Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Loop 'Download Episodes' until completely done

Whenever the download manager finishes, check if anything at all was done and if the whole process was initially started by the user looking at "Playlist" and pressing [Menu] and selecting 'Download Episodes', and if so restart itself. Have download manager loop (re-checking playlist each time), and not stop until nothing at all was done in the previous iteration. Maybe more things have been added to the playlist - maybe there were some transient download failures - maybe there was a network connectivity problem - etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The playlist menu just downloads episodes from the playlist which are not downloaded. It won’t download future undownloaded episodes added to the playlist.
    This feature just adds episodes to the download queue, so they will remain in the queue until they are fully downloaded or until the podcast server returns an error. Network issue aren’t a problem. The download manager just waits until the connection is back up and then resumes download

2. Simply skip to next in playlist if cannot stream

If the playlist encounters an episode that's not downloaded, but streaming cannot be started (no cell service, Wi-Fi only but all Wi-Fi Filter out of range, Wi-Fi only but Wi-Fi turned off, server down, network failure, etc.), rather than stopping altogether, simply skip to the next episode in the playlist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clarify wording of "concurrent update #" setting and/or implement alternative.

Clarify wording of "concurrent update #" setting; is it 'podcasts' or 'episodes'? If it's 'podcasts', add a similar setting for 'episodes'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. auto-spelling correction in podcast adding is too francophone

When I search for podcasts I want to subscribe to, PA tries to correct my English. Usually it corrects it to something French. I cannot see any way of stopping this in the settings. I can prevent this with extra key strokes by affirming the correct spelling but this is really I find the biggest obstacle to adoption for non-French speakers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. suppression.

Bonjour. Impossible de supprimer les épisodes passés, lus ou non lus. Du coup la memoire de mon portable est constamment saturée. Il y a bien une poubelle mais impossible de m en servir. Dommage pour une application par ailleurs excellente. Help me please!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Seuls les épisodes téléchargés peuvent etre supprimés (manuellement ou automatiquement)
    Les articles des épisodes ne peuvent pas etre supprimés. Tu peux les marquer lus puis les cacher à l’aide du bouton ‘oeil’ dans la barre d’outils

6. "Delete read episodes" option for each podcast

I wanted to do a simple thing: deleting all read episodes from a podcast at once. I was surprised to find that I couldn't. There is no way to filter only the read episodes, nor there is a "delete read episodes" option for an specific podcast. After long searching, I found that there is a "delete read episodes" option in the "downloaded episodes" container, but not in a podcast.
    That's weird and inconsistent, because I can find all the other "downloaded episodes" options in the individual podcast's options (sometimes scattered between the podcast's long press menu and it's episodes list…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You cannot delete episode articles. You can just mark them as read and hide them using the toolbar ‘eye’ button. Only downloaded files can be deleted.
    If you don’t have the menu entry to delete an episode it means that it’s not downloaded.

7. Remove "Access precise location from location sources such as GPS cell towers"

the newest update "Version 2.26.1" added a new premission to "Access precise location from location sources such as GPS cell towers" I don't know why a podcast app would need this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s no such permission asked by the app. You can see on the Google Play Store what the required permission are.
    The app cannot ask for this permission if you got it from the Google Play Store.

The app only ask for the following:

Photos/Media/Files read the contents of your USB storage modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Wi-Fi connection information

view Wi-Fi connections

Other

run at startup pair with Bluetooth devices full network access send sticky broadcast control vibration prevent device from sleeping view network connections
  8. Add a secondary queue for any podcasts reviewed when you put a timer

I have a terrible habit of falling asleep when I put the timer on (love this feature). But ill often fall asleep before the timer is off. Often times I will not recall which podcast I was listening to or missed while asleep. If there was a queue for the automatic cleanout option that the episodes enter a "24 hour hold" queue before moving to the "read" episodes or somewhere to be deleted so I can go in this queue and readd to playlist. Another option of the same utility would be enabling us to sort the "read episodes" by…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your episodes are downloaded, then you can enable the Trash (Settings/Automatic cleaning/Trash)
    Every episode automatically deleted by the app will then be moved to the trash for a short period of time. After waking up you can then open the trash (navigation sidebar) to restore deleted episodes before they are definitely deleted by the app

9. 47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. FLAC playback support

I've got a library of FLAC audiobooks that would be great if I could play them with podcast addict.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. long press option to view episode description from playlist

From the playlist screen, I want to be able to long press an episode and then select "view episode description" from the options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resume long downloaded podcasts

Longer downloaded episodes (3 hours) don't resume from where they left off. Only when I'm streaming them they are able to resume. Downloaded episodes resume usually from 4th minute.
    Additional info: I am also unable to skip directly to the time i left off, when pressing the slider at 2:00:00, it play from 00:15:00, after pressing again from somewhere around 30 mins... 2nd hour is available after about 10 seconds.
    It seems to me that after hitting play it opens the downloaded file and starts to index it in background, then tries to skip to 2:00:00 while only 4 minutes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use instead the Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form.

Regarding the issue, the app always resume playback, no matter what the episode duration is.
    Playback is not handled by the app. It’s handled by the device built-in player. So when you resume playback the app sends the playback position to the device built-in player which fails to resume in this case and restart from the start. If the device player doesn’t fully support the file type/encoding this can happen and there’s nothing I can do about it. This is why you cannot seek for the position. This is the exact same issue.
    The only solution might be to play this podcast with a 3rd party player like MX Player or VLC which are using their own engine and might fully support this file encoding.

If you’re streaming…

13. Give a higher CPU priority to the player

For some the reason with my Galaxy S5, from time to time, when the screeen is off, the player skips.
    (not related to network problem or energy saving setting or software)
    In poweramp, there is a setting to avoid this kind of problem ysing ’wakelock’

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses a foreground service for the playback, which means it’s using a High priority.
    The app prevents the CPU from sleeping by holding the mediaplayer service wakelock.

The only way the player can skip is if there’s an encoding problem in the file or a network issue or a battery saver setting/app which changes the app priority.

14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can stop the episode currently playing from any screen (player bar at the bottom of the screen). You can add/remove an episode to/from the playlist from the episode screen (button at the bottom right corner of the screen)
    Feel free to add more information if this is not what you’re asking

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Poder ordenar la Playlist

Cuando tengo varios episodios en la playlist, solo tengo posiblidad de subir o bajar uno de ellos hasta el principio o hasta el final. Creo que seria de mucha utilidad el poder subir o bajar un episodio un solo nivel en vez de tener que llevarlo al pricipio o al final.
    Gracias.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Por que cuando acaba un episodio en la playlist, no comienza el siguiente automaticamente.

Por que cuando acaba un episodio en la playlist, no comienza el siguiente automaticamente. A mi se me para y tengo que darle al play de nuevo, cuando lo logico es que al acabar un episodio, pasara al siguiente y asi sucesivamente.
    Gracias por escucharme.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add more car friendly features.

I would suggest adding bigger controls on the widget and controls for forward and rewind on the slide down menu interface. Basically, check out beyondpods interface and copy a few things they do that make it great to use while driving.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. sleep time settings

Enable to set a sleep time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, is there a way I can get the app to play all unread podcasts from oldest to newest?

Hi, is there a way I can get the app to play all unread podcasts from oldest to newest?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please don’t use this section to ask a question. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the Settings/Feedback contact information in order to contact me.

Regarding your question you just need to long press on the podcast and select add to the playlist, then you can change the playlist sorting to get them in the order of your choice.

Xavier

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base