General

1. Include Fable and Folly in your Network Listing

Please consider adding Fable and Folly to your Network section as we have a ton of great audio fiction shows from Alba Salix to The Amelia Project, We Fix Space Junk, Marsfall and more!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clips

How about function for creating "clips" from the podcasts/episodes. Cutting Just seconds or minutes

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Créer des playlist d'épisodes

Pouvoir créer des playlist de lecture d'épisodes sélectionnés en provenance d'un (ou plusieurs) podcast (alimentés en auto ou manuellement). Le but est de créer des listes de lecture et de pouvoir reprendre la lecture plus tard.
    Par exemple :

- une playlist écoutée en voiture en famille dans laquelle j'ajoute des épisodes de podcats que je veux écouter dans ce cadre
    - une playllst me pemettant de sélectionner les différents épisodes d'un même podcast qui fonctionnent en histoire continue à suivre ( le Feuilleton France Culture par exemple)
    - ma playlist des podcats que j'écoute seul dans le train
    -…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter by day of the week

Some pods like bbc woman's hour, and farming today have omnibus editions on a Saturday which pulls from the previous Monday to Friday episodes. I'd like to filter out the Saturday episode.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Silence Skipping – Adjustable Silence Duration

tl;dr:
    I think it would be wonderful to have an adjustable min…max time consideration setting for silence skipping.

Detail:
    Although very useful, most podcasts sound odd and rushed with the current silence skipping setting. I think having an adjustable meter that allows a user to define the minimum amount of acceptable silence before skipping occurs would be wonderful.

It would allow for podcasts with this setting to sound more natural while also removing those unnecessary silences that often occur between commercials, chapters, etc.

It may also satisfy these posts:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/35799070-shorten-the-skip-silence-trigger-duration-so-that
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17267549-skip-silence-attack-control

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Override new episodes notification

This would allow to allow/disable new episodes notification on a podcast basis, ie. enable them for some podcasts and disable for others

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add MP3 compression option

My biggest pain point is that I keep running out of storage space on my phone (I have a Pixel 3a 64GB but still with Spotify, Photos and Podcasts it runs out quickly). It would be amazing if I could press a button to have Podcast Addict go through all my downloaded episodes and convert them to a lower audio quality to save space (or just do this automatically after downloading). I would pay for this feature – my best alternative is to buy a much more expensive phone with more storage...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. if a podcast supports seasons, show that on the podcast page

Some podcasts (especially audio dramas) have seasons to their content. Many of them use the iTunes markup in their rss feed to designate which season and episode from that season it is.

Example: https://rss.art19.com/proof

It would be awesome to have "folders" that could be expanded or collapsed accordion style for each season of that podcast.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Swipe right to add episode to playlist from list of episodes, swipe left to mark as played

I spend the most time in my subscriptions adding new episodes to the playlist. In a list of episodes from a sub, I long press and select "Add to Playlist" or "Mark Played" if I don't want to listen to it.

If I could swipe left or right to achieve the same action. Perhaps make this available from the search section to add one-off episodes I might want.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tweak "playback in progress" filter to not display episodes with a few seconds left that are marked as played

If I look at my "playback in progress" tab, I have hundreds of playlists that have played like, 56 out of 57 minutes of the episode. They were streamed, never downloaded. I can mark them as played and remove them from the playlist, but they still appear in the "episodes in progress" menu. Currently, the only way to satisfy my neurotic need to keep my podcasts organized is to every now and then go on, manually restart the episode from the last timestamp, fast forward to the end, and then try super quick to cancel the automatic jump to the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export podcast metadata to CSV file

Episode metadata (e.g., name, date, RSS address, show notes) and are not directly to users via the filesystem. I suggest adding a menu item to the "Downloaded Episodes" context menu ( e.g., after "Refresh content from RSS") that reads "Export episode metadata". Selecting this creates a CSV file, one line per selected episode, with the relevant app database fields.

This solution would allow users to easily create and search a database of information on episodes they've listened to, and to easily map episode name / date to file name, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "Downloaded" as sort criteria

Add a "Downloaded" (without the date) as one of the available sort criterias so we can actually put the downloaded episodes first and then sort them by priority or by publication date. Right now the only way to sort downloaded episodes first is to use the download date criteria, which doesn't allow for a secondary sort criteria.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would you add an option so that the "back edge swipe" in android takes you to the podcast subscription page?

Right now if I open the app from the widget it will open the player view with the current episode displayed. This is great. When I make the "swipe back" gesture it exits the app and takes me back to my phone's home screen. What I'd like an option for is to have the "swipe back gesture" take you to the podcast subscriptions page instead of exiting back to the phones home screen. I hope this makes sense.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting for a short silent pause between episodes in the playlist

Sometimes it seems like two episodes in the playlist can blend together when one plays immediately after the previous one especially when the two episodes are from the same podcast. A setting to allow a silent pause between episodes of around 5ish seconds (or customisable amount) could help the listener to better distinguish between episodes.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable rating without Google Drive.

Enable rating (i.e., 1 to 5 stars) podcast episodes, without being required to sign into Google Drive. I will not use Google Drive. I hope to continue rating Podcast Addict with 5 stars.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clip sharing

I would love to share small Clips, similar to the function how it's implemented in Overcast.

https://marco.org/2019/04/27/overcast-clip-sharing

When I listen to long podcasts I often have parts of it, which are relevant for another person.
    So I want to share a small part, cut in Podcast Addict and send as MP3.
    The workflow would be easy and it would bring so much added value.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories