General

1. Move the delete episode button

For downloaded episodes, the "delete episode" button is just below the "add to playlist" button and there is no "Are you sure?" Prompt after so it is too easy to accidently delete shows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "New Episodes" screen > swipe episode to download (right) or "mark as read" (left)

As an Android user of Podcast Addict, I refresh my podcast feed (over 30 subscriptions) once or twice a week. In my configuration, this presents a list of 15-20 entries on the "new episodes" page.

I manually download the episodes I'm interested in, and mark the ones I'm not interested in as "read".

Problem: a user must select an episode on the New Episodes screen, launch the episode's screen, then select either "download" or "mark read" on the screen.

It would be really useful to have a shortcut feature on the main New Episode screen which allows me to quickly…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow sharing from the playlist and recycle bin

It would be useful to have the same sharing options when long pressing on an episode in the playlist or recycle bin views as you do in the 'normal' podcast view.

Often I'll want to share a specific podcast to someone after I have listened to it, at which point it's in the recycle bin and so I have to restore it, share it then delete it again.

It would also be nice if the sharing could be overhauled to be more intuitive but maybe that's another suggestion!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically mark episodes older than ... as played

I'm subscribed to serveral "News" Podcasts, some of them updating their feed every hour.

I'm not interested in hourly news from 12 hours ago and they clutter the "unplayed episodes" list, a per-podcast setting to automatically either "Mark all but the latest episode as played" or "Mark episodes older than n hours/days/month as played" would be very convenient.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subscription History

I know of the ‘Playback history’ in Settings/Sliding menu"… but that only shows playback history of podcasts you have listened to, that are currently downloaded … a "Subscription History" would be great. I've had SO many audiobooks downloaded, & then deleted because keeping them once listened to, takes up way too much space in phone… but when I'm searching for new podcasts/audiobooks, there's no way to tell if I've downloaded it previously. If there was something like a little icon in the thumbnail corner (like the green tick), that appears on any podcast you've ever listened to, it'd save precious…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Download certain amount of episodes from custom playlists

I have multiple custom playlists, and I want to download a couple of episodes from every playlist.

A menu where you could specify the amount of episodes to automatically download from every custom playlist would do the trick

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Attach user-definable and combinable tags to podcasts

I keep a huge library of podcasts on a lot of topics.
    More and more I begin to find it difficult to find related podcasts from different sources.

For documents I use the extremely helpful CamScanner-App, which uses user definable and combinable tags, which it adds to a document. So, if I search for a document I only need to check the most likely tags to get the docs grouped according to my own criteria.
    I do not think of a kind of playlist, as a playlist combines podcasts together in one list with one idea of its purpose.
    A…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Respect synchronization setting in Android

PodcastAddict should respect Android's Synchronization setting and not try to update podcasts when the option is turned off.
    This option is used system-wide to save data and/or battery when necessary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Optional End Time in Bookmark

Currently bookmark has the input for starting time. Consider to include the option for end time in the bookmark, and also option to repeat within the timeframe. This is useful when we just want to listen to a certain segment within the podcast. We can also listen repeatedly within the segment. This feature is useful for learning languages by repetitive listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for a consistent notification style regardless of what podcast is playing (disable album artwork in notification)

It would be nice if I could always have the notification look the same regardless of what I am listening to. Right now if I listen to a podcast with red artwork, the notification bar turns red, but if I listen to a podcast with a black album artwork, the notification is black. I never care what the artwork is, I want the notification to be back (to match my system theme).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a toggle update on/off in the manage subscriptions menu

In the manage subscriptions menu where all podcasts are listed, it would be handy to have the ability to toggle updates instead of having to go to each podcast separately.

I've looked for this option in the app but can't find it if it does exist.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Append playlist to youtube urls

It would be great when you open a youtube video from a playlist PA would append ?list= with with playlist id imported into PA

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Swipe right in main screen that temporary moves podcast to the end of list

First and foremost…Great App!!!

Idea: Many times, I find myself screening episodes in podcasts I recently screened and that have not uploaded new episodes (podcasts sort by publication date in the main screen). I suggest having a swipe-right option in the main screen that would move the swiped podcast to the end of the list until a new episode of that podcast is uploaded. It would help manage podcasts on the main screen and avoid unnecessary podcast reviewing.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pixel 4 project Soli based navigation

Need extra options for skip forward/backward/stop or ffwd/rewind/stop comtrols

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unchecking "Podcast header" in settings should not also hide the episode filter.

In version 2020.2d, to hide the header on the Podcast Episodes list, you can uncheck "Podcast header" in settings>display>podcasts, but this also hides the filter drop-down, search icon and episode count. I would like to retain these functions while hiding the header.

Alternatively, a filter option could be added to the podcast's menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto update settings

To select auto update for individual podcasts. I usually set them all to update in the evening.. but one always posts in the afternoon.. would love that to select that to auto download during the work day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate back/forward control settings

When listening to a podcast or audiobook, I use the back button on my headset or in the car to rewind back a few seconds to hear something I missed. But when I use the forward button, it's to skip to the end of the chapter/episode to get to the next file. But the settings won't let me set up back to rewind a few seconds and forward to skip to next. They are either both rw/ff or skip to previous/skip to next. Could you split them so they can be set individually?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add costum duration for automated rewind

There is fixe Max of 5min. We could have a costum duration or add longer time lenght

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Playlist with radio and podcast

It would be nice if we could add a radio stream at the end of a playlist so when the podcasts are over, the sound won't stop.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base