Skip to content

General

2341 results found

1. Filter by episode description

Add an option to filter episodes by description, not only by title.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add option to normalize audio level across multiple podcasts

I have podcasts from multiple sources in my playlist, and when i listen to the playlist i have to adjust volume after every transition from a podcast to the next. Is there a way to normalize the sound/audio level accross podcasts within the playlist, or to adjust volume within each podcast setting. Thank you.

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm doing some testing to check if I can implement this audio efect. However in order to test this I would need some sample files whith different audio levels between them or even within. Can you please send me an email with either link to some episodes (Settings/Feedback/Send email)? 

Thanks

3. Ability to hide old episodes without having to mark them as read.

I would like to be able to mark other episodes as 'old' or something, similar to the 'mark read' feature. What I want to do is to be able to hide old episodes without confusing them with episodes I have actually listened to.

If there are 300 episodes in a playlist and I have listened to the last 100 episodes it is hard to know at a glance if it has been updated with new episodes since all I ever see is a + sign. What I could do is mark the first 200 episodes as read, but then if…

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add gesture controls to pause/play/forward/skip seconds etc when screen is off. (Such as in Google play)

I listen to it while sleeping or driving. If I want to skip the promo in the episode, I will have to switch on the screen and then do it. Do you think you'd face this issue? Please upvote. Thanks in advance!

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mark a episode as read if you start playing something els in the last five minutes of the podcast

Hi it would be good if an episode will be marked as read if you stop the episode within the last five minutes or start listening to something els. I don't care about something to removes outros because I don't want that. I want the app to understand that I am done with an episode if I start listening to something els or stooping the episode within the last five minutes. Long pressing to mark it as read doesn't solve this problem eather!

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mark NOT INTERESTED for episodes

Currently episodes can be marked as PLAYED or UNPLAYED, played episodes get a mark and can be hidden.

I would like to mark some episodes as NOT INTERESTED (oe anything else similar). For a variety of reasons there are some episodes that I don't want to hear now or in a near future, others I stopped listening maybe because I found them boring. I could mark them as PLAYED to remove them from view, but maybe some day I could want to listen them and it would difficult to find. If I could have a different mark I would able…

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show Download Count

When looking at the Podcast Summary (aka home page) it would be nice if the number of episodes downloaded would show in the lower right in the same way that the number of unread shows in the upper right.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customize update frequency per podcast.

There are certain podcasts that I don't want to check for updates every time the auto-update runs.

Either because the podcast is finished, and I only want to stay subscribed in case the podcast will use their feed to deliver me news of a new, similar podcast they're doing.

Or it's that I know that the podcast will not update more than a few times a year.

Would be cool if I could customize the frequency for each podcast. The same way I can disable updates altogether for certain podcasts.

Addendum:

You could justify this feature as part of an…

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Play youtube videos using internal player

This would be useful because it would enable us to build playlists with youtube videos, resume videos where we stopped and mark them as read and remove from when they finish.

A behaviour like audio podcasts.

This is not a request to download or play youtube videos offline, the idea is to use streaming.

Just an idea, don't know if it is possible.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Introduce folders so that you can group podcasts

Really simple idea; just enable drag and drop folders like those for apps but for podcasts on the home screen.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add export or sharing of playback history.

One of my professional credentials requires that I track and submit hours of ongoing education time. They accept listening to podcasts so your listening history feature is a very promising start.
    Now I need an easy way to get that history out of podcast addict and into other formats.
    Something similar to your current backup sharing feature should work.
    Eg.
    - I select Backup Listening History
    - PA collects history info and saves to storage, maybe in CSV format with podcast name, episode, duration, original episode link,...
    - PA offers to let me Share the file
    - I email the…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Snip out sections of audio to share with friends and family.

I often here parts of a podcast that I'd like to share, is it possible to add start and end bars to snip out sections? Sure it must be a lot more complicated. I'd like the option to send those snips along with the episode notes via the usual conduits.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. custom playlist please

ive read your https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/14535093-multiple-custom-playlists

and its great but i would love custom playlist of specific episode of certain podcasts.

not playlists based on categories by custom or default... because that could lead to hundreds of episodes? hmmm...

custom playlist example:
    AAA's marketing online episode 10&70, BBB's marketing newsletter ep 1&2, CCC's pinterest marketing for new readers ep 7,20,55,66 & 70, and so on. all of these episodes from various podcast in one custom playlist called "marketing tips". And also to be able to add unlimited playlists for online business, how startups survive, and so on

also please when deleting a…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow podcasts to be saved to wear devices.

i cotakelisten to my podcasts during my runs and bike rides without having to take my phone with me.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save playlists

I would like to make save able custom sorted playlists. I have podcasts that I like to go back and relisen to but in customisable mixed orders. Example: HISTORY PODCASTS. i subscribe to several history podcasts and would like to mix them together but order them by time of the events being discussed in the podcasts rather than by the release date. What I would like to do is make a playlist much like you do with music and then I can just save it and refer to it whenever rather than having to re-add them to the audio playlist…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like the Custom playlist tab already allows you to do this.
    You can create categories of podcasts (History, Dudes talking, …) and affect podcasts to those categories. Then you can select the category you want to listen to

17. Better quick actions

I like the idea of quick actions, but they are seriously underdeveloped. Right now all you can do is either make it always play the episode, or download it, which will also act as play for downloaded episodes. My proposal is to add following options:

1. Enqueue/dequeue, depending whether the episode is already in the playlist.
    2. Mark read/unread.
    3. Delete episode, to complement the download action.

Furthermore, the setting should be context aware, meaning you can set them separately for non- and downloaded episodes, as well as perhaps the currently playing one.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alternative (simpler) cross-device/platform functionality

While it would be great to have true cross-device/platform syncing, I am sensitive to the potential complexity of such functionality.

Assuming that Xavier isn't close to bringing us a proper bi-directional cross-platform solution, I would like to suggest an alternative which may be acceptable to many of the people who have asked for cross-device syncing at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/4115735 and a desktop version at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/6531942.

Namely:
    That a primary-secondary model be created.
    One Android device would be configured as the primary device. All other Android devices and desktop or web applications would be secondary.
    The primary device would be responsible for…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MIX IT UP!

It would be interesting to have a "SURPRISE ME" button that would RANDOMLY selected a new (streaming) podcast episode — from all of my subscriptions — just to inject some variety into my listening.

Otherwise, even adding the option to RANDOMLY PLAY DOWNLOADS would be nice.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow speed controls to be always visible

Please create a setting for users to always have the + and - speed controls on the screen. Having to open the speed control window is cumbersome, plus it blocks videos that I may be playing. I often like to adjust speed up and down while listening to a podcast. This helps me blow past topics that I don't t care about and slow down for subjects during a podcast that I want to pay more attention to. In other words, for me, I LOVE your plus and minus speed throttling buttons. I just want them to always visible next…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General