Once you have subscribed to your podcasts, you will need to open the app settings (Slide open the menu from the left side of the screen and press the Settings icon at the bottom of the menu)
- By default the app allows to download and stream episodes over WiFi only. If you want to do so over a 3G or 4G connection please go into Settings/Network and the disable the Wifi only restriction
- Then if you want to refresh your feeds automatically, you will have to enable it from Settings/Update. You can also select the update interval and if you want the exact time the update will occur (ie: If like me you want to update your feeds before waking up you can enable Automatic Update at 6:00am every 24 hours)
- Then you can enable Automatic Download of new episodes. It means that every time a new episode is detected during a feed update, it will be automatically downloaded. This setting will apply to every podcasts, so be careful because it might use a lot of storage. If you prefer you can enable this setting per podcast (see below). To enable this feature go into Settings/Download
- By default, downloaded content will be stored in the internal memory. If you want it to be stored on your SD card or in the folder of your choice, you can do so by selecting a new Storage folder (Settings/Download)
- If you want, downloaded episodes can be automatically added to the playlist. To do so, enable Settings/PlayList/Automatic PlayList.
- If you want episodes to be automatically removed from the playlist once you have finished listening to them, please enable Settings/PlayList/Automatic Dequeue
- If you want episodes to be automatically deleted once you have finished listening to them, please enable Settings/Automatic cleanup/Once listened to
- If you want to limit the number of downloaded episodes to keep per podcast, you can enable automatic cleanup settings that can remove older episodes or keep a limited number of episodes (Settings/Automatic Cleanup). If you're afraid these features will delete too many episode, you can enable the trash that will store content deleted automatically for a short period. During that period you will be able to restore those episodes. Once the period is over they will be deleted.
- You can tune the app look by selecting one of the 3 theme available (Settings/Display Configuration/Theme)
- You can also tune the widget look as well as the buttons to display on it (Settings/Widget)
FYI most of those settings can be tuned per podcast. To do so, long press on a podcast in the app main screen and select Custom Settings. You can then override the default app settings for the selected podcast.
Setting up the app might take some time, but once you're done, if like me you enabled every automatic behaviour, you will be able to use the app with almost nothing to do. Every morning my feeds are updated before I wake up. New episodes are automatically downloaded and added to the PlayList. So I just have to take my phone, open the Playlist, sort the episodes depending on my mood and press play. The episodes will be played, then once finished they will be deleted and the player will start playing the next one.
Feel free to take a look at the other settings I didn't mentioned here. If you have questions and/or suggestions, please contact me (Settings/Contacts)