Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Save for Later / Listen Later Podcast List

I apologize for creating a duplicate idea but I have seen tons of the same posts asking for this with no or only cursory comments from the developer.

Many people with more supporters are asking for the same idea which is the ability to create a running list of podcasts/episodes which are NOT subscribed to but rather saved for later.

For example, I would use this feature when I am listening while doing other tasks and I hear an advertisement for a new podcast that I want to check out. I however already have 81 episodes in my playlist and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ypou don't have to subscribe to a podcast to add single standalone episodes to the app.

The purpose of the playlist is to add the episodes you want to listen to. If you want to listen to it later, then just add it to the end of the playlist. Otherwise you can add these podcasts to a listen later category and when you're ready to listent to themn you can select this category in the cusom playlist tab

2. cross device syncing feature

I use PodcastAddict App for listening to podcasts under same account on my phone and on tablet.
    I suggest that, if i for instance delete certain episode on the phone from Downloaded episodes, i would it like to be deleted also on the tablet and vice versa. I think, this would be great because I listen to podcasts sometimes on phone, other time on tablet, and than I always need to think, which one I had listened to on other device (I know, I can set automatic deletion, but I prefer not to delete after end of episode), so it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For sorting by file name - use "intelligent" file numbering

When sorting by file name, use intelligent file numbering so that "file 2" will come before "file 10". That is the way most file managers are able to recognize the numeric portion of the file name. Currently it sorts the other way around ("file 10" will sort before "file 2")

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add to Playlist directly from "Episodes"

Either from downloaded or last episodes, we have a single quick button (download or play). Can we also have an add to Playlist shortcut?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can long press on the episode and add it to the playlist or select multiple episodes and then add them at once to the playlist. Sorry but there won't be an add to playlist quick action, as there's no correct solution that will suit every one for this. If such an action existed, then what should be the next action after the episode was added to the playlist? Should it be to remove it from the playlist, to download it, to play it?

Sorry but the app will remain like this for now

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Language pinning in search.

I believe it would be easier to "pin" languages when searching. For example, I am searching for English and French podcasts, but if I want to search in French, I uncheck English. Later, if I want podcasts to shown in two langauges, I have to search for this language again. With two languages it's manageable, but with 3+ it starts to be hard. My suggestion is pinning desired languages to the top of language list so that checking/unchecking is easier, or creating a list of languages preferred that would always appear on top of search list. Thanks a lot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exclure

Bonjour,
    J'utilise votre application depuis de nombreuses années, néanmoins je trouve qu'il manque une voire deux options pour mon confort quotidien. Il serait bon de pouvoir exclure des podcasts avec une durée minimum à définir par l'utilisateur et aussi de pouvoir exclure des podcasts qui ne contiennent pas un mot défini par l'utilisateur.
    Excellente journée
    A votre dispo si besoin
    Julien

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restore the "Recent Episodes" widget in Android.

I loved and used the "recent episodes" widget for years, and with the most recent update, it vanished for me on Android. Please restore it as a widget choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an option to set an individual podcast to download the oldest episode each time the automatic download runs at my preset times (5am & 5p

Add an option to set an individual podcast to download the oldest episode each time the automatic download runs at my preset times (5am & 5pm). I like listening to the earliest episodes of podcasts before listening to the newest episodes, I don't want to go into each podcast and download a single episode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Playlist radom episode

Would be nice to have a playlist option do play a random episode.

When adding a considerable amount of episodes to the playlist, sometimes I feel like wanting to listen to a random episode without having to sort or scrolling through the list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to rewind in the Quickplayer options, additional to the play/stop and fwd buttons.

Quick player (Android 12?) Already shows play/stop and fast fwd buttons for Podcast Addict. A rewind button (go back 10secs) would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick bookmark button

Could this app have an quick bookmark feature? Just press it and bookmark is added? Now to add anonymous bookmark (without any text) takes 5 (!!!) clicks. It makes great feature of bookmarking unusable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Suggestions finding podcasts depending on region

When searching for podcasts we can already search on spoken language such as English or any other language
    I would like to have something like trending in a particular region, for example trending in the Netherlands or in Belgium, or whatever country you're from. A bit (hate to say it 😞) a way it works in pocket casts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Select multiple podcast episode lists

Be able to select multiple podcasts and open their episode lists together, instead of just one at a time.
    Example: I work past episodes of select shows into my rotation and have to run through the Downloaded Episodes menu. I'd rather be able to pull up the "Selected Podcasts" instead of all of them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add back the "recents" widget for Android users. It was invaluable to me

I loved and used the "recent episodes" widget for years, and with the most recent update, it canished for me on Android. Please restore it as a widget choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an option to not go to the top of the playlist after playing an episode

I played an episode that was in the middle of the playlist. I was surprised when the episode finished and, instead of continuing with the next episode in the playlist, it went to the beginning of the playlist. I would have expected to continue with the next episode.

I just realized that this might be a bug, since the option is already there ("Play from top") and I have it turned off.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a playlist sorting option that reflects the order in the Feeds section (especially for manual sorting)

Coming from Doggcatcher, I've found it very nice that you sort the feeds in the Feeds screen, and then the playlist is sorted in the same way.

You could use Priority for this but that means seeing priorities for every single podcast and trouble if you don't think ahead and leave enough room between numbers

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow automated playlist building

Auto-add next available episode to playlist based on sort order of podcasts x, y, z ...etc at specific times
    IE
    At 5am, add 1 episode of 3 podcasts to the playlist so they're queued for my morning commute. At 4pm, add 1 episode of 4 different podcasts so they're queued for my evening commute

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm sorry but this is way too specific to be implemented. You can already set the app to automatically adds new or downloaded episodes to the playlist by podcast. You can also use the custom playlist tab to create playlists by category and filter them to only show the past X episodes

19. Play a podcast in order, starting with the first episode.

I just want it to play episode 1, then episode 2, then 3. I don't want to pull over every time an episode ends. This is ridiculous. It's supposed to be for driving, right? And there's no way to automatically play the next episode? It's illegal for me to touch my phone to play the next episode while driving.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Override sort option at podcast level.

As it is today if I change the sort order of a podcast it will change it for all the podcasts.
    The sort option from the podcast menu should work like other options at this level that override the general option but does not change it. It works only for the podcast selected.
    In my case I have all the podcast sorted by the date but for virtual podcasts (audiobook) I need to sort by the name so the chapters do not get mixed up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?