I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

4,631 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminXavier Guillemane (CEO / Founder, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • moredsir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to sync the actual downloaded podcasts between devices. ATM I do it by HD File Manager creating a simple anonymous FTP server, and then browsing to it and downloading the entire podcast directory. It's a clunky way of doing it but gpodder has no value to me at all as I cannot stream data.

• OV51KGRV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does google allow any storage for apps that could be used? If so, would be good as everyone will have that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On android 4.3+ , could you use the same mechanism that games use to sync game progress?

• Stéphane GIROUD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a feedly intégration will be great (i used greader for articles but for podcast definitively Podcast addict is the best)

• BeowulfOF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xavier, look at gpodder.net to check full feature list. Even if the features are not fully supported now, it is open-source based and can be implemented as well.

But favourite episodes, read status and subscription sync is definitly there already.

• Marcus Carlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will put my vote on gpodder.net as well since they're already offering an API for doing synchronization between devices.

• BeowulfOF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about using gpodder.net to use this feature that is already implemented on various devices and tools but rarely in android apps.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base