General

1. Podcast search improvement

When searching for a podcast, it would help if the entire string were taken into account.

If I'm searching for "Commonwealth Club of California", that's all I want to see. Not every podcast with "Commonwealth", "club", or "California" in the name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Virtual podcast instructions

As I understand it, you can play external files in the app by using the Virtual podcast feature which allows you to select a folder so its content can be used as episodes in the app. I have a folder with multiple mp3s, all individual episodes from the same show. When I click on +, then select Virtual, the folder with the mp3s shows up, but there are no files/episodes listed. How do I play one of the mp3s directly from the app using the Virtual feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is normal. You’re selecting a folder, not a standalone file.
    Once the folder is selected the app will create a new podcast and every media file available in the selected folder will be available as an episode.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

3. Radio > ajouter la RTBF dans la iste belge

Ajouter les différentes radios de la RTBF (Radio Télévision Belge Francophone) dans la liste des radios pour la Belgique : RTBF Mix, La Première, VivaCité, Musiq3, Classic 21, Pure, TarMac, Viva+, Jam, ...

site officiel >> https://www.rtbf.be/radio
    écoute en ligne >> www.rtbfradioplayer.be/radio/liveradio/

Merci :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Je suis desole mais l’app repose sur un moteur de recherche tiers pour les radios. Je ne peux donc pas ajouter des radios a la base de donnees existantes.
    Par contre tu peux ajouter n’imporrte quel flux manuellement dans l’app. N’hesites pas a m’envoyer un email si tu as des questions

Merci

4. Revert to offering multiple virtual podcasts for subfolders

Until recently, when creating a virtual podcast, if the folder selected contained no files but only subfolders, the option would be offered to create a separate virtual podcast for each folder. Now that option seems to be gone, and it just dumps everything in all the subfolders into one virtual podcast. Could this option be reinstated, please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Skip and delete through Android auto

I use the long press fwd to delete and skip to the next Podcast a lot. Would love to have the same option via Android Auto as I spend most of my listening time while driving.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "clear unregistered and unavailable networks" from network settings

In network settings my list of unregistered networks goes on forever (Networks I saw months ago for example are included). So when I need to add a new network I have to scroll through 100 irrelevant ones. Frankly as an alternative "visible" or "new" networks could be in their own or a separate list. Or "currently connected network" could just be right at the top. Cheers. Love the app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. custom default start page (ie. downloaded episodes, recent episodes)

It would be great to be able to choose a custom start page instead of launching into the Podcasts page in the Settings.

I know this is possible via a widget, but widgets aren't possible in folders which is where I put all my music/podcast apps.

I literally go to the downloaded episodes page every single time I start the app and then browse from there, but I'm sure others would prefer to start on the recent episodes page.

It's a small, minor change, but it is an annoyance in the ux every day and the one of the only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by replacing the app launcher icon with a widget called ‘opening screen’
    which allows you to select the screen of your choice as the opening screen
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question
    Thanks

9. List of last played episodes

I like to have a list of last episodes played. Reason is that I often listen to a longer podcast, eg in bed, that I do not finish. During the day í listen to several other podcasts and like to return to the one I did not finish in the evening. Rather than searching through all my subscription, I would prefer a quick glance at the last run audios. I think a simple, self over writing (roll-over) list of say last 10 pieces would suffice (maybe this could even be configured by the user). Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow access to episode's information window from the playlist screen

Within the playlist screen, it seems to be impossible to view an episode's description and other relevant information.

Generally, when I build my playlist, I'm viewing episode descriptions to decide which episodes I should download and which ones I should skip. By the time I get to these episodes in my playlist, I can often forget what a particular episode is about.

Currently, I have to navigate away from the playlist screen to the podcasts screen, clock the relevant podcast and also remember and select the appropriate episode. This seems like something that should be easily added to the contextual…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the settings menu less confusing

I dread anytime I have an idea where I want to change a setting and having to hunt for it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Move a button - play buttons further from ads

I switched to the samsung10e (so this might be phone specific) and the play button on the latest version is so close to the ads that I accidentally hit them all the time. Please move them back up the page (at least for the full art for the podcast player page). They used to be in the center of the screen which - yes is uglier - but is functionally so much better for avoiding ads.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a setting where each user can change the date format displayed next to the episodes

Different countries have different date format conventions. I'd like to suggest a setting where the user can change the date format displayed next to each episode to match the date format that user is most comfortable seeing. For example, some countries use MM/DD/YYYY while others use DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add notification tray support for Android 10

Since upgrading to Android 10, I have lost access in the notification tray, so I need to go into the app itself to pause/fast forward.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re referring to the app notifications, it looks like they have been disabled. Please go into the device Settings/Notifications/Applications/Podcast Addict screen to restore them
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

16. Smart downloads like Netflix

Currently there are so many settings for download/cleanup. For cases where you are starting listening to a podcast with lots of episodes, Netflix Android app smart download behaviour would be perfect, a single setting, perhaps an extra one for how many episodes to keep downloaded would be useful too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 'delete' = 'mark as played', simple and uniform way to remove podcasts

It would be nice if there was a simple and uniform way to remove podcasts that I don't want to hear.

Currently I have to use 'mark as played' for streamed podcasts and 'delete' for downloaded podcasts. From the user's point of view, something very similar happens in both cases (the podcast disappears). In the user interface, however, both actions can be found in different places. It should be the same location. Even better, the same action (swipe).

And if you use the checkmark icon to remove many podcasts at once, you think you can use the trash can icon.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Deleting a downloaded file and marking an episode as played are 2 separate actions that produce different results.

Deleting an episode means that you delete its downloaded file.

However, if you want to hide an episode from the app you need to mark it as played and then use the toolbar ‘eye’ button to hide played episodes

18. Filter episode list by Not Played

The episode list of a podcast can easily be filtered by some criteria (downloaded, playback in progress, already played, etc), but I miss the most a filter by "Not Played" option. That is probably the most useful option when looking for what to listen now, or what new episodes have been published.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Back button while on player page should go to episode list, not home screen

When you're listening to a podcast, and you pull up the player by tapping the icon or the widget, it seems natural to want to go back to the episode list by pressing the back button. Instead, the back button returns you to the home screen. Would be good if it brought you back to the episode list, and a further back brought you to the podcast home

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pressing on the back button always returns to the previous screen, even when the current screen is the player.
    However, once you reach the app opening screen, then pressing one more will leave the app.
    If you open the app from the player notification/widget, the player screen IS the opening screen, so pressing on the back button from that screenwill leave the app.
    Instead open the app using the app launcher icon or navigate through the device recent apps

20. Detect duplicates(rebroadcast) and marked them played

I would Really appreciate a function that searches for duplicate episodes within a podcast. Several of the podcast I'm subscribed too rebroadcast episodes without indicating it, using exactly the same title. I waste time listening to it a few minutes until realizing it is a duplicate from a month or year ago. If there is already a solution for this please let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry but unless the podcast author uses some specific keywords there’s no way to know if an episode is a rebroadcast or not
    If they do use a keyword like ‘rebroadcast’ then you can use the podcast custom settings screen to set a filter and exclude episodes with this keyword

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base