Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. Handlemediaevent wakelock bug ?

Every time, I use my headphones play/pause button, a wakelock called handlemediaevent start. It never stops unless I restart my phone. It kills my battery.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an Android wakelock which starts as soon as you press on the headset control button. Only android can release it because it’s the owner of the wakelock.
    The only solution is to stop using the headset button and/or to wait for a ROM fix…
    It only happens on a few device/ROM including CM ROM

2. Impliment a clear file naming system.

I love to have all episodes of a podcast downloaded and backed up to my computer for later use. So I was slightly annoyed to find the file name of episodes unrecognisable when I transfered them to my computer. Would it be possible to have a clearer naming system that uses the episode name? Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. automatically re-discover previously downloaded episodes left on storage.

I have been switching ROMs around till I found one I was most comfortable with, and couldn't keep re-downloading my podcasts to listen to on the go when I tried a different ROM every day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already start the app on the screen of your choice.
    You need to replace the app launcher icon with a shortcut widget. Please follow the FAQ instructions to do so (Settings/FAQs)
    I will soon improve those shortcut widget

5. Botón de salida

Hola, me gustaría un botón para salir de la aplicación, ya que cuando elijo pausa, para seguir escuchando en otro momento, la aplicación queda con el icono de pausa en mi barra de notificaciones.
    Gracias

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s against Android best practice to have an exit button. The notification stays in because you just paused the playback. If you stop it the notification will be removed. You just have to press the notification ‘X’ button to stop the player

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to feature requests. Use this page Contact support instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, please provide some information because I have no idea what you’re talking about ;)

7. First of all awesome app.

I Would Like To see an option to play all episodes of one podcast without adding to play list manually, which u have to add one at a time or is there an option for it and I am missing it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t have to add episodes one by one.
    You can switch to select mode and select which episodes to send to the playlist and then send them all at once. Or you can also long press onthe podcast and select “Add unread episodes to the playlist” which will add them all at once

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. please add a new option to hide podcast files from other music player apps.

I'm annoyed by finding podcasts playing when I shuffle my music in my regular music app. It'd be great to have an option to hide these files from other players. This can be done by putting .nomedia files in each directory where the podcast files reside.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app doesn’t share anything by default.
    You need to make sure the other app doesn’t browse Podcats Addict download folder.
    Also make sure you didn’t enable Settings/Share with other app, but if your music app doesn’t handle this standard Android flag there’s nothing I can do

10. bug: download max. episodes not respected

I set 5 episodes max globally and also tried to set in the specified podcasts. But 2 of my video podcasts keep downloading new episodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use this page contact support button instead.

Regarding the issue my guess is that you’re talking about settings/download/download limit which purpose isn’t to select how many downloaded episodes to keep.
    You need to go into settings/automatic cleanup and change the ‘keep at most’ setting

11. Manually enqueue episodes to download during the next automatic update.

It would be nice to manually enqueue episodes to download during the next automatic update. My Podcast Addict is set to synchronize and download episodes every 24 hours and using Wi-Fi. During the day I listen to my previously downloaded episodes, and I have time do decide what else I want to listen further, but I must wait until I come back to my house to download more episodes. This is a problem because, at the end of the day, I'm too tired to think about this and just want to sleep. =(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Why do you wait to be home to download the other episodes. You download them as soon as you want. By default the app doesn’t download over data so it will wait until you’re home connected to a WiFi network to start the real download. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

12. http://www.br-online.de/podcast/eins-zu-eins-der-talk/cast.xml - Playing episodes doesn't work

Episodes download, but when played there only is a delay followed by a grey screen. (On a SGS+.) I've been experiencing this for a while, also after resetting the phone and reinstalling apps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use this page contact support button to open an issue instead. It looks like your device doesn’t support those files. You may want to try mcmx player or vlc which are not using the device built-in player

13. not save manually added RSS streams to your search database.

I was running my own podcast (available to the Internet, but not published anywhere) and noticed random people connecting to it. Then i realized that my podcast was showing up in the search results..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the page contact support button instead.

Regarding the issue, please let me know what the feed is so I can remove it from the search engine.
    Thanks

14. change the lock screen buttons to fast forward/rewind a few seconds, instead of track control.

I never use the foreword/back buttons on the lock screen to change podcasts/tracks, but I would definitely use them to jump back or ahead 20-30 seconds, like the controls do on the player screen when unlocked.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How do you refresh podcast icons?

I restored all my apps to a new phone, including podcast addict. After restoring, all my podcast icons reverted to the default icon. How do I refresh them?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use this page Contact support instead to report an issue.

Regarding your issue, it looks like you didn’t select a valid storage location hater restoring the app data on the new phone.
    You can solve this by changing the location in Settings/Download/Storage location

16. https

sometime only https can access to some source like bbc in china. pls add a check box for 'using https' for podcast property.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There's no need to keep the Update service running in BG if I disabled the auto Upd and auto Download

Title says it all. I keep seeing this Podcast Addict Update Service running, but I update/download my podcasts manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. skipping episodes

This appears to be a bug in the newer version (say released around early September is when I first noticed this) that when the playing podcast finishes, it sometimes, not always, skips the next episode and goes to one following. I typically play at 1.5-1.7x if that might somehow be contributing to the problem. If I manually bring up the playlist I can click on the skipped episode and it plays perfectly. I have about 150 episodes in my playlist and I'm playing near the end of the list (so at say item 130).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Please use this page Contact support button instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, it can only skip an episode because of the following:
    - next episode isn’t downloaded and you dont’ have a valid connection so the app will skip until it finds a downloaded episode
    - there’s a playback error and you enabled skip upon failure so the app will proceed with the next episode
    - you enabled player shuffle mode

19. Problem with playback of 8-4 Play

Can not ship forward or backward, Abu strep to do so will cause the player to freeze or crash, then give the error "internal player: server error". Note, I'm not streaming, so I have no idea where the server error is coming from. It works for any other podcast.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Please use this page Contact support button instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue it looks like your device doesn’t support this file format or the server you’re streaming from doesn’t support modifying the playback position.
    You will have to download this podcast first in order to avoid this issue

20. Display folder structure for local audio files

I have many audiobook folders under my 'audio' folder, each containing filenames like 01-AudioTrack 01.mp3.

The problem is that Podcast Addict collapses them all into one long list making it impossible to play the files from a single audiobook.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you create a virtual podcast, and select a main folder containing difefrent audiobooks in their own sub folders, the app automatically asks you if you want to create a unique podcast in the app or one for each subfolder.

This feature was temporarily disabled for the past few months as Google restricted app access to the files, but I just found a workaround and this feature is back in the upcoming v2020.5 version

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base