Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

5,374 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just a heads up regarding the latest version of the app. It doesn’t provide cross device syncing yet, but it allows you to sign in to your Google Drive account and have all your data automatically backed up to make sure they are safe at all time. It also makes restoring the data on a new device really easy.
    You can go into Settings/Backup to enable this and sign-in
    Thanks

2. Integrate with Waze

Waze has this new feature - an audio kit that allows 3rd party apps to play audio in the Waze app (see https://www.waze.com/audioplayer). Several large players (Spotify, Deezer) have already done this integration.

As most of my listening is done on the road it would be a great improvement. I also saw that other users had issues with the current situation.

187 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to search episodes in the playlist.

You will need to use the playlist Option menu tab and select "Find Episode", then you can enter some keywords and press on '<' or '>' to scroll up / down the playlist to the previous / next occurrence.

A first beta should be soon available.

Please join the Beta on the Play Store app page and feel free to provide some feedback about this feature (Settings/Feedback)

This version will be available starting on build 20856 (Settings/About to check)

4. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version of the app will add a loop button displayed in the chapters / bookmarks list screen. That way you can toggle the loopmode for the current chapter / bookmark. In order to use this with bookmarks you need to create a bookmark A at the beginning position, and a bookmark B at the end position, then if you enable the loop mode for bookmark A it will keep playing between A and B over and over.  You can also press on the chapter / bbookmark name in the player screen to toggle the loop mode ON/OFF

EDIT: Now available in Beta

5. Should be able to perfom operations on all podcasts grouped under a category

Should also be able to group podcast's by category and perform operations on all podcasts in the category from the category directly e.g. reset podcast, update podcasts, download unread, etc.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to select if you want to filter episodes list screen by podcast (like it is right now) or by category. If you select the later, then you can easily select the episodes for a specific category to apply an action like download, mark played, add to playlist, …

6. Assume podcast is finished if played xx% (95? 97?) or y minutes-or-less left

Most podcasts end with "housekeeping" and probably advertisements. When the core content is done, I don't wait for 100% finish.

But if I jump out, the old podcast lingers, keeps using space, and might even be continued after I finish another podcast.

And deleting by holding "jump to next podcast" button doesn't work for me - since I want to actually select the next thing to listen to, not some arbitrary 'next unlistened' one..

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now you can either Long press on the player Next episode button to skip to the next episode while handling the current one as if it was fully listened to OR you can use the skip outro setting.

This setting allows you to set the number of seconds that will automatically be skipped at the end of the episode.

However sometimes the end credits can be shorter than usual or even missing and using skip outro would still skip the last XX seconds of the app.
    To avoid this I plan to add an extra setting that if enabled would only trigger the skip outro if the Skip forward button is pressed at least once with the last XX seconds of the file (where XX seconds is the selected value for skip outro)

For example with this enabled and skip outro set to 5 minutes, the app will only…

7. Silence Skipping – Adjustable Silence Duration

tl;dr:
    I think it would be wonderful to have an adjustable min…max time consideration setting for silence skipping.

Detail:
    Although very useful, most podcasts sound odd and rushed with the current silence skipping setting. I think having an adjustable meter that allows a user to define the minimum amount of acceptable silence before skipping occurs would be wonderful.

It would allow for podcasts with this setting to sound more natural while also removing those unnecessary silences that often occur between commercials, chapters, etc.

It may also satisfy these posts:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/35799070-shorten-the-skip-silence-trigger-duration-so-that
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17267549-skip-silence-attack-control

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can test this new feature right now by joining the Beta on the play store app page, then by updating the app.

You can then change the skip silence aggressiveness either globally or per podcast. Please contact me if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback) 

Thanks

8. Add speed controls to Android Auto

Add the options to change playback speed on Android Auto on the right slide/swipe screen

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Headset - Double click, Triple click, Quadruple click

[ Headset Control ]

Current features...
    -> Double click

I want to features...
    -> Double click, Triple click, Quadruple click

ex)
    1x - play or pause
    2x - rewind 20 s
    3x - fast forward 20 s
    4x - next file

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Section repeat Loop (A-B)

Please provide the option of Section repeat Loop (A-B), not the one present already for looping files, but another more specific that allow a continuous play and repeat of a segment of time in a file.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version of the app will add a loop button displayed in the chapters / bookmarks list screen. That way you can toggle the loopmode for the current chapter / bookmark. In order to use this with bookmarks you need to create a bookmark A at the beginning position, and a bookmark B at the end position, then if you enable the loop mode for bookmark A it will keep playing between A and B over and over.  You can also press on the chapter / bbookmark name in the player screen to toggle the loop mode ON/OFF

EDIT: Now available in Beta

11. Bookmark Export for ALL Podcasts (one-click)

Powerusers might add lots of bookmarks every day. If one's subscribed to hundreds of podcasts, one might not always remember which podcasts have bookmarks that haven't been exported yet.
    So for me, being able to export ALL bookmarks of ALL podcast with one click would be the prerequisite for me wanting to use bookmarks to begin with (otherwise, I'd continue to use Evernote for taking notes while listening to podcasts).

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View a list of episodes in a category

Currently it is only possible to view a list of podcasts within a category, I would like the option to view all the individual episodes in a category.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to select if you want to filter episodes list screen by podcast (like it is right now) or by category. If you select the later, then you can easily select the episodes for a specific category to apply an action like download, mark played, add to playlist, …

13. (player) Allow increasing button size by disabling art

When the player is in split-screen, even in car layout, the buttons are sometimes hard to press. It would be useful to have the option of increasing the size of the control buttons by disabling the episode art in the player.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Drag and drop multiple episodes at a time

I would love it if you could manually arrange your playlist by selecting multiple episodes and dragging all of them together to move them in the playlist. Right now it's only one at a time that you can drag and drop. The way I arrange my playlist would really benefit from being able to move multiple episodes around at a time!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto add virtual Podcast

Have an option to select a directory where every folder in it would automatically be set up as a virtual podcast.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New beta now works differently. When you select a folder containing sub folders, the app asks you if you want to create a single podcast or as many podcasts as there are subfolders.
    If you select the later, adding a new subfolder in your device memory later will not automatically create a new virtual podcast in the app

16. Skip silence attack control

I like the option!.. but I also experience abit awkwardness with it the audio. It's sounds like the app allows no null sound..
    I've would really like a option for control how much the app should attack the audio. So the app will allow 1s or 2s of null sounds

Thanks for a great app!!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can test this new feature right now by joining the Beta on the play store app page, then by updating the app.

You can then change the skip silence aggressiveness either globally or per podcast. Please contact me if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)

Thanks

17. Set a priority level only above which you get new episode notifications.

I only want to have new episode notifications for a select few of the many podcasts I have added. At the moment, it looks like I'd have to specifically disable "Keep updated" on each of the many podcasts I don't want them for, which would take forever and isn't quite what I want anyway.

I'd like to instead be able to set it to, for example, only give new episode notifications for podcasts with a priority of greater than 10.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. episode file name format rename when downloaded

episode format rename when downloaded
    Instead of downloading the file and listing it by filename, can you download it and name the file with the episode title, or date/time, etc. Other podcast receivers do this.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to customize default file names using predefined patterns. A 1st beta will soon be availble. Make sure to join the Beta on the Play Store app page to test this and provide some feedback.

This will of course apply to new downloaded episodes only.

You will have to go to Settings/Download and press on 'Use Custom filenames' to change the default behavior

19. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the threshold for skipping silence modular

I'm currently listening to a podcast with some audio issues. In addition to long silences, there are also moments where the volume of the speaking voices is low. These moments are skipped, making the podcast difficult to understand while skipping silence. I propose a slider that allows you to modify the volume threshold that the skip silence feature opts to cut, so that moments where those speaking are quiet won't be cut out alongside.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base