General

1. Alternative to Youtube

It's been observed that Youtube has lately started to clamp down on certain political speech. Many of my favorite content creators were forced to migrate to the alternative resource - Bitchute.com

My request is to implement RSS subscription to Bitchute channels the same way the YT channels' RSS subscription was implemented.

Unlike Youtube, the Bitchute does not prohibit downloading their content (AFAIK). The second part of the request is to be able to save the Bitchute videos (or the extracted audio) for later offline playback like podcasts.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NewPipe

Youtube's ToS do not allow to download their content directly under the threat of a ban. However there could be a workaround. There's an excellent app out there called the NewPipe. It allows to download the YT videos (and even the extracted audio) through the "Share" button on YT itself. My request is to integrate the option to "Share" the YT videos in RSS subscriptions of PA to NewPipe if such app is present on one's device.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete…

484 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable us to leave reviews.

Why can't we leave reviews?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate with Waze

Waze has this new feature - an audio kit that allows 3rd party apps to play audio in the Waze app (see https://www.waze.com/audioplayer). Several large players (Spotify, Deezer) have already done this integration.

As most of my listening is done on the road it would be a great improvement. I also saw that other users had issues with the current situation.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Strongly consider syncing across devices. I use several different devices and most other apps already provide this feature. Im very disappoi

Complete the syncing across devices feature. Very disappointed to see how long ago this was requested with no apparent interest in providing this function.

357 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download before playing

Even Sticher has this. There should be a download before play option. I never want to actually stream anything, just take 5 seconds and download the podcast first. Automatic download settings do not cover my use case and I want specific individual podcast episodes to be downloaded directly before playing

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Append playlist to youtube urls

It would be great when you open a youtube video from a playlist PA would append ?list= with with playlist id imported into PA

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "New Episodes" screen > swipe episode to download (right) or "mark as read" (left)

As an Android user of Podcast Addict, I refresh my podcast feed (over 30 subscriptions) once or twice a week. In my configuration, this presents a list of 15-20 entries on the "new episodes" page.

I manually download the episodes I'm interested in, and mark the ones I'm not interested in as "read".

Problem: a user must select an episode on the New Episodes screen, launch the episode's screen, then select either "download" or "mark read" on the screen.

It would be really useful to have a shortcut feature on the main New Episode screen which allows me to quickly…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically mark episodes older than ... as played

I'm subscribed to serveral "News" Podcasts, some of them updating their feed every hour.

I'm not interested in hourly news from 12 hours ago and they clutter the "unplayed episodes" list, a per-podcast setting to automatically either "Mark all but the latest episode as played" or "Mark episodes older than n hours/days/month as played" would be very convenient.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic full backup on Google Drive

Enable the possibility to automatic Full backup On Google Drive.
    At specific moment (avery day, every week, every hour, ecc ecc)

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give option to click on publisher and view all podcasts by that publisher

I would like to check out all the podcasts from a publisher lets say Gimlet Media so I should get an option to click on that name and should show all the podcasts that are by gimlet media.

Currently if the podcast name is Reply All there is publisher name right below it but it is not clickable.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Review/rate option

... add a review/rate option. It is necessary to show support and help iniciatives grow. Your app is really good. Make it the best

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a "Keep at most" override notification

Please add an override or change limit message when attempting to manually download a number of episodes that when combined with what has already been downloaded will exceed the "keep at most" limit if it's not already set to unlimited. I think this is why I keept experiencing stage behavior when trying to download a lot of episodes and forgot to charge that limit. It seems like it's downloading all of them then marking all but the most recent (insert limit) episodes as played add deleting the downloads.

Thanks for providing the best podcast player and scraper for Android!

James

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move to Top When Played

An option to automatically move an episode to the top of the Playlist when played. I sporadically move through a long playlist and have multiple partially listened episodes at any given time. It would be nice for the "in progress" episodes to float to the top.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding a sorting category to podcast list

In the "podcast list", i would love to have the option to "sort by downloaded episodes". High to low and vice versa.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ID account

please add ID account at your app to not miss anything when we format our phone and reinstall it. thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories