General

1. Override new episodes notification

This would allow to allow/disable new episodes notification on a podcast basis, ie. enable them for some podcasts and disable for others

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select Chapters to play

Before playing an episode (or multiple episodes within a playlist), I'd like to be able to select which chapters within an episode to play (and which to skip). When wanting to skip selected chapters, I have to jump to the next chapter mark during playback in the moment, when a new chapter (I'd like to skip) begins. But in that moment I might have no hand free to do so. So I'd like a feature, that allows me to select the chapters to play (or the ones to skip) in beforehand. This could be implemented with checkboxes in the chapter…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with Waze

Waze has this new feature - an audio kit that allows 3rd party apps to play audio in the Waze app (see https://www.waze.com/audioplayer). Several large players (Spotify, Deezer) have already done this integration.

As most of my listening is done on the road it would be a great improvement. I also saw that other users had issues with the current situation.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set a priority level only above which you get new episode notifications.

I only want to have new episode notifications for a select few of the many podcasts I have added. At the moment, it looks like I'd have to specifically disable "Keep updated" on each of the many podcasts I don't want them for, which would take forever and isn't quite what I want anyway.

I'd like to instead be able to set it to, for example, only give new episode notifications for podcasts with a priority of greater than 10.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto add virtual Podcast

Have an option to select a directory where every folder in it would automatically be set up as a virtual podcast.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

New beta now works differently. When you select a folder containing sub folders, the app asks you if you want to create a single podcast or as many podcasts as there are subfolders.
    If you select the later, adding a new subfolder in your device memory later will not automatically create a new virtual podcast in the app

6. Add speed controls to Android Auto

Add the options to change playback speed on Android Auto on the right slide/swipe screen

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Download Manager

Add a download manager to follow the download progress.
    Allow parallel downloads, pause/resume, reordering, ...

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The next version will allow to reorder downloads and to pause/resume them.
    A first beta will be soon available

Concurrent downloads will be added in a future release

Since v3.27 the download manager as been improved and now displays an ‘error’ tab that will allow you to see a list of the past download failures, allowing you to retry the downloads without having to remember the episodes that failed to download in the first place

8. Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

5,092 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    302 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just a heads up regarding the latest version of the app. It doesn’t provide cross device syncing yet, but it allows you to sign in to your Google Drive account and have all your data automatically backed up to make sure they are safe at all time. It also makes restoring the data on a new device really easy.
    You can go into Settings/Backup to enable this and sign-in
    Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base