Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. An option to pause playing with flipping the phone, and resuming with flipping again. Thank you Mordecai

An option to pause playing with flipping the phone, and resuming with flipping again. Thank you
    Mordecai

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Playlist context menu: Move to bottom function

Please change the functioning so I don't lose my location in the playlist when I select to move a podcast to the bottom of the cue. Currently, the screen jumps to the bottom along with the moved podcast.
    My list is long, it's awkward to scroll back to where I was
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How to choose chapters in landscape mode?

Would it be possible to choose chapters also in landscape mode?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bookmark Export - include an URL for each bookmark

Currently the file only contains the episode URL. It would be helpful to include an URL for each bookmark, so that when clicking it will start playing on the bookmark ("Position" field) instead of the beginning of the episode.

It could be similar to what Youtube does by appending e.g. "t=137" parameter in the query string of the URL.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That's a good idea. The app will provide 2 urls for every bookmark. A first url based on the episode url with a new parameter to pass the position, but depending on the source that might not work. The app will also pass Podcast Addict episode url with the playback position in which case it should always work fine

5. Add an episode long-press option for "download next episode and queue after this"

A pattern I very frequently encounter is being on the playlist and wanting to download the next episode of a show and insert it on the playlist immediately after the current episode. This requires me to remember what episode I'm on, go back to the podcast show list, open the show, scroll down to the new episode, download it, add it to the playlist, and then drag it up to where I want it. Instead, I'd like to just have a single "download next episode and queue after this" option that I can execute from the playlist.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gray out the orange unplayed counter for grayed out podcasts

Podcasts marked to not update have their thumbnails grayed out, but some podcasts already have black-and-white thumbnails, which means that it's not very clear if they're marked as don't-keep-updated or not.

Turning the orange unplayed counter gray would help distinguish this further.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring up the podcast description when clicking on an icon in the Statistics screen

The statistics screen would be a great tool for pruning podcasts if only you brought up the podcast description when clicking on its icon in the list. That would allow me to unsubscribe to my least listened to podcasts easily. Even better would be a long press selection (as in the playlist) and bulk action to unsubscribe.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. use PodcastAddict as a music player

I use PA to play my MP3 musics by creating a virtual podcast to a folder on my SD card that contains all my favorite musics.
    It just lacks the possibility of resetting the playback of the songs if you leave the song and the possibility of downloading the image of the original CD cover.
    It would be great to give up any other player to play my music

J'utilise PA pour lire mes musiques MP3 en créant un podcast virtuel vers un dossier de ma carte SD qui contient toutes mes musiques favorites.

Il manque juste la possibilité de…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea. Next version of the app will show a small setting screen when creating a virtual podcast. It will allow you to select the podcast behavior like no automatic deletion, if the playback progress should be stored or not... 

9. Would it be possible to increase the video playback speed up to 5 times?

I always use this app very well.

The video playback speed can be up to 2.2x, Couldn't this be increased to 5x, the same speed as the audio?

I know it is a beta feature and the load is heavy, but the performance of smartphones is improving.

In fact, I was able to play 5x speed with other apps on my phone.

I think it would be relatively easy to implement, so I would appreciate it if you could consider this.

Thank you in advance.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Grid set-up change

I love the app, but recently upgraded to a new phone which must have different dimensions, because the main screen looks different. I love the grid layout, but the small grid is 5 across, and the grid layout is 3, whereas 4 would be perfect. Would it be possible to have a choice of the number of titles across, instead of 3 "fixed" grid sizes?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add "Mark Newer Episodes as Played" above the choice "Mark Older Episodes as Played"

Along with the existing choice of "Mark Older Episodes as Played" when clearing out a list of podcasts, could you add the choice "Mark Newer Episodes as Played". Upon adding a new podcast, there are some newer eps on the subject I may not be interested in, and it would be nice to clear them out with such an option. Another option would be a "Hold/Unhold" toggle on a single episode, so when a choice to Mark a newer/older ep as played, it would skip over anything marked by the user as "hold". There could also be an option to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add cast support to Internet Radio

At present we can cast podcasts through Google Cast, and we can play internet radio streams. It would be great if we could do both, and cast radio streams to our smart speakers!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Put a space between the "play" and "play season" buttons so I do not accidentally add 20 episodes to my playlist and have to delete them all

Please see above, app is great but my fingers are big and sometimes I press the wrong button by mistake, please reorder the buttons.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to search episodes in the playlist.

You will need to use the playlist Option menu tab and select "Find Episode", then you can enter some keywords and press on '<' or '>' to scroll up / down the playlist to the previous / next occurrence.

A first beta should be soon available.

Please join the Beta on the Play Store app page and feel free to provide some feedback about this feature (Settings/Feedback)

This version will be available starting on build 20856 (Settings/About to check)

15. sort publisher newest episode

When you click on the "other podcast by x" option and get a full display of all a channels podcasts it would be nice to be able to sort from most recently updated instead of only an alphabetical list. A lot of publishers have hundreds of podcasts, so trying to find new podcasts this way is very difficult.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest the possibility to SAVE COVER ARTS of every episode. Something as: click over art/miniature and open an menu: "save image as...".

I suggest the possibility to SAVE COVER ARTS of every episode. Something as: click over art/miniature and open an menu: "save image as...".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bookmarks + Progress Bar

Bookmarks and progress bar are actually totally "disconnected". Add visual flags, arrows, bullets will simplify the "legibility" of bookmarks episode.
    Option : different color/types flags (emojis perhaps) is possible

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add options for downloads file naming

Similar ro implement a clear file naming system request I have some podcasts that have no id3 tags and although your app gives the best naming (episode number.mp3) in most cases since I can set a custom name for the podcast where the download folder for the podcast takes that naming for me it would be useful to have the mp3 files when downloaded to have the id as the title of the podcast.
    I'm sure this could be added as an option on what pattern to use as the file naming for ex:
    Original filenames
    Episode title
    Pattern: podcast…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version will allow you to customize default file names using predefined patterns. A 1st beta will soon be availble. Make sure to join the Beta on the Play Store app page to test this and provide some feedback.

This will of course apply to new downloaded episodes only.

You will have to go to Settings/Download and press on 'Use Custom filenames' to change the default behavior

20. Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Ideally it should be customizable; sometimes I can't check for new episodes every week, so it would be nice to be able to check for new episodes once a month and be able to see ALL of them, not just those created within the last week

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?