General

1. Be able to archive podcasts that are finished

Being able to mark a podcast as "finished" or "archived" so that it doesn't show up in the main podcast list but isn't necessarily deleted from the overall collection. I want to keep some for recommendation or occasional re-listening but I want to keep my primary list uncluttered.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. export the favourites list separately

export the favourite episodes list separately to the rest of the library, to share with a friend or copy to another device without overwriting the rest of the library.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Statistics - more than one year back

It would be great to have all listening statistics for every year back kept in Podcast Addict. Right now it shows 2020 and 2021, but 2019 disappeared at new years. Would be great to be to be able to compare.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playlists based on rules

PlaylistsIs it possible to create lists based on rules that repeat itself after the playlist is over.
    For example: Play the oldest not listened podcast of each category, when they end, create a new playlist with same rule.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add properties when adding new podcast

When I add a podcast with the search function I can not change the properties of the podcast. I would like directly reach the properties (the gear) where I can set the priority and the category of the podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Advanced search operators (e.g. 'AND', 'OR') and fields

Often simple keyword search results produce too many results.

It would be nice to specify search queries with operators ('OR', 'AND'), brackets, quotation marks, etc.

Also could be nice to have the option to search in specific fields (e.g. only in titles, description, etc.)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the new player buttons hideable

2021.13 introduced new buttons in the player, for audio mixing and bookmarks above the player. They take up a lot of space on all 3 views of the player. There should be an option to hide/move these, if I don't want to use them, and gain back valuable screen space on the description and queue, as well as make the UI look less cluttered.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort by full filepath

When there are many virtual podcasts (i.e. audiobooks consisting of many mp3 files) it is becoming important to be able to sort those by Podcast Name (book) and then by filename or Name (because publish date is the same for all them). Doing so with existing Advanced sorting options (i.e. select sort by Podcast Name and then by filename) does not work for whatever reason - the podcasts remain mixed up. One simple and straightforward solution would by to add an option to sort by Full Path. This would rely on and respect user's preference is for podcast arrangement. Having…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Beautify Personal listening statistics

Beautify the personal listening statistics. Line graph, see how many hours you see everyday in a week , month, year and forever. Line graph that goes up and down everyday depend how many hour you listen to each day. Ability to see how many hour you listen to that week.Separate ability to see individual podcast listening time in a day,week,year, forever on a line graph each with a different color.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to order by Remaining percentage

Sorting by Remaining percentage would be very useful, I think, to keep half-played episodes at the top of the playlist.

My current situation as example:

I currently have my playlist set to order by priority and publication date. This is great, except when I've already started an episode and an episode with higher priority is released, it will be added above the current item in the playlist (which is logical, of course, because of the order I set.)

If there were an option to sort by Remaining percentage, I could use that and it would keep the current playing episode…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a "Volume decrease" similar to "Volume boost"

While resting and listening to podcasts, on some headphones the minimum android volume is still to loud.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notification for download error

Sometimes a podcast errors when downloading a new episode and I am waiting rest of day thinking it hasn't been posted. When all I really needed to do is retry the download. But the app marks it as downloaded because it was attempted and doesn't retry the download when I refresh.

So a notification saying error happened downloading so I know I have to manually do it; or ideally when you refresh the app it will reattempt to download failed podcasts.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Swipe gestures

Add swipe gestures to, for example, mark episode read, delete, move to playlist etc etc

A set of gestures to set in menù setting

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sort the podcast list according to addition date

a function that I miss is sorting the podcasts according to the adding date, so that I know which is the podcast subscription that I recently added. That would help when I add a podcast by its RSS URI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to Override 5 "Speed Adjustment" Speeds Determined by Algorithm

The algorithm for determining "Speed adjustment" speeds (when you select it from within the player as a podcast is playing) is not good as it frequently removes the most commonly used speed(s) and replaces with speeds that are never used. For an example, my current podcast episode is playing at 1.1x, the only speeds I ever use (across all podcasts) are 1, 1.1x, 1.2x, and 5.0x, yet the five currently listed are 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, and 1.7.

Request is to be able to set these across all podcasts so a user can quickly access the speeds they actually use…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Swipe up for player, down for subscriptions

It would be intuitive to swipe up from the bottom of the subscriptions screen to bring up the player and then a swipe down on the player screen to go back to subscriptions.
    Currently. tapping on the bottom of the subscriptions screen brings up the player and getting back to the subscriptions page is a back tap.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option "Do not ask again" when confirming marking as read podcasts with more than one episode available

When you are in the podcasts section you can long press one podcast and there is the option to mark all the episodes as read or played and if that podcast has more than one episode available you always have to press in the confirmation box that you do want to mark all the episodes as read or played. It'll be useful to have the option to mark all the episodes as read without having to confirm every single time

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a search box to main playlist

Sometimes I have hundreds of episodes in my main playlist, and I want to delete some of them, selecting all episodes that contain a certain word.

110 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 105 106
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base