Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Add option to keep it from running continuously when not in use

This app runs continuously no matter how many times a user "force stops" it in the Apps menu in Settings. For those of us who do not need/want automatic updates/notifications, that is unacceptable.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you’re done listening to an episode you can press on the player notification ‘x’ button to close the player. After that there’s no more code running
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

2. Pause/play button on Bluetooth headset doesn't work if podcastaddict not on foreground (some other app is on main screen).

Now if podcastaddict works in background it doesn't react on Bluetooth headset buttons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions. Use this Website Contact support button instead.

Regarding the issue, the app will react to the headset controls until another app asks to handle them.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. see the estimated resting time duting the download of the new episode

It would be nice to see the advancing of the download. When we are in free wifi with the
    little download rate

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. problems

I subscribed to a podcast and another podcast ' s episodes show up when i click on the icon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions.
    Use this website Contact Support button instead.

Regarding this issue, it has been solved in the latest version (v2.20) which is currently rolling out.
    An easy fix is to exit the app, and then you won’t have that issue anymore. It only happen when you subscribe to a podcast you did unsubscribe from in the past

6. Playlist -> Stop function(long press pause) not work

It works from player, but from playlist it is broken.
    When you pause and then want to stop complitly it will show info that it stops, but just after that moment it will play podcast. So it is to correct only on playlist.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

please don’t use this section to report issues because it’s dedicated tonew feature suggestions. Please use this page Contact support instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue it has been fixed a couple of version ago. Can you please make sure that you got the latest version available in the play store.
    Please let me know which version you’re using

Thanks

7. Follow Soundcloud

I would love to use Podcast addict to follow & download soundcloud when possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. dont like new interface

I don't like the update. I used to be able to clearly see the dates of my podcasts. Now the dates are cutoff. Please fix

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. status bar progress bar turned square

Bug the status bar player now shows a square that spans 3 lines, instead of a straight progress line.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to suggest new features. Use this website Contact support button instead to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, please provide more information like the app version, your device information (hardware and android version) as well as a screenshot so I can understand which progressbar you’re talking about and what the issue is

Thanks

10. Cleaning up specific podcasts

Instead of clearing all the podcast after a certain period of time I'd like to clear just some of them regularly. Clearing could be set for one subscription at a time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable ability to store to an external sd memory card.

The ability to download podcasts and store straight to an external micro sd would be optimal and I would switch to this app due to the better UI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make possible multiple devices sync

I have two Android devices and I'd like that, when I listen to an episode on one of them, on both I can see changes in read/unread status and the possibility to interrupt the listening on one device and to continue on the other from the same point I left. Also, it would be great if we have the possibility to sync playlists and download list.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better restore option please

I had to switch phones and had trouble moving my profile over. I could make an opml file quite easily. Whether it was on the nexus or on dropbox. However to read the opml file on the new nexus was impossible with the tools provided. Here is what I had to do:
    1) Notice where the opml files were being stored.
    2) Store the old opml file on dropbox.
    3) Hook the new phone into my laptop and drag the opml file from dropbox to where podcast addict expected to find the file in point 1.

We should not have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The first 2 steps are not necessary because once the backup is done you just have to press the share button to export the file to Dropbox. You can also share through yourself through mail then open this email on your new device. But you can also open the Dropbox app on your new device and press on the opml backup to restore it. No need to copy files from a computer

14. Download podcasts with music

When downloading new podcasts the user should be able to choose if the downloaded episode should contain music or nor.
    Looking at the v2 API for Sveriges Radio (Swedish public radio) there is an option to download/listen to the episode with music and no music.

Currently PA only takes the one with no music.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug - When listening to long podcasts (over 1 hour 30 minutes), freeze then switch to another podcast.

When listening to long podcasts (over 1 hour 30 minutes), a podcast will stop (not by user), then switch over to another podcast that was previously listen to but not finished. When trying to go back to the podcast that was stopped it will reset the current position to the beginning of the podcast. If you need help in diagnosing this please let me know if there are any debug logs I can configure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestion. Use this website contact support button instead to report issues.

Regarding the issue, the app will only skip to the next episode when the previous one is finished or in case of an error if you enabled Skip Upon Error in Settings/Playlist.
    But in this case because the progress has been reset it looks like the episode has been fully listened to. Maybe the file was corrupted

16. Sorry

Sorry. The previous record is not accurate. File is not downloaded completely. Only 200 bytes of 10 megabytes. All files that are not playable, not downloaded completely.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. http://savepic.net/6041330.png

Many podcasts are not playing. External player plays, but if you run it from the app, it does not play.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions.
    Use the website contact support instead.

The app uses the device built-in player to play the files. In this case your device player is failing to play the file, that’s why the error message is inviting you to use 3rd party players. To my knowledge MX Player and VLC are not using the device build-in player so they might play this file successfully.
    Your device doesn’t support it. Or maybe your device mediaplayer service did crash in which case you will need to reboot the device to solve this issue

Xavier

18. Fix the app so podcasts that are playing don't pause automatically.

Every once in a while the podcast just pauses for no reason or it switches to a totally different podcast. That ain't cool

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues as it’s dedicated to new features suggestion.
    Use this website Contact support button instead in order to create a ticket.

Regarding the issue the app will only skip on the next episode if you enabled Skip on failure in settings/playlist or if the app receives a next track command (it’s listening to remote controls by default)
    Player will stop in case of a network issue when streaming or if android kills the app to free more resources for a foreground app. Also make sure you’re using battery saver settings or app on your device

19. bluetooth connection

bluetooth connection doesnt work good with galaxy s4. the connection with my car is stopped every 40/60 seconds. the volume go down....and after (few seconds) comeback. I have your last version but the problem is born 7/8 months ago (so this problem was evident into other version too)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestion. Use this Web site Contact Support instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, the app doesn’t handle the sound output. If you don’t have the same issue with a wired headset or the device speaker, then this isn’t an app issue. Furthermore, the app doesn’t handle the volume, so it cannot be an app issue

20. Covers issues

Hi,

I noticed that some of my feeds can't reach their géneral covers (AnyGivenFilms, and the new Les Clairvoyants one, for the one I remember)

I noticed that Les Clairvoyants suffered from another issue : its cover changed at one point, probably with the same url link, and the app was stuck with the old one.

The only way to update the cover was to cancel its subscription, clear thumbnail cache, and re-subscribe.

Maybe you should launch a cover check, let's say once a week, on a regular update check. Not based on URLs, but rather based on image's hash.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de ne pas utiliser cette section pour remonter des bugs. Elle est dédié aux suggestions de nouvelles fonctions.
    Pour remonter un bug il suffit d’appuyer sur le bouton ‘Contact support’ du site.

Le comportement observé est normal. Une fois l’abonnement réalisé, l’app ne met plus a jour les infos du podcast. En revanche il te suffit de laisser appuyé sur le podcast puis d’aller sur ‘Description podcast’ et là tu pourras rafraichir les infos et obtenir ainsi la dernière illustration.

Si l’app ne fourni aucune illustration tu peux toujours spécifié un fichier local ou une url de ton choix dans les paramètres personnalisés du podcast.
    Il n’ya aucune concaténation de chaine et je n’affiche que le champ description Par conséquent le “null” doit provenir du flux RSS. Peux tu me donner des exemples de liens vers les flux RSS histoire que je fasse un test ?

Merci

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base