General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete…

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Waze

Waze has this new feature - an audio kit that allows 3rd party apps to play audio in the Waze app (see https://www.waze.com/audioplayer). Several large players (Spotify, Deezer) have already done this integration.

As most of my listening is done on the road it would be a great improvement. I also saw that other users had issues with the current situation.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Strongly consider syncing across devices. I use several different devices and most other apps already provide this feature. Im very disappoi

Complete the syncing across devices feature. Very disappointed to see how long ago this was requested with no apparent interest in providing this function.

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "New Episodes" screen > swipe episode to download (right) or "mark as read" (left)

As an Android user of Podcast Addict, I refresh my podcast feed (over 30 subscriptions) once or twice a week. In my configuration, this presents a list of 15-20 entries on the "new episodes" page.

I manually download the episodes I'm interested in, and mark the ones I'm not interested in as "read".

Problem: a user must select an episode on the New Episodes screen, launch the episode's screen, then select either "download" or "mark read" on the screen.

It would be really useful to have a shortcut feature on the main New Episode screen which allows me to quickly…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic full backup on Google Drive

Enable the possibility to automatic Full backup On Google Drive.
    At specific moment (avery day, every week, every hour, ecc ecc)

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Download before playing

Even Sticher has this. There should be a download before play option. I never want to actually stream anything, just take 5 seconds and download the podcast first. Automatic download settings do not cover my use case and I want specific individual podcast episodes to be downloaded directly before playing

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dim the episode cover when that episode is marked as played

Dim the episode cover (including or not the entire episode card) when that episode is marked as played. I mean, apart from the green tick, of course.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically mark episodes older than ... as played

I'm subscribed to serveral "News" Podcasts, some of them updating their feed every hour.

I'm not interested in hourly news from 12 hours ago and they clutter the "unplayed episodes" list, a per-podcast setting to automatically either "Mark all but the latest episode as played" or "Mark episodes older than n hours/days/month as played" would be very convenient.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Review/rate option

... add a review/rate option. It is necessary to show support and help iniciatives grow. Your app is really good. Make it the best

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add option to sort playlist by podcast specific sort options

My apologies if this is something that can already be done in the app, but if that is the case I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have some podcasts that I want to listen to newest to oldest, and some that I would like to listen to oldest to newest. I know that I can enable custom sorting on the podcast page, but this sorting option doesn't seem to tie back to the playlist page in any way.

Currently I am sorting by podcast priority, then by episode rating, then by date (newest to oldest).…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Creating groups in playlist

The idea is to be able to "link" selected episodes in a group in the playlist screen.

When you rearrange part of or all your playlist, these episodes stay in a block without losing their reorder. You can also move them together.
    It would benefit episodical podcasts especially.

Additional idea : have the possibility to collapse this group to have a less cluttery playlist.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Removing the video and custom playlist tabs

Give us the ability to remove the video and custom playlist.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Statistic that shows average hours of podcasts released per day/week/month (to help addicts from not subscribing to too many podcasts)

Quick background: Over the years I've accumulated dozens of podcast subscriptions. With changes to my available listening time I still tried to be a completionist and listen to all episodes. After I made some quick calculations I realized that there aren't enough hours in a day to accomplish that, which helped me make decisions about what shows had to go.

This feature could also help with the decision whether to add new podcasts to your feed.

To calculate the length of published episodes over a week it might be sufficient to average over just a few weeks to give a…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Expand the complex sort order found in Playlists to other sections.

The complex sort order found in Playlists (⇅Order by) incredibly useful. I would appreciate being able to sort in the same way in al rhe other sections like Downloaded Episodes, New Episodes, Playback in progress, All.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Google account sync

I would like to suggest to sync all data (list of podcasts, etc...) In a Google account in cloud. It's much better than maintain this data locally in the cell phone and in case of cell phone change it will be much easier to re install the app and all data

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pause on Volume=0

Some music player apps will pause when volume is reduced to 0, and resume playback when the volume is increased. This is the best feature ever.

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a longer description

It would be great to be able to read more of the description for the podcast on the listing screen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ID account

please add ID account at your app to not miss anything when we format our phone and reinstall it. thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base