General

1. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make timer fadeout longer

When I use the timer, it's usually to fall asleep with something. I don't always fall a sleep while listening but often after the timer runs out, how ever the quick fadeout snaps me out of it, a longer fade out, even a minute long, would probably help me fade into sleep, and it sounds like an easy tiny update...

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to order by Remaining percentage

Sorting by Remaining percentage would be very useful, I think, to keep half-played episodes at the top of the playlist.

My current situation as example:

I currently have my playlist set to order by priority and publication date. This is great, except when I've already started an episode and an episode with higher priority is released, it will be added above the current item in the playlist (which is logical, of course, because of the order I set.)

If there were an option to sort by Remaining percentage, I could use that and it would keep the current playing episode…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a "Volume decrease" similar to "Volume boost"

While resting and listening to podcasts, on some headphones the minimum android volume is still to loud.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swipe gestures

Add swipe gestures to, for example, mark episode read, delete, move to playlist etc etc

A set of gestures to set in menù setting

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Statistics - more than one year back

It would be great to have all listening statistics for every year back kept in Podcast Addict. Right now it shows 2020 and 2021, but 2019 disappeared at new years. Would be great to be to be able to compare.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to remove 'Post Review', 'Other Episodes' buttons from episode description

Screen real estate is precious, would prefer to have more space to read the actual description. I do not use the buttons.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to hide a podcast from the main screen

If I'm not really actively listening to a podcast anymore but don't want to lose my listening data, it'd be good to be able to hide it from the main podcast screen without deleting it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Priorities lists

It would be nice to setup multiple priority lists. If you want to listen to "Business podcasts", you could have a different priorities list with certain podcasts ranked higher in the list. Then if you're wanting inspiration or entertainment, you could switch between your priority lists accordingly. All podcasts would still be in the list, just in different orders. This would just be a quicker way of changing your priority lists without actually going in and editing the priorities on individual podcasts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification for download error

Sometimes a podcast errors when downloading a new episode and I am waiting rest of day thinking it hasn't been posted. When all I really needed to do is retry the download. But the app marks it as downloaded because it was attempted and doesn't retry the download when I refresh.

So a notification saying error happened downloading so I know I have to manually do it; or ideally when you refresh the app it will reattempt to download failed podcasts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have a simple episode file export method.

Often, I want to save an episode audio file outside of the app (to Google Drive, for example) even if it is deleted after listening in the app. It used to be pretty easy, but now I'm at a loss as go how to do it... If it's possible, it's not obvious in the UI.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make 'move to bottom' of playlist not also take you there

When I toss an episode to the bottom I have to scroll back to where I was changing the order. Nice to next played doesn't do this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add google smart speaker support!

If Podcast addict were a default option for Google Nest smart speakers it would be amazing. (You can change it from google podcasts to spotify currently so why not get podcast addict on there!) You'd need to have it synced up but imagine being able to tell your speaker to play a podcast and it automatically plays it via podcast addict, then you stop it to go for a drive and listen on your phone and it's synced up exactly where you left off. This functionality is one of the main reasons I feel I may have to abandon Podcast…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Swipe right to add episode to playlist from list of episodes, swipe left to mark as played

I spend the most time in my subscriptions adding new episodes to the playlist. In a list of episodes from a sub, I long press and select "Add to Playlist" or "Mark Played" if I don't want to listen to it.

If I could swipe left or right to achieve the same action. Perhaps make this available from the search section to add one-off episodes I might want.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Swipe between screens: player, playlist, downloaded episodes, etc

I want to swipe between the main screens: player, playlist, downloaded episodes, etc instead of clicking to open up the left menu. I think this would be way more UX efficient as I often switch between player, playlist and downloaded episodes a lot.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a way to easily switch between the "Playlist" and the "Home" screens

It will be very helpful to add the ability to easily switch between the playlist screen and the home screen of the app.
    This can be done using a swipe or a button that is easily accessible - to perform the change using a single click.

While doing sport activity and while doing other daily actions, this is something that as a user I do most.

Now, in order to do that, I must switch to the playlist screen using the menu. It requires to open the menu, locate the "playlist" section in the menu, and press it. This requires…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enlarge episode images

The episode image should enlarge within the app if you click it in the episode description in the top-left.

Using the browser is time-consuming. A link for those who want to open it should stay somewhere, though.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PodChaser Integration for Episode Review Sharing!

Any thoughts on integrating Podchaser?
    Like the companies here:

https://www.podchaser.com/articles/inside-podchaser/announcing-podchaser-data-integration-partnerships-for-credits-and-ratings?utmsource=Podchaser+Users&utmcampaign=8a1bb87f19-EMAILCAMPAIGN201906050147COPY01&utmmedium=email&utmterm=0_1633da3344-8a1bb87f19-89647039

And here:
    https://mailchi.mp/podchaser/playerfm-announcement?e=715ccf8ce2

Getting Ratings from Podchaser. There aren't plenty ratings, but there could be, with integrations like these. And even the few ratings from podchaster filter out the most popular episodes.

Being able to rate episodes directly.

And very important: filtering by best ranking.

The question: "I like the podcast, but what are the most endorsed episodes I should listen to" is one I have all the time. And it should be answered directly in the app…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable artwork

Add an option to disable fetching podcast artwork in order to improve performance and save space.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base