Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. Import has bug

When I click on +, then choose Import I am shown my Device Podcasts folder, which contains mp3 files I imported manually myself. However, only two other folders show up -- no files. The files have .mp3 extensions. If I start ES File Explorer, I can see the files in that folder, and if I click one and choose that I want to launch it with PA, it plays just fine. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a way to play podcasts that have been manually imported as mp3 files

Outside of PA, I generate my own mp3 files that are an edited version of a radio stream. I then upload those mp3 files to my phone and want to play them via PA. There seems to be no way to play a newly uploaded file of this type if PA is started directly. If I launch a file manager (e.g., ES), I can select an mp3, select PA as the player, and it will launch PA and play the file just fine. It would be nice if this could happen from within PA.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can play external files in the app either by opening then from a file explorer app or by using the Virtual podcast feature which allows you to select a folder so its content can be used as episodes in the app
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

3. Virtual podcast instructions

As I understand it, you can play external files in the app by using the Virtual podcast feature which allows you to select a folder so its content can be used as episodes in the app. I have a folder with multiple mp3s, all individual episodes from the same show. When I click on +, then select Virtual, the folder with the mp3s shows up, but there are no files/episodes listed. How do I play one of the mp3s directly from the app using the Virtual feature?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is normal. You’re selecting a folder, not a standalone file.
    Once the folder is selected the app will create a new podcast and every media file available in the selected folder will be available as an episode.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

4. Skip and delete through Android auto

I use the long press fwd to delete and skip to the next Podcast a lot. Would love to have the same option via Android Auto as I spend most of my listening time while driving.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Elegir carpeta donde hacer copia seguridad

Elegir carpeta donde hacer copia seguridad completa y la copia automática de suscripciones.
    NO DEJA ELEGIR LA CARPETA DESTINO DE LA COPIA

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notes field for podcasts to add thoughts while listening (not bookmarks)

Could we have a Notes field for the podcasts? I saw that in another comment the user wanted the notes field for bookmarks and that's what you pointed out.

But I don't want it for bookmarks but sometimes while listening there's a key thought or website or persons name which is mentioned and I'd like to note these down so I can look them up later.

Of course, I can still do that in something like google keep but then the relation with which podcast this was related to is lost.

Thoughts? Can we do this? Just a plain test…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make play next actually play next episode

App considers 'next episode' to be one down in the list of episodes, while episodes are listed in reverse order. At least this is what I experience with "The ONE thing" podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app plays the content of your playlist. Therefore pressing next episode will play the next one based on the content and order of your playlist. You can manage both the playlist content and order any way you want to. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

8. Tema Claro

Tema de cor branca.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sleep timer and end of episode

I suggest that once the episode ends while sleep timer is on, the episode wouldnt show as if you need to hear it from the beginning again. It should keep the info of the minute and second you started the sleep timer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Revert to offering multiple virtual podcasts for subfolders

Until recently, when creating a virtual podcast, if the folder selected contained no files but only subfolders, the option would be offered to create a separate virtual podcast for each folder. Now that option seems to be gone, and it just dumps everything in all the subfolders into one virtual podcast. Could this option be reinstated, please?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Detect duplicates(rebroadcast) and marked them played

I would Really appreciate a function that searches for duplicate episodes within a podcast. Several of the podcast I'm subscribed too rebroadcast episodes without indicating it, using exactly the same title. I waste time listening to it a few minutes until realizing it is a duplicate from a month or year ago. If there is already a solution for this please let me know.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry but unless the podcast author uses some specific keywords there’s no way to know if an episode is a rebroadcast or not
    If they do use a keyword like ‘rebroadcast’ then you can use the podcast custom settings screen to set a filter and exclude episodes with this keyword

12. Back button while on player page should go to episode list, not home screen

When you're listening to a podcast, and you pull up the player by tapping the icon or the widget, it seems natural to want to go back to the episode list by pressing the back button. Instead, the back button returns you to the home screen. Would be good if it brought you back to the episode list, and a further back brought you to the podcast home

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Pressing on the back button always returns to the previous screen, even when the current screen is the player.
    However, once you reach the app opening screen, then pressing one more will leave the app.
    If you open the app from the player notification/widget, the player screen IS the opening screen, so pressing on the back button from that screenwill leave the app.
    Instead open the app using the app launcher icon or navigate through the device recent apps

13. Add notification tray support for Android 10

Since upgrading to Android 10, I have lost access in the notification tray, so I need to go into the app itself to pause/fast forward.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re referring to the app notifications, it looks like they have been disabled. Please go into the device Settings/Notifications/Applications/Podcast Addict screen to restore them
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

14. Podcast search improvement

When searching for a podcast, it would help if the entire string were taken into account.

If I'm searching for "Commonwealth Club of California", that's all I want to see. Not every podcast with "Commonwealth", "club", or "California" in the name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a setting where each user can change the date format displayed next to the episodes

Different countries have different date format conventions. I'd like to suggest a setting where the user can change the date format displayed next to each episode to match the date format that user is most comfortable seeing. For example, some countries use MM/DD/YYYY while others use DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move a button - play buttons further from ads

I switched to the samsung10e (so this might be phone specific) and the play button on the latest version is so close to the ads that I accidentally hit them all the time. Please move them back up the page (at least for the full art for the podcast player page). They used to be in the center of the screen which - yes is uglier - but is functionally so much better for avoiding ads.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the settings menu less confusing

I dread anytime I have an idea where I want to change a setting and having to hunt for it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "clear unregistered and unavailable networks" from network settings

In network settings my list of unregistered networks goes on forever (Networks I saw months ago for example are included). So when I need to add a new network I have to scroll through 100 irrelevant ones. Frankly as an alternative "visible" or "new" networks could be in their own or a separate list. Or "currently connected network" could just be right at the top. Cheers. Love the app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove the custom playlist

Isn't every playlist a custom playlist? Why can't I disable "custom playlist"?

It randomly populates a list and then plays off of that list even if I'm playing an episode I intentionally put in the playlist I actually want.
    Honestly the custom playlist seems like a result of over thinking and its incredibly annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please take a look at the FAQ to see how the custom playlist works (Settings/FAQs)
    You will then see that there’s nothing random with this tab content
    If you don’t want to use it you can disable the continuous playback mode from the app Settings/Playlist screen

Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base