I suggest you ...

Add support for https://gpodder.net/

https://gpodder.net/ is a website for podcast managment, It would be great if your application could integrate with the website, for easy management. This will also help with desktop applications

601 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Morne Wolfaardt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tomislav Pavičić commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm absolutely for this - I've been looking for an excuse to give you your well deserved $$, but with the removal of ads being the only incentive, I always find some other app/service that I prioritize. I'd be more than happy to pay the ad-free version if it had Gpodder support!

• Michael Chermside commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to synchronize my current state across devices (and maintain it if I switch devices) is becoming a mandatory feature these days. Last week I bought a new phone and about 1/3 of the total effort of switching phones was updating the state of Podcast Addict. Furthermore, I can't view the state of my podcasts anywhere else EXCEPT from the app on my phone. Integrating to gpodder would resolve both these problems.

• George Gershwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are not going to port Podcast Addict to Windows and add synchronization then gpodder integration seems like the next best thing. Please do one or the other.

• Will Cipriano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to second this motion. I purchased the app long ago and it is the best podcast player on any platform. I only feature I miss is the ability to sync my gpodder subscriptions and plays across devices.

• Steven Bauers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Please, please add this. It would solve synchronization issues and multi-platform compatibility.

• Jan Greth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also nearly solve also "Having a computer based version of Podcast Addict to be able to listen to podcast on a computer & keep the podcast sync with android device".

• Ale Zuvic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Synchronization across devices is a real nightmare. It really should be simple. Did you listen to that episode on X device? Yes. Then mark it as played on Z computer. I don't really get why is messy in almost any app I tested. I bet you could make it work better.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! All the existing apps that do work with gpodder are terrible.

• William Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

kind of like trakt for keeping track of series viewing. Maybe look at series guide as an example of this. That app does "sync" really well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I'm using gpodder for my "home listening" on my Windows PC that would truly ease my life a lot!

• Carlos Colorado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will allow me to listen to my content on other devices and keep my podcast on sync. Truly a must have

• Peter Hilgenfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important thing in my opinion is synchronisation of subscriptions as well a which episodes you have already listened too.

• zed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for that, been using gpodder.ndet for ~ 5 years now, its great, open source and the dev is a great guy

Feedback and Knowledge Base