Skip to content

General

2334 results found

1. Restore switching between podcast list and playlist

In an earlier version, by tapping the heading next to the 'hamburger' icon, I was able to switch between the Podcast List and the Playlist. Tapping it while in the Player screen took me back to the Playlist.
    This functionality was extremely helpful while driving and navigating episodes.
    Consider restoring it? Keep the hamburger fly-out menu, but make the heading switch between the playlist and podcast list?

Thanks!!
    (p.s. thank you for letting me know about my other 'suggestion' about migration. And thank you for the app!! I use it daily, and I love it!!)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export a snapshot of PA for migration to a new device

I am upgrading to a new phone. When I did this before, I had to go through and manually write down all of the podcasts to which I was subscribed, which episodes I had listened to, etc.
    I'd love to be able to export this information to a file which I can then take with me and import on my new device. Importing this file would resubscribe to all the podcasts, as well as mark the same episode in that feed as read, and ideally redownload the playlist.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alarm

You have a sleep option, but you should have an alarm option. I'd love to wake up to the channels I'm subscribed to!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug telechargement auto des épisodes

Depuis peu sur n'importe quel podcast les épisodes ne se telechargent plus automatiquement. Aucune modification des paramètres de mon côté

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci de ne pas utiliser cette page pour soumettre des bugs. Cette page est dédiée aux demandes d’évolutions.
    Tu peux utiliser le bouton ‘Contact support’ ou le formulaire de bug dispo dans Paramètres/Feedback/Rapporter un bug.

Concernant le problème, quelle version de l’app utilises tu ?

Merci

Xavier

6. random shutting down

The last couple of days the app had been randomly shutting itself down during the playback of downloaded episodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the page Contact support button or the bug report form available in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug instead.

Regarding the issue, which android version and device are you using ?

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Use the page Contact support button or the bug report form available in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug instead.

Regarding the issue, what do you mean by they are not working exactly ? What happens when you press them ?
    Playback is handled by the device built-in player.
    So if the device doesn’t fully support the file encoding, changing playback position might fail.

8. Explicitly notify user if connected to wrong Wi-Fi

If cell is not available (no tower or Wi-Fi only configured) and Wi-Fi is connected, but not to a network listed in the Wi-Fi filter, and one or more of the networks listed in the Wi-Fi filter is "in range" but not currently connected, throw up a notification suggesting the user change the Wi-Fi connection and then try PA again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Minor Bug with the Play/Pause button

This: http://imgur.com/cRP2t56. Left to the 'remove from playlist' button is a play/pause button, which always stays in its play form even when it should be a pause button.

I am fully aware that this is purely aesthetic and has no priority at all. Just wanted to let you know its out there waiting patiently to get fixed.

Keep up the awesome work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use the page Contact support or the bug report form available in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug instead.

This isn’t the bug. This button image won’t change. It’s just used to start playing the displayed episode. The playback controls are available at the bottom of the screen in the player bar.

10. do not resume podcast paused by use

Hi,

If I manually pause a podcast for whatever reason, receiving a call will resume that paused episode at hang up. I would prefer if that only happens I the call itself was the initiator of the pause action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app only resumes playback when it has been paused automatically. If playback resumes on its own after you paused it manually it means that the device or a 3rd party app sends a ‘play’ remote control which then triggers the playback.
    You need to find the device setting/app which does that in order to solve the issue

Xavier

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is to add/vote for feature request. Please don’t use it to report a bug. Use the dedicated ‘Report a bug’ entry in the app Settings/Feedback or use this website contact support button.

Regarding the issue, my guess is that you’re on Android 5.0.×. If so, this is one of the many bug of Android Lollipop. It should be solved with the 5.1.x upgrade.

Xavier

12. Be able to favourite episodes from podcasts we might not want to be subscribed to

Sometimes I wish to favourite particular episodes of certain podcasts so that I can give them a listen later for some reason or another, but at the same time do not want to subscribe to that podcast anymore.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Player behaviour on reaching end of episode has changed

This seems to have changed in the past month or two... I used to be able to scroll to the end of a podcast in the player by dragging the progress bar at the bottom all the way to the right. (In other words, NOT by pressing the "next" skip button, which should, and does remember the current position.) This acted exactly as if the podcast had reached the end: the episode would be deleted (as I have that option selected in settings), dequeued, and the player would automatically play the next episode.

Lately, however, all that happens is that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Nothing has been changed. But depending on the episode duration and your gesture speed this is normal that it might not delete the episode.
    If you want to skip to the next episode while deleting the current one, please long press on the next episode button.

14. I suggest that you fix the 'contact support' button on this website so that I can report my issue to you!

My app is not refreshing podcasts - at first I thought no new ones were being published, but when I check the podcasts's actual websites, new episodes are available, they are just not showing up in Podcast Addict. This is after manually hitting the 'refresh' button for the podcast. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What do you mean by “I suggest that you fix the ‘contact support’ button on this website so that I can report my issue to you!” ?

Please use this website Contact support button to report a bug or the dedicated bug report form available through the app : Settings/Feedback/Report a bug

Regarding the issue the app displays the full content of the RSS feeds you subscribed to. If you don’t see new episodes after an update it means that nothing has been published to the RSS feed you subscribed to.
    They might be avialble on the website, but if the podcast owner forgets to update the RSS feed then apps won’t get the new episodes.
    Please contact me with the podcast RSS feeds urls so I can help you.

Thanks

15. video cannot put into playlist anymor

No matter automatically or manually
    It happens suddenly after last update and without change setting
    But those episodes were downloaded and playable.
    Responds is “no episode added” during add to playlist

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the contact support button or the app dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue, you can still add video to the playlist. Just make sure you didn’t disable the app internal video player (Settings/Player/Video player). Please let me know if it now works fine.

16. que se muestre la linea de tiempo

Tengo un lg g pro lite y tengo muchos problemas con la reanudacion de epusodios. Los retoma varios minutos antes de donde quedó. En la barra que indica el progreso, al reanudar se ve claramente como brinca hacia atras. Si pudiera ver la linea de tiempo en su formato hh:mm:ss podria avanzar de forma manual hasta el momento exacto donde se quedo el episodio.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests.
    Use the Contact Support button or the bug report form in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug instead.
    Regarding the issue I didn’t understand the Google translation.
    Sorry but I only speak French and English

Xavier

17. updates

It's great that there's so many updates on the app, but it's hard to keep up with all of them. It would be nice if there was a convenient user friendly way to view discriptions of all the past and current updates from the app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove top banner from list view

The list view banner is far too big.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why does Podcast Addict sometimes try to stream episodes I've already downloaded started listening to?

Occasionally, I'll download an episode of a podcast over Wifi to my local storage, an SD card. I'll disable Wifi, and start listening to the episode in the car, using the downloaded version. Then, the next day, I'll start the episode again in the car from where it left off, and instead of continuing to play the downloaded version, Podcast Addict will complain that is cannot stream the episode over Wifi, and then fail to play the episode at all.

Is there something I'm doing wrong. Why doesn't Podcast Addict always play the downloaded version?

When I stop the car,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use the Contact support button or the for in Settings/Feedback/Report a bug in case of an issue.

Regarding the issue, if the app try to stream an episode it means that the episode isn’t downloaded.
    It can be that the episode has been deleted manually or automatically based on your Automatic cleanup settings. It can also be that your SD card is corrupted which mean that Android will keep unmounting it so the app won’t have access to the file and will then consider it as non downloaded. In that case it won’t be able to play the local file even if the SD card is available because it’s now flagged as non downloaded. So turning the Wifi on will just stream the file unless you download it one more time.

FYI corrupted SD card…

20. Annoying bug on Galaxy Note 4

When I run Podcast Addict on my way to work in my car, I connect it via a standard headphone jack with my stereo. When I unplug the cable before pressing pause in the app, the phone instantly REBOOTS. This does not happen with any other audio apps, uninstalling and reinstalling PA did not help either.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use the page Contact support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the issue, an app can crash, but it can never make the device reboot. Only a ROM bug can do that. It means that the ROM has a bug in a standard Android API which makes the device crash when it’s called. There’s nothing I can do about that. Only a ROM update can fix this

Xavier

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base