Skip to content

General

2326 results found

1. correct button text for .sk language

In slovak language version is incorrect translated text of button in section for setting speed of plaing.
    There is button "Vypnúť" it mean 'go to off' but correct is"Vypnuté" it mean 'it is actually off'.

In slovak language version is incorrect translated text of button in section for setting speed of plaing.
    There is button "Vypnúť" it mean 'go to off' but correct is"Vypnuté" it mean 'it is actually off'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use this page Contact support button instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue there’s no such translation available in the app… The app is only available in english, french, german, italian, spanish portuguese and russian.
    So I don’t understand where this translation comes from… Did you install the app from the Play Store ?

2. Option to start app in playlist mode and have one touch button to clear and enqueue downloaded episodes

Would be great to have a default option to have the app start up to playlist screen. Then, in order to get rid of old episodes and add the most recent ones, would be good to have a one-touch "clear and enqueue" button (essentially combining the current "clear playlist" and "enqueue downloaded" options

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do that. Please follow the FAQ instructions to open the app on the screen of your choice.
    You can enqueue downloaded episodes and clear undownloaded episodes from the playlist screen, but the best way might be to enable automatic removal of episodes once they have been listen to and to enable automatic playlist for downloaded episodes

3. Would love to see a way to be able to log in for easier way of managing and syncing

Would love to see a way to be able to log in and have the ability to more easily manage/sync RSS feeds over multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Download progress status

Show how many podcasts are in the download queue, and for a downloading podcast, per cent complete and estimate of time to completion.
    I am often checking for new downloads prior to leaving a WiFi connection and need better information about how long that will take.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. please fix this bug

there is a bug that i get every once in a while. I press play and the podcast plays for less than a second then pauses. I press play again and it does the same thing. But if I mess with the settings and force close it a few times it starts working. Sorry I can't be more specific.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to request new features. In case if an issue use this page contact support button to open a ticket.

Regarfing the issue I have no idea what’s going on. The devuce built-in player is in charge if the playback. Please try playing the same file with the devuce player. To you have the same issue?
    Pl3ase give more details about the app version, devuce, android version…
    Thanks

9. There's no need to keep the Update service running in BG if I disabled the auto Upd and auto Download

Title says it all. I keep seeing this Podcast Addict Update Service running, but I update/download my podcasts manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stop app from causing phone to vibrate twice upon connecting to Bluetooth receiver (car audio)

The app causes the phone to vibrate whenever it gets connected to car's Bluetooth. This is annoying because the vibration is similar to receiving a phone call. There should be an option to disable this "feature". Experienced this on both Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 5. Doesn't happen after uninstalling podcast addict.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app doesn’t handle anything related to the sound output.
    The only vobration the app can do is if you enabled Vibrate in Settings/Notification, but it doesn’t do anything related to the playback.
    Moreover the app cannot interact with any other app,..

11. Add the ability to add episodes to a subscribed podcast by dragging them into the podcast's storage folder.

I have some episodes for podcasts that are no longer available through the podcast's rss feed. I want to be able to add them manually to the storage folder and have them appear with the subscribed podcast episodes.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Store subscriptions

so that when the phone has to be reset or a new phone is purchased, we don't have to start over searching a hundred different podcasts hoping we didn't for get any.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Connectio

Whenever i resume stream playback from the widget i get a connection failure error message and have to open the app to resume playback

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is dedicated to new feature request. Please use the page Contact Support button to open a ticket and give more details about the issue.

Regarding the issue, what’s the exact error message displayed ?
    Are you streaming or playing downloaded files ?
    Please add those information in the ticket

Thanks

14. bug report: failed downloads aren't retried

I've noticed that I have a lot of episodes listed but not downloaded. This even though I have repeatedly hit the "podcast update" button. It looks like if an episodes fails to download I must manually select the episode to download it. This is very frustrating when I have hundreds of failed downloads.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Downloads are always retried, in case there’s a connection issue on the device. But they aren’t retried when there’s a server issue. In that case downloading it manually will fail as well, unless you wait some time and the podcast server issue has been fixed.
    I don’t understand why you’re also talking about the update button. Updating the feed won’t change anything to the way episodes are downloaded.

Unless you’re talking about feed update and not episode download…

Anyway, this page is dedicated to new feature request. Please use the page Contact Support button to open a ticket and give more details about the issue.
    Are you having error messages ? What are the feed RSS url ? …

Thanks

15. Give a list of supported external players.

In one of my subscriptions there is an occasional video podcast. The internal player says that it doesn't support the format (its an mp4). I have several other apps that can play videos on my phone but I can only choose 1 other one, which happens to be quickpic. I know the video works because I can copy it to my compute and play it just fine. Is there a list somewhere that says what's compatable with pa?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you press the menu entry to play an episode using a 3rd party player, Android will automatically display the list of apps installed supporting this file extension. It doesn’t means necessarily that they will be able to play the file, but they can play file with the same extension.
    You can try MX Player or VLC which aren’t using the device built-in mediaplayer service so they support more encoding.

16. Add Variable Speed Playback as a custom option on a per Podcast basis

I recently moved over from using BeyondPod, which has this functionality. I generally like to listen to podcasts at 1.2 speed, but a few podcasts I listen to are primarily music, so I would like to set these at 1.0 speed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pause when GPS talks

Some other apps like tunein have a better system concerning other apps using sound in the same time.

I often use your app on motorcycle and when my gps is talking, both sounds are simultaneous. So I understand none of them.
    A pause/play feauture in that case will be great.

Furthermore when i receive a call, the podcast don't always unpause after it.

Last point, when I call someone, the podcast never unpause after it.

Thanks for your great app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app follows Android best practice for the Audio focus. You can still change the default behavior in Settings/Player if you want the app to pause in case of a short audio notification.
    The app will resume playback after a phone call except if you disconnected a headset during the phone call or if Android killed the app to free some resources

18. include native sonos support.

Any plans to add native songs support? Playing through podcast addict allows for a much better experience and the ability to take advantage of all its great features!

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, it looks like in order to be able to connect and stream to a Sonos device, the content would need to be hosted on Podcast Addict Servers. Because of this restriction, this feature won’t be available in Podcast Addict…

19. stopped playing previously known files. The player used to play outside files not just Podcast Addict files. now it won't play them

After the update is stopped playing both my audio and video files from Great Courses. What happened? Now it won't play anything that is not PA file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature suggestions.
    Please use this website Contact support button to open a ticket instead.
    I don’t understand what you mean by ‘it won’t play anything that is not PA file’ ?
    What’s great course ? Why isn’t it a PA file ?

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cette page est utilisée pour proposer de nouvelles fonctionnalités. En cas de problème merci d’utiliser le bouton ‘Contact support’ de la page.
    Merci de donner plus d’information à propos du problème. Que veut dire: ‘impossible de naviguer’ ? Dans quel écran es tu ?
    Merci

Xavier

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base