I suggest you ...

Integrate with Google assistant

Just like the Google now integration. Where you can say play podcast car talk. It will instead be done via Google assistant/ Google home

327 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Je Lem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing. Google podcast just isn't as good as podcast addict so I really want to stay with PA, but I mostly listen when I'm driving (and I drive a lot for work) so it's dangerous and illegal to faff around if PA stops.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop spamming about Play-Fi please! Even with support for that system, PA would still need support for Google Assistant specifically to recognize any commands sent to it through Play-Fi speakers.

+3 to play-fi support , which comes with multiple vendor support (not just google) and it also supports Alexa...

• Ellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really good to be able to tell google to "start podcast addict" or something and have it start playing my playlist. I often use the google assistant while driving or when my hands are full, plus the built in google podcast stuff doesn't know any of my subscriptions

• csjaramillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. Would love to be able to control the podcasts while biking or walking without having to take out my phone.

• Jenn Benn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google assistant has routines, where you can say going to work, and it initiated a series of actions (tell me the weather, tell me my commute time, etc). I am trying to set up a command for it to play podcasts from your app. It is defaulting to playing random podcasts through Google.

+1 support to PlayFi support. Great ecosystem wiht assistants already integrated and SDK freely available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base