Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Information about "Importing OPML files"

For those of us who don't use iTunes: (OPML files store all the subscribed podcasts)

I had to spend a little time finding out out to import my OPML file from a computer.
    1) I had to zip it and send it by Bluetooth to the Android phone.
    2) Using a file manager that can unzip files (there are many. I use ES File Explorer) I unzipped the OPML file.
    3) I clicked the unzipped file in my file manager (Podcast Addict was open) and Podcast Addict opened it with check boxes next to each of the programmes. I then…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, but I’m declining this entry because it’s not a new feature suggestion.
    The app already opens the opml file when you press on the it or on the mail attached file.

You can also import an opml file stored on a website simply by pressing on the url link.

The OPML file transfer from the remote location to your device has nothing to do with the app. A simpler way would be to send it by mail or by drobox. No need to compress the file because even with thousands of entries the file size will remain small. But this step isn’t related to Podcast Addict

Xavier

2. Mark read if less than 5 (optional) minutes left

A feature that automatically will show the podcast episode as read if it less that 5-10 mimutes remaining.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this by settings up a skip outro setting in the podcast custom settings. If you set it to 5 minutes, the app will automatically skip to the next episode and mark the current one as read. You can also long press on the previous/next episode button at any time to trigger the same behavior manually

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow download with data(4g)

My phone(Sony Xperia) only allows download episodes with wifi.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix bug in duration calculation

Some podcasts show up with a duration of 10 minutes after downloading. Once it's played for the first time, its duration is properly calculated.

Of course this bug has a work around, but it would be better to not have to manually search for these podcasts and play them just to have the correct duration.

So far, the only podcasts that have this issue is from ReasonTV.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions.
    Instead use this website ‘Contact support’ button to open a ticket.

There’s no bug here. The initial duration comes from the RSS feed and some podcast owner forget to change the value and just copy / paste older episode data. The app only access the real duration information the first time it starts the playback.

7. "Settings/Download"?

Your articles are unclear on how to get to "Settings/Download" I don't see that option anywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues or ask questions. It’s dedicated to new Features suggestions.
    Use this website Contact Support button to report an issue or ask questions.

I’m referring to the Download category of the Settings screen.
    So just open the app settings (from the navigation menu) and press the settings button (at the bottom)

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions. To report an issue use this website Contact support button.

The only way the subscriptions will disappear is if you unsubscribe from your podcasts or clear the app data in android settings or uninstall the app.
    No crash can delete the subscriptions. Or maybe this is a ROM issue that’s deleted the app database.

9. pause playback via tasker or something similar

pause playback via tasker or something similar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why do i still have a podcast Backround at Lockscreen even when i have stopped the App?

Why do i still have a podcast Backround at Lockscreen even when i have stopped the App?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please only use this website section to ask/vote for new features. In case of an issue use this site Contact Support button to open a ticket.

The lock screen widget is handled by android, not by the app. As soon as an app enables the lock screen widget android will handle the display (that’s why every app uses the exact same lock screen widget). When you stop the player (long press on the play/pause button), the app doesn’t have audio focus anymore and android should remove the lock screen widget. If not it’s an android bug

11. Fix a bug from a recent update. Now smodcast feeds won't update. There is a triangle next to most of them. Other feeds ok

New Smodcast feeds are down, however others, including NPR feeds seem to work fine. Triangle next to feeds in list. Have tried resetting the feed, unsubscribing and resubscribing. No help...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this website section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions.
    Please use this website Contact support button to open a ticket.
    Regarding your issue I will need to podcast feed rss url in order to do some test. To do so long press on the podcast (not the episode) and select Copy to clipboard, then paste the result here.

Thanks

12. échelle de telechargement et impossible de sauvegarder

Depuis l'avant dernière mise à jour il m'est impossible de télécharger mes episodes quelque soit le podcast. il me met echec de tééchargement.
    de plus je souhaite changer de téléphone et donc faire une sauvegarde. il me met qu'il y a eu une erreur inconnue.
    comment remédier à tout cela ?
    Salutations
    Caous Olivier
    N.B. : mon mail gourou-olivier@laposte.net

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de ne pas utiliser cette section du site pour remonter des problèmes. Elle est dédiée au propositions de nouvelles fonctionnalitées.
    Il faut utiliser le bouton ‘Contact support’ de ce site afin d’ouvrir un ticket.
    Les problèmes de téléchargement sont soit liés au manque d’espace et là le message d’erreur l’indique, soit le répertoire de téléchargment n’existe plus, soit il n’est plus possible d’y écrire.
    Si tu es passé sur Android 4.4 et que tu sauvegardais sur carte SD, dans ce cas là ça ne pourra plus fonctionner car les apps ne peuvent plus écrire sur la carte SD à l’exception de leur répertoire dédié. Tout est expliqué dans les FAQ de ce site

13. Disable the warning when Google Play is not installed

I don't use Google Play on my device because it eats my RAM, sends my location to everywhere and blocks up space.

Podcastaddict works fine without it, but it remembers me EVERY TIME I get on the homescreen that I don't have Google Play. Please give me an option to disable this, it is annoying! :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Google ads are now delivered through the google play services. You must install them because everything now go through them. This is the way google is making sure every device out there is updated. Sorry but the only option to disable this is to install the google play service (ram is no issue at all and it sends the location only to authorized applications) or to stop using the app. You can also buy the ad free version but I definitely don’t want this to be forced on user.
    Google play services are supposed to be install everywhere and google is forcing every developer to use them for ad, GPS, cloud access, google authentication… By august every app using admob will be required to switch to google play service

Xavier

14. retry automatic downloads on failures

I have auto download enabled globally and often notice that some updated podcasts with new episodes don't get downloaded. I assume there was probably a network connection glitch that caused it to fail.

If there is such a situation, failed automatic downloads should get retried automatically the next time any podcast update occurs (whether timed or manually invoked).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Choix téléchargement

Bonjour il serait intéressant de pouvoir choisir quel podcast Télécharger automatiquement parce qu'il y a certain podcast que je ne télécharge pas forcément tout les jours et d'autre que j'écoute quotidiennement...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report bugs. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestion. you can use this website Contact support button to open a ticket.
    Nothing has been modified regarding this feature. Make sure you didn’t disabled settings/player/external controls

17. filetypes virtual podcast

Make any filetype visible in virtzal podcasts.
    Discovered while looking for .flv files

Regards

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Icon Settings

I noticed in the Notification Drawer where there is the playing icon, it now is a simple play and pause icon and it makes me wonder if there could possibly be a way to toggle old and new icons for the app and for the notification drawer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. since version 2.9.1 i am not able to download new episodes. only streaming is available

since version 2.9.1 i am not able to download new episodes. only streaming is available

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestion.
    Please use this website contact support button to open a ticket.
    But I’m guessing the issue has nothing to do with the app. Did you receive an android update recently? Were you storing your episodes on the SD card?
    If so android apps can not longer write to the ad card except in their dedicated folder. Please take a look at the app FAQ and follow the instruction (settings/faq) to solve the issue.
    Thx

20. Issues while running the app in background

While using the app in background as a service, it first works correctly but after a while when I open another app it stops until I close the app. I even can't lock my phone because it stops the reproduction. The rest, works like a charm!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please open a ticket using this site Contact support button in case of an issue. This current section is dedicated to new feature suggestion.

Most of the app crash and freeze are currently caused by a bug in the Google Play Services (used to display Ad Banner).
    Google finally announced yesterday that they fixed it and that they will deploy the new version next week. After that I’m guessing those issues will be fixed.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base