General

1. Avoid starvation

I use priority sorting because I'm more interested in some podcasts. But some podcasts with lower priority are never played.

It would be useful to have a system to increase an episode priority after n days from the download date.

Something like this https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17962558-priority-queueing-based-on-queue-score or also a sorting boolean variable. Thanks! Merry Christmas!

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Setting for a short silent pause between episodes in the playlist

Sometimes it seems like two episodes in the playlist can blend together when one plays immediately after the previous one especially when the two episodes are from the same podcast. A setting to allow a silent pause between episodes of around 5ish seconds (or customisable amount) could help the listener to better distinguish between episodes.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to reorganize manually podcast covers on main page

Being able to organize the covers on the main page manually, like app icons on a phone

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Select Chapters to play

Before playing an episode (or multiple episodes within a playlist), I'd like to be able to select which chapters within an episode to play (and which to skip). When wanting to skip selected chapters, I have to jump to the next chapter mark during playback in the moment, when a new chapter (I'd like to skip) begins. But in that moment I might have no hand free to do so. So I'd like a feature, that allows me to select the chapters to play (or the ones to skip) in beforehand. This could be implemented with checkboxes in the chapter…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Réveil en podcast ET/OU radio

Bonjour,
    La demande d'une fonction "réveil" pour activer la playlist a déjà été demandée.
    Je suggère ici que cette fonction, si elle est développée, permette aussi de programmer un réveil pour les radios.
    Merci pour toutes ces belles heures d'écoute !

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. NewPipe

Youtube's ToS do not allow to download their content directly under the threat of a ban. However there could be a workaround. There's an excellent app out there called the NewPipe. It allows to download the YT videos (and even the extracted audio) through the "Share" button on YT itself. My request is to integrate the option to "Share" the YT videos in RSS subscriptions of PA to NewPipe if such app is present on one's device.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move to Top When Played

An option to automatically move an episode to the top of the Playlist when played. I sporadically move through a long playlist and have multiple partially listened episodes at any given time. It would be nice for the "in progress" episodes to float to the top.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete…

584 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

EDIT: a 1st beta will be available by the end of the day.

FYI the Custom playlists will soon be improved.
    Filters will be available so the selected category can only show episodes based on their download status, played status, stared status, publication date, …
    I get it that some of you want multiple playlists were episodes can be manually added, but there’s no plan to implement this for now.
    However, according to the feedback I got by email, it looks like those filters will solve limitations of the current solution for most users.
    Feel free to send me some feedback by email if you have ideas for other filters that can be implemented (Settings/Feedback/Email)
    Thanks

10. 48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alternative (simpler) cross-device/platform functionality

While it would be great to have true cross-device/platform syncing, I am sensitive to the potential complexity of such functionality.

Assuming that Xavier isn't close to bringing us a proper bi-directional cross-platform solution, I would like to suggest an alternative which may be acceptable to many of the people who have asked for cross-device syncing at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/4115735 and a desktop version at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/6531942.

Namely:
    That a primary-secondary model be created.
    One Android device would be configured as the primary device. All other Android devices and desktop or web applications would be secondary.
    The primary device would be responsible for…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a visual indicator to the podcast list for podcasts with overwrite global options enabled

This should make it easier to review some podcast settings instead of having to remember which have custom settings or going through them individually.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bass/treble

Simple sounds controls while playing radio stations.
    Some stations just don't sound great on this app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Plus de statistiques

Idée : Dans l'application, dans statistiques d'écoute de rajouter toutes les années depuis que l'on à installé l'application, et non pas seulement les 2 dernières ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Création d'un mode clair

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord félicitations pour l'application elle est superbe !
    Je me permets de venir vers vous afin de vous suggérer une idée pour l'améliorer : la création d'un mode clair (avec du blanc ou des couleurs) au choix de l'utilisateurs afin de mettre un peu de gaieté lorsque l'on utilise. Le noir partout c'est déprimant surtout lorsqu'il ne fait pas beau dehors 😅.
    Je vous souhaite une bonne fin de journée.
    Cordialement.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sleep timer only going when playing

It would be convenient to have the timer go only when playing. It would limit playtime for people that listen to too many podcasts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Download before playing

Even Sticher has this. There should be a download before play option. I never want to actually stream anything, just take 5 seconds and download the podcast first. Automatic download settings do not cover my use case and I want specific individual podcast episodes to be downloaded directly before playing

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Consolidate Similar User Suggestions (e.g., Volume Compressor/Normalizer)

I see a lot of votes being wasted on uservoice because there are many similar or identical feature suggestions with slightly different titles. This breaks up the voting pool, leaving unrepresentative user priorities. I suggest an audit by the admin to consolidate votes from all similar suggestions into one, if possible. For example, there are at least 10 different posting calling for audio/volume compression/normalization. Two of which have high vote counts, separately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move several episodes at a time

One nice feature would be the ability to move several episodes at a time. Check off a few episodes and then move them all as a group up and down in the playlist.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a feature in episode filtering for phrases in the episode text description.

Add a feature in episode filtering for phrases in the episode text description. For instance, be able to filter out StarTalk episodes that have the phrase "Playing with Science" somewhere in the description for those who are not really into sports but want to hear the other science topics on that playlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories