I suggest you ...

add Mono Audio Support

I always listen to Podcasts at work and I'm only allowed to have one ear plugged in
So Mono sound would be awesome

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frequent User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of the lecture casts have uneven audio quality (mostly left ear only) a mono option would fix this without the trouble of constantly turning it on and off on the phone settings. This option would greatly increase the value of this app.

• Ronaldo Russel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

Do you know how many people are using Android 4, 5 and 6?

Maybe they won't be able to upgrade theirs Android because the manufactors won't support the new version.

I think this is a thing that should be considered.

Best Regards,
        Ronaldo Russel

• Brian McCorkell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this feature as I'm slightly deaf in my left ear which means that I keep having to make adjustments to the sound when listening to stereo podcasts.
        Is there a balance feature that I can use, meanwhile?

• Cyprien D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some podcasts, like those from Europe 1 (France) are bad quality: they start stereo, but then they either play to only one side or move alternatively from left to right, which is annoying to listen by headphones. Forcing individual podcast channels to monaural would be the solution.

• Clint Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature in the player. I listen to volunteer podcasts that sometimes accidentally export mono files as stereo, putting the sound in only one side. A mono sum toggle would be great.

• Doug Griffith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can set everything to mono in the AndroI'd settings under "Accessabilty". Agree it would be nice to have I in the app, but in the mean time changing it in the OS might work for you...

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others, I usually use one earbud to listen, and more of my podcasts are going stereo now (e.g. BBC). There are sometimes options in the phone settings that make all headphone output mono or stereo, but I've just changed phone/ROM and the mono option isn't there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea~!
        Frankly, I already use the mono bluetooth router in order to hear music with my BT earbud.
        Podcast addict crashed with the mono bluetooth router from yesterday. I don't know the reason but if podcast addict support hearing with the mono bluetooth earbud, I will be happy.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice, most earwolf and also superego are in stereo but I usually have just one earbud in, this would be a nice feature to allow me to listen to both channels in one.

• Erik Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The majority of podcasts are mono already, but for the occasional podcast that's recorded in stereo, I agree, this would be great. I often listen to podcasts with a single earbud in as well.

• Dirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great for listening podcasts while biking with only one ear plugged in, too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base