Skip to content

General

2335 results found

1. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm doing some testing to check if I can implement this audio efect. However in order to test this I would need some sample files whith different audio levels between them or even within. Can you please send me an email with either link to some episodes (Settings/Feedback/Send email)?

Thanks

2. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version of the app will add a loop button displayed in the chapters / bookmarks list screen. That way you can toggle the loopmode for the current chapter / bookmark. In order to use this with bookmarks you need to create a bookmark A at the beginning position, and a bookmark B at the end position, then if you enable the loop mode for bookmark A it will keep playing between A and B over and over.  You can also press on the chapter / bbookmark name in the player screen to toggle the loop mode ON/OFF

EDIT: Now available in Beta

3. Should be able to perfom operations on all podcasts grouped under a category

Should also be able to group podcast's by category and perform operations on all podcasts in the category from the category directly e.g. reset podcast, update podcasts, download unread, etc.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to select if you want to filter episodes list screen by podcast (like it is right now) or by category. If you select the later, then you can easily select the episodes for a specific category to apply an action like download, mark played, add to playlist, …

4. Widget Samsung Galaxy Watch

Creation of a widget compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Watch, to synchronize and play some podcasts with the watch

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let Podcast Addict find wireless speakers and sound systems (Sonos ect)

Dear podcast addict. As my preferred podcast app, I'm extremely satisfied with the ease of use of the app, except for one thing, it's just too damn hard to connect to Sonos (yes, I know I can make a subfolder, but the layout in the Sonos app when I'm doing this is really crappy compared to your app. Spotify have the last couple of days released support for Sonos (and other wireless devices) that works pretty smooth. As the wireless marked is expanding, is this something you plan to do as well. Now that Sonos finally is opening up, so…

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More swipe actions on episodes

Add more swipe actions when left swiping on episodes.

For example in the Downloaded Episode list: left swipe would reveal the play / add to playlist / mark read / delete icon.

Same idea of the Recent episodes and Playlist lists: add there the most commonly used actions (3 or 4 max)

This would:
    - give quicker access to the most convenient features
    - fix the problem of people who find the left swipe de queue option too radical: it would only be one of the selectable actions there
    - it would also make possible to optionally deactivate the episode…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clips

How about function for creating "clips" from the podcasts/episodes. Cutting Just seconds or minutes

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "New Episodes" screen > swipe episode to download (right) or "mark as read" (left)

As an Android user of Podcast Addict, I refresh my podcast feed (over 30 subscriptions) once or twice a week. In my configuration, this presents a list of 15-20 entries on the "new episodes" page.

I manually download the episodes I'm interested in, and mark the ones I'm not interested in as "read".

Problem: a user must select an episode on the New Episodes screen, launch the episode's screen, then select either "download" or "mark read" on the screen.

It would be really useful to have a shortcut feature on the main New Episode screen which allows me to quickly…

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Play-Fi integration to support growing wireless speaker ecosystem

Play-Fi devolopers provide an easy to setup SDK to integrate apps to their wireless speaker ecosystem (many brands/vendors using this standard instead of proprietary one). I'd be good if PodCast addict can directly broadcast to such devices.

Please vote for this !!!

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer an Android L Style UI

I would love to have a theme option that would unify this app with other newly skinned Android L interfaces. I am a big fan of the changes made in presentation on 5.0 and would like an option for this app to represent something similar.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Assume podcast is finished if played xx% (95? 97?) or y minutes-or-less left

Most podcasts end with "housekeeping" and probably advertisements. When the core content is done, I don't wait for 100% finish.

But if I jump out, the old podcast lingers, keeps using space, and might even be continued after I finish another podcast.

And deleting by holding "jump to next podcast" button doesn't work for me - since I want to actually select the next thing to listen to, not some arbitrary 'next unlistened' one..

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now you can either Long press on the player Next episode button to skip to the next episode while handling the current one as if it was fully listened to OR you can use the skip outro setting.

This setting allows you to set the number of seconds that will automatically be skipped at the end of the episode.

However sometimes the end credits can be shorter than usual or even missing and using skip outro would still skip the last XX seconds of the app.
    To avoid this I plan to add an extra setting that if enabled would only trigger the skip outro if the Skip forward button is pressed at least once with the last XX seconds of the file (where XX seconds is the selected value for skip outro)

For example with this enabled and skip outro set to 5 minutes, the app will only…

14. Create automatic playlist based on duration

The app creates an automatic playlist based on a duration of choice. F.a. if your daily trip to work takes 30 minutes, it creates an automatic playlist that comes as close as possible to the duration.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the themes/UI

Please consider cleaning up the UI. Or at least give the option to hide UI elements. Your app might just be the very best regarding functionality but it doesn't look all that great in my opinion. It is very busy to look at.

For example the refresh button could be replaced with pull-to-refresh as an option.

Let me remove it the indicator for video or audio episodes. I don't do video podcasts (Does anyone??). The same is true for the playlist. Let's please hide the video feed.

I don't need the date of the last released episode on the main…

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Will there ever be other platforms? Desktop or iOS mainly

I love this, it's the best podcast app out there by a longshot. Unfortunately, I no longer have an android device. What are your thoughts on doing a desktop app or an iOS, possibly jailbroken, app?

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show actual amount of unread podcasts instead of a "+" symbol for 100+. I hate not being able to see how many unread podcast episodes

If you have 99 episodes of comedy bang bang unread for example, you can tell its 99. If you have 100 or 101 unread, you can't tell without counting manually how many unread casts for comedy bang bang there are because everything over 99 is replaced with a + symbol. It's stupid and every other podcast application gets it right. If there are 1123 unread podcasts Under comedy bang bang, i want it to say "1123", not "+". Its so simple. Im actually confused why when designing this app, you went out of your way to make it more complicated…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic download of playlist

I would like to have a setting that allowed me to automatically download the current and at most X number of items in the Playlist.

That way I could add episodes to the Playlist and always now I have at least the next X items offline. And as soon as a episode is finished and marked as played it will be deleted and a new one in the list will be downloaded.

I don't listen to all episodes of all podcasts so automatically download them is of no interest and I would like to limit the storage used so I…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Override WiFi only streaming

I would like to force a podcast episode to stream over 3G even if the global setting is WiFi only.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General