General

1. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swipe gestures

Add swipe gestures to, for example, mark episode read, delete, move to playlist etc etc

A set of gestures to set in menù setting

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a "Volume decrease" similar to "Volume boost"

While resting and listening to podcasts, on some headphones the minimum android volume is still to loud.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Statistics - more than one year back

It would be great to have all listening statistics for every year back kept in Podcast Addict. Right now it shows 2020 and 2021, but 2019 disappeared at new years. Would be great to be to be able to compare.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make 'move to bottom' of playlist not also take you there

When I toss an episode to the bottom I have to scroll back to where I was changing the order. Nice to next played doesn't do this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Swipe right to add episode to playlist from list of episodes, swipe left to mark as played

I spend the most time in my subscriptions adding new episodes to the playlist. In a list of episodes from a sub, I long press and select "Add to Playlist" or "Mark Played" if I don't want to listen to it.

If I could swipe left or right to achieve the same action. Perhaps make this available from the search section to add one-off episodes I might want.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Would the following work for you?
    Create a bookmark at position A, then create a bookmark at position B
    Open the episode bookmarks list and start playing the 1st bookmark which will play from position A to B, then will keep going.
    I can add a repeat button on the bookmark line, that way the app can repeat in a loop the same bookmark until the bookmark is deleted or the repeat flag is disabled
    Please let me know what you think about this

8. Clips

How about function for creating "clips" from the podcasts/episodes. Cutting Just seconds or minutes

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Créer des playlist d'épisodes

Pouvoir créer des playlist de lecture d'épisodes sélectionnés en provenance d'un (ou plusieurs) podcast (alimentés en auto ou manuellement). Le but est de créer des listes de lecture et de pouvoir reprendre la lecture plus tard.
    Par exemple :

- une playlist écoutée en voiture en famille dans laquelle j'ajoute des épisodes de podcats que je veux écouter dans ce cadre
    - une playllst me pemettant de sélectionner les différents épisodes d'un même podcast qui fonctionnent en histoire continue à suivre ( le Feuilleton France Culture par exemple)
    - ma playlist des podcats que j'écoute seul dans le train
    -…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add google smart speaker support!

If Podcast addict were a default option for Google Nest smart speakers it would be amazing. (You can change it from google podcasts to spotify currently so why not get podcast addict on there!) You'd need to have it synced up but imagine being able to tell your speaker to play a podcast and it automatically plays it via podcast addict, then you stop it to go for a drive and listen on your phone and it's synced up exactly where you left off. This functionality is one of the main reasons I feel I may have to abandon Podcast…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow sorting by combined podcast playtime when alternating podcasts

I like to alternate podcasts, but it's very difficult when I have 150 episodes of a 10 minute episode podcast and others that are an hour+ long. For example, the memory palace and This American Life.

A nice feature would be to be able to alternate podcasts by time instead of episode. For example, the automatic sorting for the playlist could do the equivalent of an hour of one podcast (10 episodes) and then a single hour long episode of the hour podcast.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Recent episodes list - hide the ones which will be downloaded automatically or were downloaded already

I have subscribed to lots of podcasts; some of those were downloaded already or will be downloaded automatically; I would like to hide those episodes from Recent episodes list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Ideally it should be customizable; sometimes I can't check for new episodes every week, so it would be nice to be able to check for new episodes once a month and be able to see ALL of them, not just those created within the last week

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an option to order by Remaining percentage

Sorting by Remaining percentage would be very useful, I think, to keep half-played episodes at the top of the playlist.

My current situation as example:

I currently have my playlist set to order by priority and publication date. This is great, except when I've already started an episode and an episode with higher priority is released, it will be added above the current item in the playlist (which is logical, of course, because of the order I set.)

If there were an option to sort by Remaining percentage, I could use that and it would keep the current playing episode…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PodChaser Integration for Episode Review Sharing!

Any thoughts on integrating Podchaser?
    Like the companies here:

https://www.podchaser.com/articles/inside-podchaser/announcing-podchaser-data-integration-partnerships-for-credits-and-ratings?utmsource=Podchaser+Users&utmcampaign=8a1bb87f19-EMAILCAMPAIGN201906050147COPY01&utmmedium=email&utmterm=0_1633da3344-8a1bb87f19-89647039

And here:
    https://mailchi.mp/podchaser/playerfm-announcement?e=715ccf8ce2

Getting Ratings from Podchaser. There aren't plenty ratings, but there could be, with integrations like these. And even the few ratings from podchaster filter out the most popular episodes.

Being able to rate episodes directly.

And very important: filtering by best ranking.

The question: "I like the podcast, but what are the most endorsed episodes I should listen to" is one I have all the time. And it should be answered directly in the app…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement a more precise volume controler

For the podcasts, we can adjust the speed, which I find very useful.

I would love a similar option to adjust the volume more precisely ,as the equaliser doesn't allow us to set the volume up or down a notch.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide Podcast option

I keep some old podcasts subscribed to with the intention of catching up eventually but I know I won't get to them for a while. It would be nice to simply hide the podcast but NOT mark it as read so that I could see at a glance what I have left to listen to before hitting the archives.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Being able to hide time duration

It would be nice if I don't know how long it would be, so I can focus on the listening experience

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 102 103
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base