Skip to content

General

2329 results found

1. Add screen edge gestures to the playback screen to control playback speed, volume, fast forward, rewind, and more

Create the ability for users to slide their finger up and down the edge of their screen to control things. You can let users define the options as to what is controlled. For example, sliding up the left edge could fast forward, and sliding down the left edge could rewind. Sliding up the right edge could increase the playback speed and sliding down the right edge could decrease the playback speed. Check out Moon Reader app for great examples of how those developers have implemented something like this. Podcast Addict is the best player on the market. Please keep up…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. remove the connecting to ... dialog

Hi everyone, plase cosider removing the connecting to dialog which appears after tapping the play button, in some cases it takes upto 10 seconds to connect and play the episode depending on connection speed. so this dialog blocks any activity on the app until it starts or fails to play, which is very annoying, I can add other episodes to the playlist or browse other podcasts in this 10 seconds.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. lock on app screen

Not on the widget, but on the app screen itself.

I'm not sure if my fingers are just too fat or I'm being too impatient, but I press the forward button on accident all the time. I know I could remove the forward button altogether, but I still use it. I'm wishing for something similar to the lock on Smart Audiobook Player (link below), where enabling the lock disables the other buttons on the app screen (or something to that effect). I hope that makes sense, and I apologize in advance if someone else has asked this question and I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create Radio Playlist/Reminder based on program start/stop schedule

• Provide feature like a STB to schedule a reminder based on date/time of favorite radio programs, editable by the user, to notify user prior to radio program start.

• Provide radio playlist that enables users to automatically switch from one radio stream to another based on schedule or time duration to create their own programming based on 15/30 minute or 1 hour standard times.

• Provide radio recording feature for radio playlist with encrypted files only playable through your playlist player allowing the creation of customizable user radio programming that automatically switches between downloaded radio streams.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Second layer sorting

Would it be possible to add a kind of second layer sorting so that it would be possible to sort by priority first and then sort them inside the priority in a specific manner (e.g. ascending by date instead of the current descending by date)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mark old episodes as played and remove from playlist

Use case: I set Podcast Addict to add new episodes to the playlist, but not necessarily download them in advance. I want to mark old episodes as played (like old news that I didn't get around to listen to; I don't need them anymore after 1 week). Unfortunately, the settings "Delete older episodes" and "Mark Played on deletion" do not seem to apply for these. I would like to see these enhancements:

1. A global and per-podcast option "Mark older episodes as played"
    2. An option (global? Per-podcast?) to remove episodes which have been marked as played (by whatever means) from the…
    18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto playback progress reset

Add a setting, which would automatically reset the playback progress and/or delete downloaded episodes, if they haven't been listened to in more than 30 days and are not marked as a favorite.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option to hide episode covers and/or episode description

Add an option to choose whether to show or not the episode covers (if I've shown podcast banner it doesn't make much sense to show the same cover all over again if it doesn't change) and to show or not only the episode title, hiding their description so we can see more episodes per page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic volume level control of episodes in playlist

Episodes from different podcasts are mastered at different volume settings. It would be good to have an automatic volume level control, so that all episodes in playlist play back at the same volume level.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Put an icon on podcasts that aren't part of grouped updates

There is a custom setting that allows you to allow a podcast to not be part of the grouped updates. I'd like some kind of denotation on the podcast icon that shows it isn't updated with the others, so I know to manually update it when I want to (maybe the circular arrows with a line through them). This would be for podcasts that aren't made anymore but you'd want to check every once in a while, instead of with the rest of the active podcasts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the user to close the player notification with the close all notifications button.

Ever since the recent update that changed the notification behaviour in such a way that closing it is not done by swiping but by hitting the X in the notification the close all notifications button doesn't close the player notification. This has broken my automate script that closes all my notifications, including the player, when I turn off my car and the Bluetooth disconnects.
    Please add the option to swipe the notification away back in along with the X button, maybe as a setting if some users don't want it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Jump Ahead & Rewind buttons

Google Podcast app has a +30 second and a -10 second button. These are super helpful. Please include in your app which is otherwise much better. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show remaining time for podcasts

Just like each podcast icon has a counter for unheard podcasts, It could be nice to also have the remaining time. The orange triangle with the number in the top right corner could have an additional box in one of the other corners with the remaining playing time (days,hours,minutes)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have a "mark episode skipped" button

I have several podcasts that i listen to on a semi regular basis. So there are episodes that i don't wanna listen to.
    I want to be able to mark them as skipped so the tag (number of episodes left) on the podcast will read the actual amount i have left to listen to and also know the episodes i skipped if i ever wanna go back to them

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add settings for Chromecast

Right now playback for Chromecast forces app to go full screen and only allows increments of 30 seconds for rewind/fast forward. It would be nice to have the same settings for the normal player ported over. I understand Google may be responsible for some playback settings, but can we at least toss the full screen.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stream podcasts to Windows PC

I would like to see an option to be able to playback my podcasts on a Windows PC. The use case happens literally every day for me and is probably what will ultimately lead me to use a different solution than podcast addict when it becomes available:

Making dinner, I want to listen to podcasts on my home speakers system, which is fed by my Windows PC. Currently, I use Itunes to play podcasts on my PC, which means that afterwards I have to manually delete the episodes on my phone, since there is no way for podcast addict to…

460 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alternate podcast feeds

Make it possible to shuffle two podcast streams together so that they alternate one episode from one feed and one from the other.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort Downloaded Episodes By Podcast

Maybe I'm missing an option that exists already, but I can't seem to find a way to sort the downloaded episodes of 'all podcasts' by the podcasts themselves. Meaning I want to have all of my downloaded episodes of 'Radio Lab' together, then all my episodes of 'Comedy Bang Bang' together, and so on.

In terms of then how you would sort which podcasts comes first, I guess you could just have it be done alphabetically. I honestly don't care how the podcasts are ordered, I just want the episodes to be next to each together.

Thanks, great app, long…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add episode flag 'ignored'

I suggest you add an episode flag 'ignored', which you can use to mark episodes you aren't interested in. These don't show up in the unheard episodes count, but you distinguish them from the ones you have heard. This is especially useful for factual podcasts with one theme per episode or interview podcasts, where you are only interested in certain episodes.

260 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General