General

1. Include the ability to make different playlists

Instead of just having the one playlist you can create by adding episodes, have the ability for multiple separate playlists. Then I could have one for the news/informational podcasts, and one for comedy podcasts, as I often am only in the mood to listen to one type or the other.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow different sort order for recent vs downloaded lists

Currently the Order by sort configuration can be set for the "Recent episodes" list - e.g. by publication date. However this also affects "Downloaded episodes".
    It would be great to allow different sort ordering of these lists - e.g. sort recent episodes by publication date, but sort downloaded episodes by download date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Users mark ads

Create button that allows users to mark beginning and end of ad during podcast. Users opt-in to sharing this info with other users. Users can then opt to allow playback to automatically fast-forward through ads (as marked and shared by other users). Kind of like Waze allowing users to share locations of hazards, speed traps, etc. As every user's mark would be slightly different, would need to just average the input.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Player sur l'écran verrouillé

Bonjour, j'ai un Xiaomi redmi note 7 et j'aimerais avoir l'affichage du player quand je suis sur l'écran verrouillé afin de pouvoir mettre en pause ou en lecture sans déverrouiller...
    Merci

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable us to leave reviews.

Why can't we leave reviews?

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iPhone version needed!

I switched to iPhone from Android and prefer it overall but I was really bummed when I realized Podcast Addict is Android-only :(

Please release it for iPhone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Permit special characters in an episode search or filter

I subscribe to a podcast that includes both a daily show and weekly show on the same feed. I wish to filter out the daily show, leaving me with only the weekly show. I've determined a difference in the show titles between the daily and weekly. The daily show includes a "dash" (-) after the episode number and the weekly uses the "pipe" symbol (|) after the episode number. But using either the "dash" in an exclude or the "pipe" in an include yields no results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Icon Grid independently from screen resolution

When the energie save mode on a android smartphone change the screen resolution, the icon grid (podcast channels) change to an another size in the programm. Can you fix it?
    Best regards
    Maggus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inverse wifi-filter

The existing wifi-filter requires to add each new WiFi network that is added. I would like to download on any WiFi network EXCEPT one specific one (metered). Could you add functionality to avoid downloading on selected WiFi networks? Thanks, amazing progress so far, long time apostle!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but the WiFi Filter feature is now deprecated as Google changed the required permissions since Android 10.
    In order to use this, the app would have to ask for he user location which is way too intrusive for a podcast app…

10. Give us back the download and start button on the tile in the podcast overview

In older versions I Just tapped onto these buttons . OK they are small but now I need at least one additional Mode to Download and start a episode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Player notification should remain visible in Do Not Disturb

This seems to be how the other media apps I use work, and what the user would expect. I don't remember if PA used to work like this but I just noticed it recently. (Android 10, Pixel 3a).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Share RSS URL

Add function to the Podcast menu that would share the URL for the RSS feed. Currently it is necessary to open the setting dialog then select "Edit podcast url" and copy the URL to be pasted into email to twitter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to disable 'sponsored podcast'

Would be great of those of us who has purchased the donate app also got the option to remove the new 'sponsored podcasts'.

There is nothing wrong about adding that section, but I still can't help feeling "scammed" because the main reason I donated was because of getting rid of ads. =)

I know this is something that won't bother 99% of all users, but please think of the 1% like me <3

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow sharing of the media download URL

Please make it possible to send the URL of the podcast media file to other android applications. I'd like to be able to play some podcasts on my remote MPD server, using another android app that'll accept media URLs via "Share Link" functionality. Podcast Addict currently only allows a user to copy but not share the download URL.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wonderful app: But where is iHeart Radio

Xavier: I love podcast addict. It works great so even though I've used it for years, this is the first time I am here because I've never needed support.

But this morning I was looking for an iHeart Radio show and found that "Networks" isn't listed as a network. The show I was looking for was there (when I just used "search" for iHeart Radio) but surprised the network isn't listed under networks.

Also, the show I found, and a few others from iHeart Radio didn't have any descriptions. That's probably an issue on your part but figured I'd mention…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

iHeartRadio looks more like a hosting platform than a network. There’s no main topic in the content they provide, that’s why it’s not available as a network.
    The app just shows the content of the RSS feeds, so if you don’t see any description it means that this information isn’t available in the podcast RSS feed

17. Implement episode ordering on per-podcast basis

I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to sort episodes in any way that isn't a global setting. Most podcasts I like to have one way, but virtual podcasts mostly I would like to be sorted by filename rather than publication date which throws the files in disarray.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to add a folder playlist from local

I have some audio files that are in local folders and it would be able to add an entire folder from my phone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can press on the main screen + button and then select Virtual Podcast, to create a new podcast from a local folder. Then every file you add to this folder will be displayed as a new episode in the app. Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

19. Make long press on fast forward on lock screen controls skips to next episode

This is specifically on the lock screen. Currently a long press on the forward or backward lock screen playback controls in Android opens the "notification settings" for the playback notification. Ideally it would skip to the next episode or back to the beginning/previous episode.

If that doesn't work you could add 2 more buttons to skip to next / skip to previous.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make podcast episodes shareable to facebook

Make it possible to share an individual episode to facebook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories