General

1. Multi-episode playlist movement

Hey, I've been using Podcast Addict for years now, and I love it. This is just some minor thing that I think would be nice.

The minor problem is that I download a handful of episodes, and then move them around individually on the playlist.

I feel like a straightforward solution is to click and hold the movement-thing on the left for 1 second to enable the multi-selection, select the episodes, and then drag them around with the outer box.

Typing this up, I realize I have no idea if the multi-selection has a similar background to the playlist selection…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add the option to automatically refresh every 6 hours.

4 hours is too frequent, 8 hours too infrequent. An automatic refreshing every 6 hours would be just my sweet spot! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a visual indicator to the podcast list for podcasts with overwrite global options enabled

This should make it easier to review some podcast settings instead of having to remember which have custom settings or going through them individually.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add subcategories to podcasts

Some podcasters, especially those with "seasons" and with premium subcriptions don't maintain a standard naming convention over the years and sorting by date published doesn't work if they remove episodes and re-post them in a private feed.

Categories is a good idea for podcasts but for episodes, you have to update one by one if you're adding to say, "Season 1" because the batch selection options dont allow for such change.

For example, dan carlins episode sets could be categorized and i could select a "set" and then pick an episode from it. It's essentially the same structure as the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a new menu option to send the unmodified episode URL to other apps

Allow users to share the episode URL of a podcast with other Android apps, such that Podcast Addict can be used to manage podcasts but a remote system can be used for playback. The two current sharing options don't allow for this: the "Share -> Episode URL (Twitter)" menu option adds text that makes it hard for other software to interpret, and the "Share -> Play with an external player" will share a local 'content://' link instead of the download link if the podcast has been downloaded within Podcast Addict.

One use case for this is sending podcasts to an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to setup the path and drive destination of the download

It would be great if we could chose, via an explorer, the folder and drive destination instead of the pre-fix paths in internal or external.

As an example my device have 2 SD cards and I cannot chose the one that I want to use, neither a path for better organization or audio "folders".

Having a fixed option, as internal or external, is too much restricted facing some users hardware (Android Head Units, Auto, etc).

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add bottom spacer

If i have the playlist window open and then click the home button I sometimes accidentally select a later episode on the playlist instead (last visible playlist is <1/4" from home button). Some small spacer or dead zone would prevent this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search across podcasts I'm subscribed to

The search within a podcast is helpful. I listen to a lot of movie podcasts and so I listen to them after I've watched the movie. Therefore I don't listen to podcasts in order. Sometimes I forget which podcast has reviewed a movie, so I have to search in each podcast. It would be cool to be able to just search once across all of the podcasts I'm subscribed to. Love the app and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to remove episodes from device withOut losing them in the playlist

I just want to be able to delete withOUT dequeue from my playlist, so that while my playlist may get long (especially since there's the one playlist to manually work with), the amount of downloaded episodes doesn't have to eat up all my device space.

This way I could comfortably queue up and select episodes I want to get to over the upcoming days+, and if there get too be too many downloaded then I can remove those from download without losing them in my playlist.

Also wish we could merge duplicate/similar Feedback suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove available but not downloaded podcasts from PA

First.. I'm really glad that you managed to get Google to put your app back in the store. I realize that you probably needed to sacrifice a black iPhone10S but I'm happy it worked.

Ok. My idea (I've looked in the settings pretty throughly but couldn't find what I was looking for) ... I subscribe to 2 0r 3 podcasts that I only listen to when I see an episode of particular interest. When that happens, I manually download the single episode of interest and it automagically gets added to one of my custom playlists.

What I would really like…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to offer bookmarks with different format or colors

I would like to identify fastly my casts by language. Then, I would like to mark English by a blue bookmark, and Spanish by a red bookmark. Then, I can onganize when I was playing downloaded episodes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display what has been bookmarked not just the episodes

Display or list keywords bookmarked under-neath the name of the episode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an option remove downloaded episodes from the device without deleting them from the feed.

From what I've been able to work out, if you delete downloaded episodes, you have to manually add them all back into the feed. It would be great to be able to remove the episodes from the device without deleting them from the feed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implement drag select for quick multi selection

Could you implement something like this (like google photos has) to make it easy to manage multiple episodes (e.g. delete, mark played)
    GitHub - MFlisar/DragSelectRecyclerView: TouchListener that can be attached to any RecyclerView and handles multi selection for you
    https://github.com/MFlisar/DragSelectRecyclerView

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Silence Skipping – Adjustable Silence Duration

tl;dr:
    I think it would be wonderful to have an adjustable min…max time consideration setting for silence skipping.

Detail:
    Although very useful, most podcasts sound odd and rushed with the current silence skipping setting. I think having an adjustable meter that allows a user to define the minimum amount of acceptable silence before skipping occurs would be wonderful.

It would allow for podcasts with this setting to sound more natural while also removing those unnecessary silences that often occur between commercials, chapters, etc.

It may also satisfy these posts:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/35799070-shorten-the-skip-silence-trigger-duration-so-that
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17267549-skip-silence-attack-control

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Une PWA

Un site ou une application web qui peut devenir une appli installable facilement sur Windows (l'app Twitter de Windows en est une), Android ou via un OS qui supporte Chrome (.. donc Linux aussi) ou Safari sous iOS (partiellement).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feature Request: Muting Podcasts

Hi!
    I would suggest to implement the possibility to mute podcasts (only manual refresh) more easily and the these muted subscription were marked with a symbol on their cover.

Tank You very much in advance!

Yours,
    Markus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the date in artist-notification to be optional

The date in the artist field of PA’s notification causes scrobbling apps to submit odd artists to last.fm. Is it possible to make this optional?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base