General

1. Add No Phony Podcast Network to your list of networks

No Phony Podcast Network is an independent group of podcasts that provide a broad range of shows. We support each other through technical help and cross promotion. We would like recognition on Podcast Addict as a network. nophonynetwork.com

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Fable and Folly in your Network Listing

Please consider adding Fable and Folly to your Network section as we have a ton of great audio fiction shows from Alba Salix to The Amelia Project, We Fix Space Junk, Marsfall and more!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mark as played if time remaining is less than 1 min

Add an option in the settings so that a podcast is automatically marked as played (and therefore deleted if one wishes to) if the time remaining is less than X (such as 30 seconds, 1 minute...).

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swipe gestures

Add swipe gestures to, for example, mark episode read, delete, move to playlist etc etc

A set of gestures to set in menù setting

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Swipe right to add episode to playlist from list of episodes, swipe left to mark as played

I spend the most time in my subscriptions adding new episodes to the playlist. In a list of episodes from a sub, I long press and select "Add to Playlist" or "Mark Played" if I don't want to listen to it.

If I could swipe left or right to achieve the same action. Perhaps make this available from the search section to add one-off episodes I might want.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clips

How about function for creating "clips" from the podcasts/episodes. Cutting Just seconds or minutes

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Créer des playlist d'épisodes

Pouvoir créer des playlist de lecture d'épisodes sélectionnés en provenance d'un (ou plusieurs) podcast (alimentés en auto ou manuellement). Le but est de créer des listes de lecture et de pouvoir reprendre la lecture plus tard.
    Par exemple :

- une playlist écoutée en voiture en famille dans laquelle j'ajoute des épisodes de podcats que je veux écouter dans ce cadre
    - une playllst me pemettant de sélectionner les différents épisodes d'un même podcast qui fonctionnent en histoire continue à suivre ( le Feuilleton France Culture par exemple)
    - ma playlist des podcats que j'écoute seul dans le train
    -…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement a more precise volume controler

For the podcasts, we can adjust the speed, which I find very useful.

I would love a similar option to adjust the volume more precisely ,as the equaliser doesn't allow us to set the volume up or down a notch.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter by day of the week

Some pods like bbc woman's hour, and farming today have omnibus editions on a Saturday which pulls from the previous Monday to Friday episodes. I'd like to filter out the Saturday episode.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Silence Skipping – Adjustable Silence Duration

tl;dr:
    I think it would be wonderful to have an adjustable min…max time consideration setting for silence skipping.

Detail:
    Although very useful, most podcasts sound odd and rushed with the current silence skipping setting. I think having an adjustable meter that allows a user to define the minimum amount of acceptable silence before skipping occurs would be wonderful.

It would allow for podcasts with this setting to sound more natural while also removing those unnecessary silences that often occur between commercials, chapters, etc.

It may also satisfy these posts:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/35799070-shorten-the-skip-silence-trigger-duration-so-that
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/17267549-skip-silence-attack-control

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. custom tags for podcast episodes

I would love to be able to create a thematical list of favourite podcast episodes.

Currently, all I can do is to add episodes to fav list and filter them by a podcast name.

It would be perfect if I could tag an episode with a custom label, such action would add the episode to fav list and the tag could be used as a filter.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. in homescreen: add optional info for podcasts: number of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

the optional orange corner in homescreen showes the # of unread episodes. I would like to have info options there: # of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Changing episode download order each podcast

May not be possible, but would love to be able to set it up where some podcasts download the newest episode and some the oldest whenever I use automatic download.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. if a podcast supports seasons, show that on the podcast page

Some podcasts (especially audio dramas) have seasons to their content. Many of them use the iTunes markup in their rss feed to designate which season and episode from that season it is.

Example: https://rss.art19.com/proof

It would be awesome to have "folders" that could be expanded or collapsed accordion style for each season of that podcast.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add MP3 compression option

My biggest pain point is that I keep running out of storage space on my phone (I have a Pixel 3a 64GB but still with Spotify, Photos and Podcasts it runs out quickly). It would be amazing if I could press a button to have Podcast Addict go through all my downloaded episodes and convert them to a lower audio quality to save space (or just do this automatically after downloading). I would pay for this feature – my best alternative is to buy a much more expensive phone with more storage...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove redundant buttons from top of screen

It would be great if I could select which buttons to have on the top of the screen. For example, I have the "swipe down to update" feature enabled, so I don't need a separate button to update podcasts. This way the title of the section won't get cut out. See attached picture for details: https://i.imgur.com/0r2Lkjw.png

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories