Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. Add an episode long-press option for "download next episode and queue after this"

A pattern I very frequently encounter is being on the playlist and wanting to download the next episode of a show and insert it on the playlist immediately after the current episode. This requires me to remember what episode I'm on, go back to the podcast show list, open the show, scroll down to the new episode, download it, add it to the playlist, and then drag it up to where I want it. Instead, I'd like to just have a single "download next episode and queue after this" option that I can execute from the playlist.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Revise Player view to work better in split screen

Player view doesn't work well in split screen

Could the resizing (in the car mode Player) be adapted to make the controls more accessible, even when resized for split screens.

In landscape (split screen with phone in portrait - as it is in most car mounts), the album art is so large that the once-giant buttons are very difficult to see and access.

In portrait (split screen with phone in landscape - which is much less common), the controls are much better, but the album art is tiny.

(Screenshots of full screen mode, plus split screen (on Oreo) in both…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. have a condensed player for when the app is in split screen

When on long car rides, I like to put Podcast Addict in split screen on my Nexus 5x with my navigation app, but the app doesn't get very small; it usually takes up about 40% of the screen. It would be great if I could make the app about 1/8 of the screen height showing just play/pause, ff, rew buttons (and maybe cover art if there's room) so that the majority of the screen is the navigation app. (This is the case even if the donation is purchased.)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to make it possible to change filename in the disc directly from the app

Make it possible to change the filename directly from the app. Now the name in the app are those given by the seeder and file names in the hdd aren't always the same. It would be nice if we can change file names in the hdd in order to store them correctly. Thanks

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to customize default file names using predefined patterns. A 1st beta will soon be availble. Make sure to join the Beta on the Play Store app page to test this and provide some feedback.

This will of course apply to new downloaded episodes only.

You will have to go to Settings/Download and press on 'Use Custom filenames' to change the default behavior

5. Mark above as played

Instead of having the option to mark older episodes as played, could you make it more generic by allowing marking above episodes as played, or something similar. I use podcast addict to listen to audio books and sometimes the first chapter in a book is the newest, which means the mark older episodes as played doesn't work. If the button where based on the current sorting (new->old or old->new) it would work in most situations.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bookmark Export - include an URL for each bookmark

Currently the file only contains the episode URL. It would be helpful to include an URL for each bookmark, so that when clicking it will start playing on the bookmark ("Position" field) instead of the beginning of the episode.

It could be similar to what Youtube does by appending e.g. "t=137" parameter in the query string of the URL.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That's a good idea. The app will provide 2 urls for every bookmark. A first url based on the episode url with a new parameter to pass the position, but depending on the source that might not work. The app will also pass Podcast Addict episode url with the playback position in which case it should always work fine

7. let us filter the "All Episodes" view by category.

This would be great for reading things like comics, where you want all new comics across all of the subscriptions, but don't want to see the various other podcasts.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to select if you want to filter episodes list screen by podcast (like it is right now) or by category. If you select the later, then you can easily select the episodes for a specific category to apply an action like download, mark played, add to playlist, …

8. Add settings for Chromecast

Right now playback for Chromecast forces app to go full screen and only allows increments of 30 seconds for rewind/fast forward. It would be nice to have the same settings for the normal player ported over. I understand Google may be responsible for some playback settings, but can we at least toss the full screen.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a "Keep at most" override notification

Please add an override or change limit message when attempting to manually download a number of episodes that when combined with what has already been downloaded will exceed the "keep at most" limit if it's not already set to unlimited. I think this is why I keept experiencing stage behavior when trying to download a lot of episodes and forgot to charge that limit. It seems like it's downloading all of them then marking all but the most recent (insert limit) episodes as played add deleting the downloads.

Thanks for providing the best podcast player and scraper for Android!

James

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Ideally it should be customizable; sometimes I can't check for new episodes every week, so it would be nice to be able to check for new episodes once a month and be able to see ALL of them, not just those created within the last week

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put a space between the "play" and "play season" buttons so I do not accidentally add 20 episodes to my playlist and have to delete them all

Please see above, app is great but my fingers are big and sometimes I press the wrong button by mistake, please reorder the buttons.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. clear filename of the episode mp3 file.

For those interested to use the mp3 file, I suggest to name the file of the episode as the title of the RSS file. ( <item> <title> <title> ) and not to use the end of the url to name the file.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to customize default file names using predefined patterns. A 1st beta will soon be availble. Make sure to join the Beta on the Play Store app page to test this and provide some feedback.

This will of course apply to new downloaded episodes only.

You will have to go to Settings/Download and press on 'Use Custom filenames' to change the default behavior

13. use PodcastAddict as a music player

I use PA to play my MP3 musics by creating a virtual podcast to a folder on my SD card that contains all my favorite musics.
    It just lacks the possibility of resetting the playback of the songs if you leave the song and the possibility of downloading the image of the original CD cover.
    It would be great to give up any other player to play my music

J'utilise PA pour lire mes musiques MP3 en créant un podcast virtuel vers un dossier de ma carte SD qui contient toutes mes musiques favorites.

Il manque juste la possibilité de…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea. Next version of the app will show a small setting screen when creating a virtual podcast. It will allow you to select the podcast behavior like no automatic deletion, if the playback progress should be stored or not... 

14. Shorten the skip silence trigger duration so that even short pauses are removed. (Or make it user adjustable)

Decrease the length threshold for skipping silence or make it user adjustable so that shorter pauses will be removed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can test this new feature right now by joining the Beta on the play store app page, then by updating the app.

You can then change the skip silence aggressiveness either globally or per podcast. Please contact me if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

15. Add "Mark Newer Episodes as Played" above the choice "Mark Older Episodes as Played"

Along with the existing choice of "Mark Older Episodes as Played" when clearing out a list of podcasts, could you add the choice "Mark Newer Episodes as Played". Upon adding a new podcast, there are some newer eps on the subject I may not be interested in, and it would be nice to clear them out with such an option. Another option would be a "Hold/Unhold" toggle on a single episode, so when a choice to Mark a newer/older ep as played, it would skip over anything marked by the user as "hold". There could also be an option to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring up the podcast description when clicking on an icon in the Statistics screen

The statistics screen would be a great tool for pruning podcasts if only you brought up the podcast description when clicking on its icon in the list. That would allow me to unsubscribe to my least listened to podcasts easily. Even better would be a long press selection (as in the playlist) and bulk action to unsubscribe.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gray out the orange unplayed counter for grayed out podcasts

Podcasts marked to not update have their thumbnails grayed out, but some podcasts already have black-and-white thumbnails, which means that it's not very clear if they're marked as don't-keep-updated or not.

Turning the orange unplayed counter gray would help distinguish this further.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How to choose chapters in landscape mode?

Would it be possible to choose chapters also in landscape mode?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option to pause playing with flipping the phone, and resuming with flipping again. Thank you Mordecai

An option to pause playing with flipping the phone, and resuming with flipping again. Thank you
    Mordecai

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?