An error occurred while saving the commentAttila Szeremi commented
Right now the integration is limited to:
- If the app is the active music app in the menu bar...
- You can say "Play" to play the current podcast
- You can't say "Pause" to pause it; that just gets ignored.
- You can say "Stop" to stop the podcast, however that also closes the app and makes it not the active music app in the menu bar, and thus won't listen to your commands anymore.
- If the app is NOT the active music app in the menu bar, all you can say is "Open Podcast Addict", then you have to at least once press the Play button physically before Google Assistant is willing to listen to the limited commands for Podcast Addict.
In short: you can tell Google Assistant to "stop" playing, but you'll need to eventually physically press Play to start playing again.
This is dangerous if I had to do that while driving.
It would be great if at least the Google Assistant "Pause" command worked so you could toggle between "Play" and "Pause" just by voice and not have to touch your phone for it.