I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

4,556 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

273 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OV51KGRV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, that's still a lot better than losing everything. Some podcasts have limited availability so may not be available for later download. Fortunately, most podcasts don't work that way. I look forward to testing it.

• OV51KGRV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet again my Nexus 5 has broken so I've lost all my subscriptions and downloaded Podcast. So when I have another mobile I'm very keen to test this. I would like online storage of subscriptions, play state and ideally downloaded episodes.

• AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First I need to finish the v3.0 which comes with a small UI update and some technical improvements. Those technical upgrades will then allow me to resume working on the cross device syncing. There were some performance issues with my initial tests, and now it should work better

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like other posters here, this app is for me the best for podcasts, but I too would love the ability to sync across devices and would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for that ability. I hope it comes out soon!

• Roman Papush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just ran into the same issue people having here. Maintaining the same library across phone and tablet. Or just having an account, so when time comes to change device, you could just login and not lose all your subscriptions and history data. Other than that, can't not congratulate you on a great piece of software, times and times much better than anything I've tried before. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you just allowed us the export the "listened to" list, then we could sync it ourselves with btsync.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud sync (with login and https) could even mean that someone could write a Windows program to play podcasts on the desktop and keep sync with the phone :D
    I'd just *love* to have some sort of mini Itunes for podcast management, downloading and possibly pushing to the phone.

• AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry I had to switch to a much urgent issue the past weeks.
    With the increasing number of users I'm having some server issues so I need to rewrite all the server code. This will take like a couple more weeks, then I will switch back to the cross device syncing

• Don Kitchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the progress here with this feature? I too would be willing to pay for this feature!

• Shannon Mollenhauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the feature that will get me to donate for the app. I've tried 6 different podcast apps in a year and this is the front-runner. Now that I have a tablet along with my Galaxy S4 phone, syncing will be the money maker. Gladly sign up for beta. Have you considered using Dropbox or Google Drive to store the data and progress so the contents stay in sync by user choice/control and you don't have to manage storage/files/accounts?

• Roger Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to start looking for another app to replace podcast addict because of this, but I'll hold off for a little while now that I see this is in the pipeline!

Feedback and Knowledge Base