Integrate with Google assistant
Just like the Google now integration. Where you can say play podcast car talk. It will instead be done via Google assistant/ Google home
I think this integration would require it to become a podcast provider from the perspective of google assistant pretty much like Spotify and Google podcast do. You can see that option in the Google assistant settings, unfortunately podcast addict don't show up as a provider (yet :D )
Attila Szeremi commented
Right now the integration is limited to:
- If the app is the active music app in the menu bar...
- You can say "Play" to play the current podcast
- You can't say "Pause" to pause it; that just gets ignored.
- You can say "Stop" to stop the podcast, however that also closes the app and makes it not the active music app in the menu bar, and thus won't listen to your commands anymore.
- If the app is NOT the active music app in the menu bar, all you can say is "Open Podcast Addict", then you have to at least once press the Play button physically before Google Assistant is willing to listen to the limited commands for Podcast Addict.
In short: you can tell Google Assistant to "stop" playing, but you'll need to eventually physically press Play to start playing again.
This is dangerous if I had to do that while driving.
It would be great if at least the Google Assistant "Pause" command worked so you could toggle between "Play" and "Pause" just by voice and not have to touch your phone for it.
Seems like this is still not a thing. Just tried it and Google says it can't start PA.
Hugo Leon commented
This feature seems to be available, see this https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/33997144-start-queued-podcast-with-ok-google-command
Tatyana Durova commented
I'd like a command for "Play my playlist"
This would be amazing. Google podcast just isn't as good as podcast addict so I really want to stay with PA, but I mostly listen when I'm driving (and I drive a lot for work) so it's dangerous and illegal to faff around if PA stops.
It would be really good to be able to tell google to "start podcast addict" or something and have it start playing my playlist. I often use the google assistant while driving or when my hands are full, plus the built in google podcast stuff doesn't know any of my subscriptions
This is a great idea. Would love to be able to control the podcasts while biking or walking without having to take out my phone.
Jenn Benn commented
Google assistant has routines, where you can say going to work, and it initiated a series of actions (tell me the weather, tell me my commute time, etc). I am trying to set up a command for it to play podcasts from your app. It is defaulting to playing random podcasts through Google.