Skip to content

General

636 results found

1. Add sorting option under custom settings for podcasts

Right now when you choose how you want to sort your podcasts it sorts all of them the same.

I would like for an option to be added under the custom settings for a podcast that we could sort the individual podcast differently than the global settings.

Reason being that some podcast I like to sort and hear oldest first but others I want the newest one to be at the top.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the next version I will add a setting in Settings/Display/Custom sort per podcast
    By default every podcast will display its episodes using the same order as the app last episodes/downloaded episodes/all episodes/…
    If you enable this new setting, you will be able to customize the sorting for each podcasts

Edit: This feature is available in the new v2.23.2 version which is currently rolling out.
    The full rollout should be complete in a day or 2

2. (Android) Add continuous playback for downloaded podcasts

This should be without the need to add to a playlist.
    This is my suggestion:
    Users preset how 'Continuous' works, on all downloaded podcasts:
    It would be options like this:
    Play all podcast episodes old to new (or new to old, or date order, or alphabetically ordowmload date, irwhatever....)
    Or same options for all podcasts already downloaded,
    Or yet to be downloaded.

I want to download a ton of podcast episodes from different podcasts. Then I want to be able to play a podcast episode. At the end of the episode, the next episode starts playing, according to whatever 'Continuous…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Delivered in Podcast Addict v3.35.1

==========

The Continuous playback mode will be improved in the upcoming v3.35 version.
    It will allow you to start playing any list of episodes displayed on the screen by pressing on an episode play button no matter which screen you’re in or which filter is applied.

You can test this in the latest beta available.
    Please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks

3. 49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Setting for a short silent pause between episodes in the playlist

Sometimes it seems like two episodes in the playlist can blend together when one plays immediately after the previous one especially when the two episodes are from the same podcast. A setting to allow a silent pause between episodes of around 5ish seconds (or customisable amount) could help the listener to better distinguish between episodes.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Episode publication dates

On the screen that lists all the episodes in a podcast I'd like to see the date of publication for each episode.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support Jump Forward/Back on Android Auto

Hello,

I see that you have had a number of requests for android auto jump forward/back functionality that were closed saying that the functionality was supported, or that it was not possible to implement.

I'm looking to move to this application from BeyondPod, which does support in android auto mode both episode skip/restart, as well as jump forward/back, and I believe that supporting both is not only quite possible, but valuable functionality.

Currently, you have the "..." menu in android auto that brings up the secondary menu, and has limited functionality. BeyondPod places the jump forward/back buttons on this secondary…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Category Playlist

It would be amazing if we could set up a playlist of categories. So, for example, if I had 4 categories of podcasts, news, sports, tech, and entertainment, it would play the first podcast episode from each category, then rotate back up to the top of the list. This way, you never get two of the same show, or even two of the same type of show, in a row, with zero playlist management.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Podcast Addict v3.42 has just been released.
    This new version finally adds support to multiple playlists.

In order to use this new feature, you can go into the Playlists screen and select the new ‘Custom’ tab.
    Then you can select the category of your choice and listen to it.
    Those default categories are provided by the podcast owner in their RSS feeds, but you can press on the toolbar ‘Category’ button and add/delete/customize them.
    That way you can create playlists like News, Commute, Workout, Audiobooks, SFW, …
    Each playlist can have its own sorting mode.

Please let me know what you think about this new feature

Thanks

=========

The new beta allows you to play podcasts by category. The UI is still a work in progress but the feature works.
    On the app main screen you can filter by the category of your choice and then press on the…

9. Play 'First in playlist', not 'Next in playlist'

Imagine that you have your playlist sorted by date, and you want to always play the most recent playlist. In this case, then when the current podcast has finished, it should not play the next in the playlist, but instead play the one at the top of the playlist.

There should be an option to specify this.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ignore listening progress for the first couple of seconds

This would be useful if you accidentally started the wrong podcast or you lined up the wrong episode in your playlist and ended up skipping it right away.

After years of using your app I just recently discovered automatic playlists and continuous playback. As a result I have a lot of started episodes with the progress set to ~5 seconds in.

This might not be an issue for a lot of users, but I really appreciate how customizable the app is. Maybe even let the user decide the starting point for the listening progress.

Thanks

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This as been delivered a few months ago

===========

Next version will only show episodes played for at least 10s in that screen.
    When you want to skip the end credits of a podcast you can set the app to skip this podcast ‘outro’ (skip the last XX seconds) or you can long press on the player next track button to mark this episode as played while skipping to the next episode

Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

11. Stop at end of the current episode should remove that episode

When the option to remove episode from playlist after playing is selected and we set the timer to stop after current episode, that episode should be removed from the playlist and marked as read. Right now, we we resume playback, that episode it's on the playlist as unread and starts playing.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Google added some new native features in Android 6.0 which allows changing video playback speed.
    I’ll try adding this, but it will only work on Android 6.0 and above

Edit: this feature should be available in v3.18 for Android 6.0 devices only

Edit2: This feature is available in the latest beta. Please give it a try and let me know if it works fine. The speed is limited to 2.2x because Android API seems to have some issues above

Edit3: Delivered in v3.18

13. add a amp option

Somethimes recordings are really quiet and full volume doesn't quite cut it. This is done well in mx player.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allocate more space for episode titles in List View

In List View, episode titles are often truncated- probably more than half of them on the podcasts I listen to. Moving the publishing date and overflow button down to the next line could make the (otherwise gorgeous) List View a lot cleaner looking. Another way to handle this would be to provide a settings option to not display episode descriptions, making more room for the titles.

Keep up the good work! I tried everything on Android and Podcast Addict is the perfect podcast app.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Android Auto support

Make avaliable on Android Auto so we can listen to our podcast channels through Android Auto through our car stereos that have android auto built in.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Statistics - more than one year back

It would be great to have all listening statistics for every year back kept in Podcast Addict. Right now it shows 2020 and 2021, but 2019 disappeared at new years. Would be great to be to be able to compare.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. List of recently played podcasts

A history that lists the (at least 5) recently played podcasts, like you know it from other media player like foobar.

Once a podcast finished to be played and i wanted to go backwards, just some latest minutes. But I couldn't find it... I happend to have put it some days ago to my player and I have so many similar podcasts I really couldn't the last played one.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Edit: Delivered in v3.6.1

This will be added in the new version. You will have to go into Settings/Sliding menu and enable the playback history entry.
    Please join the beta channel group in order to get early access to the feature and to give me some feedback.

Thanks

18. There's still no multiple select option on the Playlist. I want to be able to bulk 'remove and delet from playlist'

There should be an option in the menu (in the top right hand corner of the playist page) where you can choose to select multiple episode in the playlist (at this point the menu would disappear and your playlist page would now show check boxes next to each episode) you would now 'check' the box of every episode you wojld like to delete.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Edit: Available since v3.21

Podcast Addict v3.21 will allow you to select multiple episodes in the playlist and to select one of the following action:
    – remove from playlist
    – delete
    – move to top
    – move to bottom
    – reset playback position

A new beta including this feature will be published tomorrow.
    Please join the beta tester group in order to test this

19. Option to keep episodes in playlist when unsubscribing from a pod

When unsubscribing a podcast you get a warning that all downloaded data will be deleted. I would like a checkbox with "Keep episodes added to your playlist". Since you can add episodes to your playlist from podcasts that you don't subscribe to I was surprised to notice that all the episodes disappeared from my playlist when I unsubscribed.

Thank you for a nice app!

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new version has an option to keep all the podcast data when unsubscribing. Only the subscription status will be changed which means that the podcast will stop receiving new episodes. The podcast will still be visible on the app main screen

20. option to play a podcast directly on selection

it takes too many clicks to get to a play button. Coming from Doggcatcher, I've gotten used to being able to just tap an episode and it immediately start, not move to the decription page, which I seldom read, and find the play button there, or long press and find it on the list.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General