General

1. Include Fable and Folly in your Network Listing

Please consider adding Fable and Folly to your Network section as we have a ton of great audio fiction shows from Alba Salix to The Amelia Project, We Fix Space Junk, Marsfall and more!

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avoid starvation

I use priority sorting because I'm more interested in some podcasts. But some podcasts with lower priority are never played.

It would be useful to have a system to increase an episode priority after n days from the download date.

Something like this https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17962558-priority-queueing-based-on-queue-score or also a sorting boolean variable. Thanks! Merry Christmas!

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, I implemented a similar feature in the latest Beta of the app as a test.
    Can you please join the Beta on the app Play Store page and then download the latest update
    Then please go into Settings/Playlist and enable ‘Smart priority sorting’
    Please let me know how this works for you so I can know if this makes sense to have this in the next version of the app

FYI this takes into account priority and episode release date

Thanks

3. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a way to search settings

I love that podcast addict has so many customization options, but because of this it can be difficult to find some settings. Adding a way to search the settings by keyword would be helpful

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This will be implemented in v2020.10
    This won’t be in the new version that just started rolling out.

Please join the Beta from the app Play Store app page to test this feature. A new beta will be available by tomorrow to test this

5. Clips

How about function for creating "clips" from the podcasts/episodes. Cutting Just seconds or minutes

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter by day of the week

Some pods like bbc woman's hour, and farming today have omnibus editions on a Saturday which pulls from the previous Monday to Friday episodes. I'd like to filter out the Saturday episode.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Setting for a short silent pause between episodes in the playlist

Sometimes it seems like two episodes in the playlist can blend together when one plays immediately after the previous one especially when the two episodes are from the same podcast. A setting to allow a silent pause between episodes of around 5ish seconds (or customisable amount) could help the listener to better distinguish between episodes.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable rating without Google Drive.

Enable rating (i.e., 1 to 5 stars) podcast episodes, without being required to sign into Google Drive. I will not use Google Drive. I hope to continue rating Podcast Addict with 5 stars.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clip sharing

I would love to share small Clips, similar to the function how it's implemented in Overcast.

https://marco.org/2019/04/27/overcast-clip-sharing

When I listen to long podcasts I often have parts of it, which are relevant for another person.
    So I want to share a small part, cut in Podcast Addict and send as MP3.
    The workflow would be easy and it would bring so much added value.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the audio mute more gradual for the sleep timer rather than the abrupt high to low, as it is now

The automatic sleep timer, whilst going through the phase of allowing you to shake to extend the timer appears to go from normal high volume to low volume in one go, I'd like a more gradual reduction in volume maybe even the option for a low short(ding)tone to announce the shake grace period has started, cheers John

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alternative (simpler) cross-device/platform functionality

While it would be great to have true cross-device/platform syncing, I am sensitive to the potential complexity of such functionality.

Assuming that Xavier isn't close to bringing us a proper bi-directional cross-platform solution, I would like to suggest an alternative which may be acceptable to many of the people who have asked for cross-device syncing at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/4115735 and a desktop version at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/6531942.

Namely:
    That a primary-secondary model be created.
    One Android device would be configured as the primary device. All other Android devices and desktop or web applications would be secondary.
    The primary device would be responsible for…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Downloaded" as sort criteria

Add a "Downloaded" (without the date) as one of the available sort criterias so we can actually put the downloaded episodes first and then sort them by priority or by publication date. Right now the only way to sort downloaded episodes first is to use the download date criteria, which doesn't allow for a secondary sort criteria.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add MP3 compression option

My biggest pain point is that I keep running out of storage space on my phone (I have a Pixel 3a 64GB but still with Spotify, Photos and Podcasts it runs out quickly). It would be amazing if I could press a button to have Podcast Addict go through all my downloaded episodes and convert them to a lower audio quality to save space (or just do this automatically after downloading). I would pay for this feature – my best alternative is to buy a much more expensive phone with more storage...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. if a podcast supports seasons, show that on the podcast page

Some podcasts (especially audio dramas) have seasons to their content. Many of them use the iTunes markup in their rss feed to designate which season and episode from that season it is.

Example: https://rss.art19.com/proof

It would be awesome to have "folders" that could be expanded or collapsed accordion style for each season of that podcast.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add AGC (automatic gain control) to level out the audio

Not only do levels vary from podcast to podcast, but within podcasts if they don't pre-process the audio.

I suggest active gain leveling, not just simple replay gain or normalization. As though the listener was constantly moving the volume up and down to make it consistent.

Technical: Calculate the RMS level for the upcoming 1/4 second or so, then adjust an internal gain block to either boost or cut to compensate. Response time to loud passages should be pretty quick, then release times to higher gains during quiet passages would take a second or two.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/agc/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Pause / Resume / Rewind 5 Seconds option to Upon short audio notification setting

This setting would work just like the existing Pause / Resume option but it would also rewind 5 seconds on resume. This would be useful when doing something like navigating Google Maps. The notifications are often long enough that a quick refresher on what was just said in a podcast would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for "refresh regardless of podcast settings"

Hi !

I'm a big fan of the feature implemented from [this suggestion](https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/5309027-exclude-some-podcasts-from-sync-to-reduce-traffic) which allowed me to pare down the podcasts I refresh daily from 91 to 45 (50% improvement woohoo!).
    But the thing is, those podcasts I excluded might still occasionally put up something new on their feeds: bonus content, live show announcements, trailers for new projects from the creators, ...
    To make sure I don't miss that, I'd have to go podcast by podcast through the 46 excluded ones to refresh them.
    Could there be an option I could use maybe every month or every other…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 98 99
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories