General

1. Alternative (simpler) cross-device/platform functionality

While it would be great to have true cross-device/platform syncing, I am sensitive to the potential complexity of such functionality.

Assuming that Xavier isn't close to bringing us a proper bi-directional cross-platform solution, I would like to suggest an alternative which may be acceptable to many of the people who have asked for cross-device syncing at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/4115735 and a desktop version at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/6531942.

Namely:
    That a primary-secondary model be created.
    One Android device would be configured as the primary device. All other Android devices and desktop or web applications would be secondary.
    The primary device would be responsible for…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Listening Statistics

Add the Date since when the Statistics are Listet.
    Its nice to look my Listening Time up. But i cant Filter (?) it to Year and Month.
    For Example:
    I would like to Narrow my Listening Statisitcs down to the last Month or my Yearly Time. I am using PodcastAddict few Years and i am at 174 Days. But cant figure out how much i listened this Year.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow overriding "add to playlist position" for individual podcasts.

Most of my podcasts I'm happy to be put at the end of my playlist when they come out and I listen when I get round to them. Some though, I like to listen as soon as they come out.
    Allowing individual override of this setting would make the playlist do this automatically for me.
    I think fussing with the priority options may achieve the same effect, but I use priority to organise the display.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Downloaded" as sort criteria

Add a "Downloaded" (without the date) as one of the available sort criterias so we can actually put the downloaded episodes first and then sort them by priority or by publication date. Right now the only way to sort downloaded episodes first is to use the download date criteria, which doesn't allow for a secondary sort criteria.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No old random podcasts

Exclude podcasts that haven't been updated in the past 31 days from the list of random picks in the subscriptions section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable rating without Google Drive.

Enable rating (i.e., 1 to 5 stars) podcast episodes, without being required to sign into Google Drive. I will not use Google Drive. I hope to continue rating Podcast Addict with 5 stars.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pause when phone is face down

I use to listen podcasts in bed, and would be good to have some way to stop playing turning the phone face down or another "phisical" easy way.
    To turn on the screen really hurts my eyes!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Podcast Addict for iOS

Hi Xavier

I would love to see an iOS version of this app. I have over 72 days listening time on this app and nothing on iOS compares. I know this has been posted and I've put my votes on them.
    I read in a previous suggestion that the reason there isn't is because it's just a side project. Well, I also see that it isn't anymore and being a SW Engineer myself maybe I can even help if that's what you need to get this into iOS.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Ben

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Minimum time threshold to be considered "in progress"

In the "episodes in progress" display, there are lots of episodes that have only a few seconds started. I want to be to set a threshold of a minimum listening time (10 seconds) before the app considers it really in progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tweak "playback in progress" filter to not display episodes with a few seconds left that are marked as played

If I look at my "playback in progress" tab, I have hundreds of playlists that have played like, 56 out of 57 minutes of the episode. They were streamed, never downloaded. I can mark them as played and remove them from the playlist, but they still appear in the "episodes in progress" menu. Currently, the only way to satisfy my neurotic need to keep my podcasts organized is to every now and then go on, manually restart the episode from the last timestamp, fast forward to the end, and then try super quick to cancel the automatic jump to the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export podcast metadata to CSV file

Episode metadata (e.g., name, date, RSS address, show notes) and are not directly to users via the filesystem. I suggest adding a menu item to the "Downloaded Episodes" context menu ( e.g., after "Refresh content from RSS") that reads "Export episode metadata". Selecting this creates a CSV file, one line per selected episode, with the relevant app database fields.

This solution would allow users to easily create and search a database of information on episodes they've listened to, and to easily map episode name / date to file name, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feature request: Clicking on name in widget opens app

WIth the latest update, you can now hide album art in the widget (thanks!), but now there's no easy way to open the app. I suggest an option to make the podcast title clickable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Noter en favoris tous les épisodes d'un podcast

Je gagnerais beaucoup de temps, si on pouvait mettre en favoris tous les épisodes d'un podcast, au lieu de devoir le faire individuellement en sélectionnant chaque épisode l'un après l'autre.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notification quand nouvel épisode pour podcast favori

C'est une fonction qui me manque tous les jours depuis des années, pour être satisfaite à 100 % de l'appli.
    Il faudrait pouvoir mettre en favori un podcast (et pas seulement des épisodes).
    Et quand je fais la mise à jour, je voudrais recevoir une notification sur le téléphone, pour me prévenir de la publication de nouveaux épisodes pour ces podcasts que j'aurais mis en favoris et que je veux écouter en priorité.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a Car Mode Button on Player

In the player top bar, it would be handy to have an additionnal to quickly enable and disable Car Mode Display.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a button to quick favorite and/or bookmark podcast from notification bar

there's a favorite button in car mode, please consider adding one as well in normal phone mode

unlocking phone and navigating to find favorite button or even worse,adding bookmark while walking/ working ks really clunky.

it'd be a life so saver to have a small 🌟 in notification bar

thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote