Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. kitkat sd stockage

Je ne comprends pas comment faire pour stocker sur la carte sd dans quel menu je dois aller merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de n’utiliser cette section que pour suggérer/voter pour de nouvelles fonctions.
    Tu peux me contacter directement depuis Paramètres/Feedback

Pour changer de répertoire de stockage il faut aller dans Paramètres/téléchargement/Répertoire de stockage et sélectionner le répertoire de l’app sur la carte SD
    Tu trouveras plus de détail dans les FAQs ou dans l’aide de l’app

Xavier

2. Be able to favourite episodes from podcasts we might not want to be subscribed to

Sometimes I wish to favourite particular episodes of certain podcasts so that I can give them a listen later for some reason or another, but at the same time do not want to subscribe to that podcast anymore.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Orderly download limited number of unread episodes per podcast

Sorry if this has been posted, couldn't find exactly this idea.

My use case is that I want to steadily listen to all my subscriptions, in publication order. Downloading and queuing on automatic refresh does this nicely.

The problem is the necessary free space needed. If I fall somewhat behind for a few days, my storage gets filled up pretty quickly.

I see two possible ways of going about this (and I can't add storage ;-).

1) Globally download and store up to X GB of unread podcasts (and from all unread, in publication order)
    2) Download at most X…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like this can be managed by the new Archive mode.
    Set app Settings/Automatic cleanup/Keep at most for 5 episodes for example (globally or per podcast), then enable the archive mode (globally or per podcast). The app will download up to 5 episodes and keep this number until you finally managed to liste to all your episodes.
    Please let me know if this doesn’t answer your use case.

Thanks

4. Autodownload Next Episode in Order

When going through a podcast archive, I like to listen to oldest first. I'd like if, during the morning sync, I had some way to tell it to download the oldest unlistened to episode, even if its not new.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Télécherger un épisode en double cliquant dessus

Pourrais ton lancer le DL d'un épisode par double clic dessus ?
    Je télécharge pas mal d’épisodes et je dois faire un clic long sur chaque épisode que je désire pour lance le téléchargement, c'est long !
    Merci

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cette action ne fait pas partie des ‘gestures’ Android. Il te faut soit passer par le laisser appuyé, soit passer en mode sélection, puis sélectionner tous les épisodes et enfin choisir l’action Télécharger. Enfin tu peux aussi ouvrir la description de l’épisode, appuyer sur télécharger puis swiper gauche/droite pour changer d’épisode, appuyer sur télécharger, …

Xavier

6. Modify FAQ "No more SD card Storage since Android KitKat"

Changing directories is not intuitive. I actually figured out how to do it by accident. Saying something about pressing the "back" button would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Episode-Specific Picture from RSS feed is replaced by the default picture for the podcast only after the episode is downloaded.

This is a bug report.

When I add a podcast via RSS, all the backlog of episodes have their own picture.

When I download an episode, that episode gets the generic picture for the podcast, rather than retaining the episode specific picture.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report a bug. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the dedicated form instead (settings/feedback/report a bug)

Regarding the issue, the app is just extracting the embedded artwork of the episode file. It means that the podcast owner added the podcast artwork rather than the episode one within the file.
    Feel free to contact the owner so he can change this.

Thanks

8. Xavier, please make a radio app. We're stuck with the crappy ones that already exist

A radio app as intuitive, simple and functional as PA doesn't exist. Tunein has become a Rube Goldberg machine unable to manage its favorites. Radio.fr is fine but lack functionalities and the UI is outdated
    A PA-like radio app would be at least equally successful I think.

L'usine à gaz qu'est devenu Tunein et l'absence d'une vrai concurrence me fait panser qu'une app radio à la PA serait une parfaite alternative.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow trashing an episode immediately

There doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of one that isn't finished. I see it on the screen, and I know I don't want to listen to it. Maybe I've heard it before somewhere else. Maybe I've heard five minutes and I know that I don't want to hear anymore. I don't want to wait until the end. I don't wan to skip to the end. I want it trashed. There are buttons all over the place, but no way to make something go away immediately. There's a player menu, a speed button, a sleep timer button,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re not pressing on the correct button. You need to long press on the previous/next track buttons, not on the fast rewind/forward button.
    You’re right it won’t be possible when the episode is the last one in the playlist, but if you have more than this episode in the playlist it will work fine

10. Should be able to bulk move items to top or bottom in playlist

One can only move one item in the play list to the top or bottom in manual playlist ordering. It would be great if I can select multiple play list items and be able to move all the selected episodes to top or bottom in a single operation and the selected items get moved either to top or bottom from their current position and retain their current order relative to each other at the top or bottom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include an outdated/late/old episodes download mode

We should be able to AUTOMATICALY download late/belated episodes in a chosen feed.

As soon as we can subscribe to an youtube chanel (like http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxj9UAX4Em-Lz5btngxMVZxf_B44GETVz) or a podcast that has been discontinued, should be a great resource, if besides being able to download any new episodes, we could have an option to download any older episodes (respecting the configured order).

This could improve the use of the app to consume learning materials from youtube, as well as permits that soneone (like me) can review and revive all the podcast history.

141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like what you're asking for is already available in the app.

Please enable the following settings:

- Settings/Download/Automatic download

- Settings/Download/Archive mode

- Settings/Download/Download older first

- Settings/Automatic cleanup/Keep at most => 2 ?

The app will then download the oldest 2 unplayed episodes for each podcasts. Then as soon as you/re done listening to one if this episode the app will delete it and download another unplayed episode.

If you only want this behavior for specific podcsts, enable this per podcast instead of globally.

If I misunderstood the feature request, please send me an email so I can gather more information (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

12. tighten up Chromecast playback

Playlist does not advance to next track while connected to Chromecast. I think it would be cool if it did. Others reccomended transport buttons etc. I agree.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Please use the dedicated bug report form instead in case of an issue (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue:
    When you set the playback speed at 1.0x, speed control is disabled.
    I don’t understand what the problem is.
    Can you please give more detail ?

Thanks

14. Move the main menu the right upper corner -> easier large phone navigation

Currently the main menu is on the high left side corner. This makes it hard to reach on large phones with one hand. By moving this to the right it will be far easier. At least for right handed people.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you talking about opening the navigation sidebar ?
    If so the default place in Android is on the left side of the screen.
    You don’t have to press on the app toolbar icon to open it. You can drag the sidebar from the left side of the screen

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the dedicated form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug or press the Contact support button on this page)

Regarding the issue, this is yet another Lollipop issue. The device built-in player isn’t reliable anymore since Lollipop. There’s also the memory leak issue which kills apps too frequently.
    Until those fixes are released try rebooting the device once a day to limit those issues

16. Enable variable speed playback on android 4.0+

You described here http://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/5299297 that the android API did not allow this feature.

I have observed that some media players (like VLC) as well as other podcast players (like BeyondPod Podcast Manager [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod]) have this feature working even on my Android 4.0 device.

Can you please at least bring this feature to android 4.0?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As explained in the other suggestion Podcast Addict uses a specific Android API which doesn’t exist in previous version.
    Other app might use a software solution, but Podcast Addict will keep using current solution which uses an API to access hardware

17. create accounts to carry subscriptions over to new phone

I just got a new phone and am faced with finding all my podcasts manually. Am I missing something?

PS - Keep up the good work, Xavier!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please take a look at the app FAQ (Settings/FAQs)
    You can export your subscriptions or the whole data using Settings/Backup and restore them on the new device.
    I’m already working on a cloud backup/ cross device syncing. Please vote for the existing feature request

Thanks

18. BUG: Podcast Addict still tracks user when "Enable statistics" is disabled

Despite "Enable statistics" being disabled, Podcast Addict still does unique user tracking on startup and still uploads complete podcast subscription list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. This is dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the ‘Settings/feedback/Report a bug’ form instead.

When you disable the statistics, the app disable data sent to Google Analytics.

The app stores anonymous subscriptions on its server in order to handle the Top podcast list and podcast recommendation as explained in the app privacy policy.
    There’s no tracking what so ever

19. Skips

Bug. Since yesterday the player skips through episodes in 8 minute, serial e07 plays in about 3 seconds

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the Settings/Feedback/Report a bug form or press the Contact support button on this page.

Please give more information about the issue. Are you streaming or playing a downloaded episode.
    What does that mean ‘player skips through episodes in 8 minute, serial e07 plays in about 3 seconds’

The playback is handled by the device built-in player. If you got a playback issue on every podcast, please try rebooting the device, it means that Android mediaplayer service is in an ‘invalid state’

Thanks

20. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?