General

1. Beautify Personal listening statistics

Beautify the personal listening statistics. Line graph, see how many hours you see everyday in a week , month, year and forever. Line graph that goes up and down everyday depend how many hour you listen to each day. Ability to see how many hour you listen to that week.Separate ability to see individual podcast listening time in a day,week,year, forever on a line graph each with a different color.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to archive podcasts that are finished

Being able to mark a podcast as "finished" or "archived" so that it doesn't show up in the main podcast list but isn't necessarily deleted from the overall collection. I want to keep some for recommendation or occasional re-listening but I want to keep my primary list uncluttered.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. export the favourites list separately

export the favourite episodes list separately to the rest of the library, to share with a friend or copy to another device without overwriting the rest of the library.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Statistics - more than one year back

It would be great to have all listening statistics for every year back kept in Podcast Addict. Right now it shows 2020 and 2021, but 2019 disappeared at new years. Would be great to be to be able to compare.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Playlists based on rules

PlaylistsIs it possible to create lists based on rules that repeat itself after the playlist is over.
    For example: Play the oldest not listened podcast of each category, when they end, create a new playlist with same rule.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Advanced search operators (e.g. 'AND', 'OR') and fields

Often simple keyword search results produce too many results.

It would be nice to specify search queries with operators ('OR', 'AND'), brackets, quotation marks, etc.

Also could be nice to have the option to search in specific fields (e.g. only in titles, description, etc.)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add properties when adding new podcast

When I add a podcast with the search function I can not change the properties of the podcast. I would like directly reach the properties (the gear) where I can set the priority and the category of the podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Continuous Playback feature to be modified by "custom Settings"

I love the continuous playback feature and almost always have it enabled. However, in most contexts I want it to play only new episodes, whereas in other contexts, like the KEXP song of the day podcast, I want it to play everything.

Currently you would have to adjust global preferences to toggle played/all and downloaded/all, each time. It would be nice if you could override the default continuous playback behavior on a per-podcast basis, with the "custom Settings" if at all possible.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the new player buttons hideable

2021.13 introduced new buttons in the player, for audio mixing and bookmarks above the player. They take up a lot of space on all 3 views of the player. There should be an option to hide/move these, if I don't want to use them, and gain back valuable screen space on the description and queue, as well as make the UI look less cluttered.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter thumbs-up/thumbs-down episodes

Allow display of episodes that have been given thumbs-up/down.
    Also, allow episodes to be given thumbs-up/down after having been listened to; I've listened while driving, and wanted to give thumbs-up to an episode, but wasn't able to because the episode ended before I got to a safe position.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort by full filepath

When there are many virtual podcasts (i.e. audiobooks consisting of many mp3 files) it is becoming important to be able to sort those by Podcast Name (book) and then by filename or Name (because publish date is the same for all them). Doing so with existing Advanced sorting options (i.e. select sort by Podcast Name and then by filename) does not work for whatever reason - the podcasts remain mixed up. One simple and straightforward solution would by to add an option to sort by Full Path. This would rely on and respect user's preference is for podcast arrangement. Having…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enlarge the tap area for an episode's 3 dot menu

The tap area for the 3 dot menu on episodes is way too small. My fingers are tiny but I still am constantly ending up on the episode page instead of opening the 3 dot menu. I don't know how to explain this better, but I'm referring to the 3 dots on episodes right above the button to download them when you're looking at the list of episodes in a podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Delay deletion and removal from playlist until play stops

I find I not infrequently ‘lose control’ of the player: I fall asleep, have to deal with something urgent, have a driving situation, or whatever. When I get back I find that one or more podcasts have played through and been autodeleted, making it very hard to figure out what has and has not been listened to. If cleanup were delayed until after the next explicit interaction, I could just go to the playlist and search around for the point at which I stopped being able to listen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add sort option consistent with 'Download older first'

I like to listen to some of my subscribed podcasts newest episodes first, and some other podcasts oldest episode first. The 'download older first' setting is great for helping with this, but there is not a corresponding podcast sort option. Therefore, I have to choose to sort all my podcasts either new>old or old>new in the auto playlist and episode lists. Ideally, it would be great if there was a podcast sorting option which sorts podcasts by date depending on if they have 'download older first' checked, so that:
    - Podcasts with 'download older first' checked sort old > new…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "Mark Newer Episodes as Played" above the choice "Mark Older Episodes as Played"

Along with the existing choice of "Mark Older Episodes as Played" when clearing out a list of podcasts, could you add the choice "Mark Newer Episodes as Played". Upon adding a new podcast, there are some newer eps on the subject I may not be interested in, and it would be nice to clear them out with such an option. Another option would be a "Hold/Unhold" toggle on a single episode, so when a choice to Mark a newer/older ep as played, it would skip over anything marked by the user as "hold". There could also be an option to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Link to the transcript (rel=transcript)

In addition to Podcast Addict reading the transcript from the RSS feed (https://podcastaddict.com/changelog/2020_14#section1).

Unfortunately my podcast host doesn't support this feature. It would be great if links to the transcript (for instance with rel=transcript tag, just like rel=payment) in the episode description would be picked up by the player and the link displayed in the transcript button (https://podcastaddict.com/assets/web/changelog_2020_14_section1_1.jpg).

Hope this makes sense, I would be happy to explain further if necessary. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow customisation of list view

For example, I'm not a big fan of having either the update date or the time since update. I'd also much rather it didn't show total number of episodes but either unplaced or downloaded episodes. I'm sure other options for folks too!!

Keep up the incredible work!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "Volume decrease" similar to "Volume boost"

While resting and listening to podcasts, on some headphones the minimum android volume is still to loud.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show the percentage played of each podcast episode in the list of episodes

In the list of episodes (played or not played), show the percentage played of each episode that's been played. Often, I pause an episode and go to a different episode or podcast, or listen to the radio. I'd like to come back to the podcast and see the percentage played of the episodes that I've started listening to, in the list of the episodes, without having to click on each episode for more details. Just to show more useful information on the lists screens. Castbox does this very well. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 106 107
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base