General

1. Set Different Playback Speeds From Widget

Currently the speed widget acts only as a toggle between last playback speed and 1x. Would be nice if the widget gave 4-5 options to choose from similar to the quick access options that come up if you're in the physical app and go into playback speed options).

Quick access from widget makes sense as different podcasts can be played at different speeds (usually 1.1 or 1.2) comfortably and during ads it would be nice to have quick access to 5x.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fully custom categories (vs auto generated)

Every time I update my podcasts, the categories are automatically added whether I want them or not. I want the ability to ignore the podcast category label and create my own that I manage myself.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Back button update please!!

When I open the app and it pops up with the track I last played, I want to be able to hit the back button on my android device and have it go to the podcasts main page with all the episodes.

Everytime I open the app (usually from a widget) I hit the back button, cause I just finished a podcast and want choose something new, and it just closes the app. Please fix this as it is super frustrating to do something in 3 moves instead of 1! Especially when I am not able to do all 3…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Full Video Title

Can you add a feature to show the full video title on the screen when playing videos?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove "you may also like"

Provide an option to remove the "you may also like" section at the bottom of feed episode descriptions. If this has to be a premium feature, fine.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support sorting by track number for imported virtual folder audiobooks

While you can sort by tag/filename/etc. you can not sort by track number. This means I am unable to import any audiobooks that play chronologically in order and renders the feature unusable.

Please add support for sorting by track number in single and double digit format and scrape track numbering from file tags.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quick Scroll button too narrow

Quick Scroll button is too narrow to be used on phones with curved displays margins, especially if the phone is in a protective case. I'd suggest to increase its width.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow to set download date (and possibly other attributes) manually

Oftentimes, longer episodes, belonging together, are split into multiple smaller ones. They, however, are sometimes mixed up with regards to their download/publish date and show up out of order in the (automatically sorted) playlist. Manually setting some attributes per episode would help here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep player interface for casting

I see there was an earlier idea about "not going full-screen", but I was wondering if it's possible to keep the main player interface when we go back - I.e. opening the notification, or Player from the sidebar.

The cast player is very inferior, has almost no features we're used to from Addict :(

If not, is it technically possible to change that screen instead of using the default Cast UI?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A better way to alternate podcasts in playlist

Currently when one channel has way more older podcasts than the others in the same priority they are organized:

AAAAAAAAABABABAB

It would be better if instead it went:

AAABAAABAAABAAAB

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make new downloaded episodes appear in the same order that the podcasts are ordered?

Perhaps there's a way to do this, but I haven't found it...

When I look at my podcasts list, I can drag them into the order I want, say Radiolab, then This American Life, then Frontburner.

When new episodes are downloaded, I have them automatically appear in my playlist. I'd like them to appear in the same order as the podcasts. So if a Radiolab episode gets downloaded, it should be at the top of the playlist, followed by any This American Life episodes, followed by any Frontburner episodes.

Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance the sleep feature

It would be great if the sleek feature could be enhanced in the following ways:

• Allow for shaking the phone to extend the timer (or reset it to the configured time) at any point while the timer is on. Use case: if I have for instance two minutes left on the timer and I'm still very awake, I either need to open up the app and manually reset the timer, or wait for two minutes to extend it. This would allow an easy shake to set it up so I can focus on sleep.

• Add option for a sound to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make lock screen widget permanent

Currently, lock screen widget disappears if the player has stopped and the screen goes dark. Please add a feature allowing the widget to permanently stay on the lock screen. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. if a podcast supports seasons, show that on the podcast page

Some podcasts (especially audio dramas) have seasons to their content. Many of them use the iTunes markup in their rss feed to designate which season and episode from that season it is.

Example: https://rss.art19.com/proof

It would be awesome to have "folders" that could be expanded or collapsed accordion style for each season of that podcast.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. remember scrolling position

can you implement that the app remembers the scrolling position / the scrolling offset in the episode list for each podcast. i like to listen to old episodes, so when i scroll down in the episode list and listen to an old episode and then in done and wanna listen to the next episode after the old one, then i have to scroll all the way down again. it would be good if the player would remember where i am in the episode list, so i always can jump right to where i last time stopped listening.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get rid of the suggested podcast screen

I want to keep the episode description through the ENTIRE podcast. It disappears halfway through to show me recommended podcasts, which is infuriating to me. I've searched the settings to try to get the description back, but if it exists I can't find it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove pre-set category tag

A global setting to remove pre-defined category tags for new podcasts by default.

The podcasts/podcast providers own category rarely fits your own system.
    If you doesn't only listen to English pods, but multiple languages, the pre-defined categories become chaos very fast and unusable as every category will exist in different languages with different pods in each.
    It's quite a lot of work sorting it with deleting, ending up just using undefined and scrolling through it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter by day of the week

Some pods like bbc woman's hour, and farming today have omnibus editions on a Saturday which pulls from the previous Monday to Friday episodes. I'd like to filter out the Saturday episode.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base