Skip to content

General

2335 results found

1. Allow speed controls to be always visible

Please create a setting for users to always have the + and - speed controls on the screen. Having to open the speed control window is cumbersome, plus it blocks videos that I may be playing. I often like to adjust speed up and down while listening to a podcast. This helps me blow past topics that I don't t care about and slow down for subjects during a podcast that I want to pay more attention to. In other words, for me, I LOVE your plus and minus speed throttling buttons. I just want them to always visible next…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Swipe gestures

Add swipe gestures to, for example, mark episode read, delete, move to playlist etc etc

A set of gestures to set in menù setting

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate with IFTTT

There should be a way to integrate with IFTTT.

For example, I share my news items of interest to Diigo, which then (through IFTTT) posts to Blogger and Twitter, without duplicates.

If I could have podcast episodes that I finished at a predetermined level (or even via a manual share) sent to IFTTT that triggered a recipe already in-place to distribute my shared content as designed (Blogger and Twitter, simultaneously and without duplicates).

IFTTT is very simple and extremely useful, so an integration with Podcast Addict -- one of my top three most-used apps -- would be great.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Silence Skipping – Adjustable Silence Duration

tl;dr:
    I think it would be wonderful to have an adjustable min…max time consideration setting for silence skipping.

Detail:
    Although very useful, most podcasts sound odd and rushed with the current silence skipping setting. I think having an adjustable meter that allows a user to define the minimum amount of acceptable silence before skipping occurs would be wonderful.

It would allow for podcasts with this setting to sound more natural while also removing those unnecessary silences that often occur between commercials, chapters, etc.

It may also satisfy these posts:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/35799070-shorten-the-skip-silence-trigger-duration-so-that
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17267549-skip-silence-attack-control

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can test this new feature right now by joining the Beta on the play store app page, then by updating the app.

You can then change the skip silence aggressiveness either globally or per podcast. Please contact me if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback) 

Thanks

5. I'd like a downloadable/exportable history of all podcasts listened to/downloaded

My phone is running out of storage space so I need to delete all my downloaded podcasts. However- I want a way to remind myself which podcasts I downloaded in the past (and not just ones that count as fully listed too; sometimes I only listen to 3/4 of one but they still count!).

It would be great if you could download a txt/html file that was exportable to your email or something so you had a digital record of what you listened to in the past.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bigger button and fewer clicks to add bookmark in car layout

While listening when driving, I would appreciate a large button to add a bookmark without prompting me to name the bookmark or requiring me to press back to get back to the player. There seems to be plenty of room on the car layout screen to add an "add bookmark" button near the player controls. Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this app. I can't recommend the app to enough people! :)

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort by played time

Is it possible to add a sorting option by played time (total time - remaining time). So I can sort first the episodes already started. Thanks!

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Material You design

It would be great idea to add "Material You design" would not only bring a fresh look to the app, but also enhance the user experience by allowing them to customize the appearance to their liking. I believe this feature would be well received by the users and differentiate your app from others in the market.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to archive podcasts that are finished

Being able to mark a podcast as "finished" or "archived" so that it doesn't show up in the main podcast list but isn't necessarily deleted from the overall collection. I want to keep some for recommendation or occasional re-listening but I want to keep my primary list uncluttered.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable the always on player banner on the playlist screen

The player banner is a great addition to podcast addict and allows quick access to the current/last played episode yet it is missing from the bottom of the playlist screen.
    Enabling the player banner on the playlist screen would improve the user experiene by keeping the interface consistent.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow "shake to reset timer after player has stopped". for those of us who like to use podcasts to fall asleep and if wake up in night, we w

allow "shake to reset timer after player has stopped". for those of us who like to use podcasts to fall asleep and if wake up in night, we want to be able to restart the audio for approx 20 minutes without opening eyes. Replaying portions of same episode is ok since we aren't really listening, were zoning out sleeping.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. let me set times when it won't download new episodes and only download when power is connected

I only want to download new episodes at night when the phone is charging.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's be cool to send clips to friends

I'd like a way to crop small bits of a podcast and send them to friends through a text or Facebook or something

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basic android wear app

It would be great to be able to start the control interface and resume the last pod cast directly from the watch without first starting the pod-cast on the phone.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Global variable speed option

I would absolutely love it if there was an option to have the variable speed currently set in the player have effect globally, rather than just on a per podcast basis. In this case, the current and subsequent episodes would all be played at whatever the current player speed setting was, ignoring whatever speed each podcast was last played at

I find that I have to change the speed based on the environment I am listening in. For example, when using earphones I can usually get up to around 2.5x and still understand everthing, however when using the phone or…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

FYI there’s a setting in Settings/Player called Playback “speed factor” which allows to select how much of the current playback speed is applied when you listen through a loud speaker. For example, I set this at 33%.
    This means that the podcast set to 2.5x is played at 2.5x only when listening with a headset (wired or BT). Otherwise the app will play at 1.5×. Once you enable this, you won’t have to change the playback speed based on the environment. The app will do it for you

16. Voice notes

Sometimes when I hear something interesting in podcast I'm writing it down to check it later. It is not possible while running or other activities. You might add something like recorder enabled through headphones remote controll which will stop playing podcast and enable recording to leave short note. After that places where user left note might be also marked on podcast timeline.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Listening Statistics to stay permanently

Not to delete past listening statistics if you unsubscribe from a podcast. Or at least the option to keep them.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add speed controls to Android Auto

Add the options to change playback speed on Android Auto on the right slide/swipe screen

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Group podcasts by category

I mainly use the grid layout for my podcasts and spontaneously decide what to listen to. I never use the dropdown menu because I lose the overview over all podcasts. But the grid layout becomes an unsorted mess when you have 20+ podcasts.

It would be great if you could group the grid by categories.

Category Comedy
    --Comedy Podcast 1
    --Comedy Podcast 2
    Category History
    --History Podcast 1
    --History Podcast 2

You get an overview over all podcasts but they are logically grouped which makes it easier to find the right one for your mood.

Obviously podcasts which have more…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. swipe right on the recent episodes list to mark read, swipe left to download

love the swipe functionality added to playlist, would like to see it in more places. avoiding long clicks would be great

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?