact support’ button to report an issue.

You’re talking about several bugs, but you’re not giving any detail. I’m not aware of a single bug at the moment. I can only solve an issue if I’m aware of it, so please report them giving some details.
    Podcast Addict has received weekly update for the past 3 years so development is active.
    But there’s no team, just me

Xavier

7. please include a white colour based theme.

all themes now are variations of dark tones. thanks for the excellent app and support !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sd card support in Lollipop

A new permission introduced in Android 5.0 for sd card write support should be used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s no need for additional permissions to use the SD card.
    The SD card can be used to store the downloaded episodes with every version of Android.
    In case of an issue please contact me with additional information using Settings/Feedback
    (This page is for New Feature request)

9. Add Podcast Addict as music app for endomondo app

Add Podcast Addict to serve as music application for sports application like endomondo.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bring back "delete read episodes" button.

There used to be a "delete read episodes" button on the downloaded episodes tab, but it's now gone when you have read episodes hidden. If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see it return.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Switch from audio to video podcast

I would like to be able to switch from the video to the audio and back version of a podcast.

E.g.

I have both TWIT audio and TWIT Video HD subscribed. When at home I watch the video version. In the morning on the way to work I would like to continue from where I left in the video with the audio version (not wasting battery playing a hd stream in my pocket)

Much in the way the Twit pro app in the play store allows to switch from audio to video and continues in the same position.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but that won’t be possible. Audio and video are coming from 2 different rss feeds. A dedicated app can do this easily but not a generic podcast manager. Subscribing to the same video feed on both device might be the solution but you will still play the video version on your smartphone, the difference being that you will maybe put the video in the background. In that case it’s just the cross device syncing feature which is missing and I’m working on it right now.

12. Podcast Addict won't pause via car Bluetooth

I can't get Podcast Addict to Pause via my car's Bluetooth. FF and Rewind work fine. The Pause/Play function works with other podcast players via Bluetooth so not sure why PA is not working. It's working with my Bluetooth headphones but just not with my car. Any idea why?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this screen to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the dedicated bug report form in Settings/Feedback instead.

Regarding the issue the app just reacts to message it’s receiving. It can fail if the BT receiver is sending ‘unknown’ controls or if another app is receiving, processing and not forwarding those controls in which case Podcats Addict won’t receive them

Xavier

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. eq

when the eq is on the sound is weird. a weird clicking sound

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this screen to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form instead.

Regarding the issue, the playback as well as the EQ is handled by the device built-in player.
    Podcast Addict just displays the device built-in EQ screen, but then everything is handled by the device app. There’s nothing I can do to change this behavior.
    Make sure you’re using the EQ while playing at 1.0x though

Xavier

15. How to stop podcasts from automatically repeating?

For some reason... podcasts repeat endlessly in a loop until I manually stop them. How do you turn this feature off?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request use Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form instead.

Regarding the issue it means that you enabled the player loop mode. Make sure to disable it and everything will work fine. (If the loop button isn’t displayed on the player screen you can go into Settings/Player/Controls to show the control and then disable it)

16. give us the option to download episodes with or without wifi and option to stream even without wifi

give us the option to download episodes with or without wifi and option to stream even without wifi

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having the possibility to have more than one playlist

I would like to be able to manage several playlists. For example, if I want to listen episodes of one podcast, I have to empty the playlist and to fill it with episodes. The other idea could be to request the listening of all episodes of one podcast without changing the content of the playlist

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bulk delete of Podcasts

You can bulk-add podcasts (search for it and use the check all button), but you cannot delete them. So you are screwed if you added by mistake a bunch of podcasts...

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An app for iPhone

iOS market is lacking the greatness of your app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extend 'skip upon failure' to include unable to even *start* streaming

Even though the setting Playlist->SkipUponFailure is set, if play of an episode cannot even begin because streaming is required but no network connection is available, this stops the playlist anyway (even with the setting). It seems that something about the current implementation of "failure" does not include this case. (Maybe "failure" only applies in the middle of a podcast but not to one that can't even be started ...maybe "failure" doesn't include anything related to 'streaming' ...maybe ???)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t create new feature request when I declined the previous one. Use the comment section instead.
    The skip upon failure setting will skip to the next valid episode in the playlist when an error occurs (no matter what the error is).
    If playback stops it means that there’s not other ‘valid episode’ to play after the current one in the playlist

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base