I suggest you ...

Working on a Google home integration

I'm a huge fan of your application and I'm considering buying a Google Home assistant to browse my favorite podcasts while doing the dishes. Are you planning on working on something tlike this ? Thanks !

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Oh yeah! As an user of PlayFi set of speakers, this'd be great!

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 to PlayFi support. Great ecosystem.

• Jonathan Combel commented  · 

I now have two devices with Google Home, so started trying to configure this with Podcast Addict, was bummed it wasn't there. Google Home can play some podcasts for me, but I prefer to use PA in my morning, so the morning podcasts will flow seamlessly into playing my other casts.

A scenario that is executed like this:

Trigger action (like "good morning") is taken
        Pre-selected podcasts, A, B, C have their current/most recent episodes moved to the top of the queue automatically, according to a pre-determined order: B, C, A.
        Top-priority podcast playback started.
        Since this has been added to the active playlist, once B, then C, then A, play, the playlist continues playing the media that was queued, without interruption.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Nick, PlayFi provides Alexa support!!!

• M Sue McCann commented  · 

Considering everyone is coming out with smart speakers I think integrating with as many of them as possible would be good. (Personally I'm hoping for Google home first)

• John Rivers commented  · 

PlayFi please! it is free and vendor agnostic! Easy integration with their SDK.

• Anonymous commented  · 

not just google home, or chromecast, but also PlayFi and AirPlay. I do know if SONOS is interesting... to be vendor agnostic, the best is PlayFi

• Nick Akason commented  · 

Alexa compatibility would be awesome too

Feedback and Knowledge Base