General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add podcast duration when sharing

A suggestion, please add podcast duration when sharing (Share > Episode Description) podcast details. I subscribe to several relevant to my field an track podcast times for CPE credits. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch to a Subscription Payment Model

I don't expect this to be super-popular idea but:

I wish that you would switch to a subscription payment model. I really like this app and I'd like for it to be around a long time and so it needs to be financially sustainable for you.

I've purchased the one-time $3.99 app to remove ads, but I'd gladly pay $3.99 per year or more in order to keep the app around forever.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. highlighted sleep timer button with progress

Currently the sleep timer button is displayed as a static clock(inactive) or a "/" (active).

When you currently press it, it brings up an options dialogue. This is annoying/unnecessary to have an extra step for users that use it all the time.

This should be changed to be a toggle.
    Either "Active" or "Inactive".

When it is "Active", the clock is highlighted/coloured and a mini-countdown timer shows progress.

When it is "Inactive" the clock is greyed out.

You can access the settings to the player settings, if you need to change duration/behaviour.

Also I heard you mentioned that a chime…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add option to download latest episode in 'Download Older first'

I have a couple of podcasts that I want to listen to all the older episodes in order, but also listen to the latest episodes as they are published. Right now, I have them set to 'Archive Mode' and 'Download Older First' and manually add the latest episodes when published.

However, it would be nice to have the option to also have it automatically download the new episodes when published. This way I can listen to the new episodes while also catching up on the older ones.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 💜 the player, but really wish I could create multiple playlists that I could categorize

We can create individual folders for podcasts, but I wish I could create categorized playlists of individual episodes (i.e. music, news, interviews, comedy).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Volume compressor / normalizer

Add an optional feature to enable (and adjust the degree of) volume compression so that the dynamic volume range is minimized within a given track.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the threshold for skipping silence modular

I'm currently listening to a podcast with some audio issues. In addition to long silences, there are also moments where the volume of the speaking voices is low. These moments are skipped, making the podcast difficult to understand while skipping silence. I propose a slider that allows you to modify the volume threshold that the skip silence feature opts to cut, so that moments where those speaking are quiet won't be cut out alongside.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to search on a podcast you are not subscribed to

At the moment you can search within a subscribed podcast, which is great, but it's not possible to list episodes for a podcast I'm not subscribed to and search that. I often listen to podcasts I'm not subscribed to, because they are occasionally good/interesting. It would be great if the current search were to be included whenever there is a list of episodes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Top episodes

Please create a ranking of the week's top episodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Looping playlist back to top.

Today I added a virtual podcast and added all episodes to the end of my playlist, started listening to these episodes and when they finished the playlist didn’t return to the top and carry on, is this a setting I’ve missed or something that could be added? Great app by the way top quality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mark episodes unplayed upon Download

When I download an already played episode, it can be assumed I'd like to listen to it again. To me it would make sense to have the option to mark it as played automatically upon download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add drop-down menu option to choose a random episode from list

Option to display episode details of a random episode from which ever list is being viewed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sort podcasts by oldest unplayed episode regardless of newer unplayed episodes

Sorting by publication date uses the date of the most recent unplayed episode to determine the order. If new episodes get added, the podcast sorts to the top of most recent even if they have older unplayed episodes. This makes it hard to listen to unplayed podcasts in publication order. I would like an option to sort by publication date that uses the date of the oldest unplayed episode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable binding "next episode" to "skip 30s"

Using Galaxy Buds or similar wireless headphones I have the option to tap for "next", but not to jump a short time within the episode/song. Since I never use the first option and often have to get out my phone for the latter, it would be great if you could swap the "next episode" behaviour in settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let us create a home screen shortcut to a single episode as well

We can create a home screen shortcut to a podcast and I love it but sometimes to singles episodes as well could be useful, say a chapter of a virtual podcast or the next episode you have to listen into a podcast you would like to listen completely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Headset - Double click, Triple click, Quadruple click

[ Headset Control ]

Current features...
    -> Double click

I want to features...
    -> Double click, Triple click, Quadruple click

ex)
    1x - play or pause
    2x - rewind 20 s
    3x - fast forward 20 s
    4x - next file

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to click on a podcast in available to download without it then disappearing from your list.

When I refresh my list of available podcasts to determine which I'd like to download... if you click one to see show notes or details (without downloading it) then go back to your list of available podcasts to download the one you looked at is no longer in your list. At that point you have to navigate to that podcast sub and download it from there or select mark played to have it removed from your available to download list. It would be great if this didn't happen and you could look at a podcasts details before deciding whether or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Widget Samsung Galaxy Watch

Creation of a widget compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Watch, to synchronize and play some podcasts with the watch

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search includes keywords in the description

Hello,
    I really like this app but wish the search function was a little better. For example, if I search for a specific speaker (in this example "Simon Conway Morris") or specific producer ("BBC 4") the search doesn't seem to recognize these terms and won't display results for them, despite both words/ phrases being in the description. I only know they are in the description because in a different podcast app when I search those words many more episode/ podcast options come up. I really like everything else about the app!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Podcast Addict search engine already uses description to field for the search engine. If you’re using iTunes search engine (BTW the episodes search engine tab is handled by iTunes search engine)
    then I don’t know exactly how their algorithm work. Sorry I cannot be of more help

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base