General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Top episodes

Please create a ranking of the week's top episodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Looping playlist back to top.

Today I added a virtual podcast and added all episodes to the end of my playlist, started listening to these episodes and when they finished the playlist didn’t return to the top and carry on, is this a setting I’ve missed or something that could be added? Great app by the way top quality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mark episodes unplayed upon Download

When I download an already played episode, it can be assumed I'd like to listen to it again. To me it would make sense to have the option to mark it as played automatically upon download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort podcasts by oldest unplayed episode regardless of newer unplayed episodes

Sorting by publication date uses the date of the most recent unplayed episode to determine the order. If new episodes get added, the podcast sorts to the top of most recent even if they have older unplayed episodes. This makes it hard to listen to unplayed podcasts in publication order. I would like an option to sort by publication date that uses the date of the oldest unplayed episode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable binding "next episode" to "skip 30s"

Using Galaxy Buds or similar wireless headphones I have the option to tap for "next", but not to jump a short time within the episode/song. Since I never use the first option and often have to get out my phone for the latter, it would be great if you could swap the "next episode" behaviour in settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let us create a home screen shortcut to a single episode as well

We can create a home screen shortcut to a podcast and I love it but sometimes to singles episodes as well could be useful, say a chapter of a virtual podcast or the next episode you have to listen into a podcast you would like to listen completely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to click on a podcast in available to download without it then disappearing from your list.

When I refresh my list of available podcasts to determine which I'd like to download... if you click one to see show notes or details (without downloading it) then go back to your list of available podcasts to download the one you looked at is no longer in your list. At that point you have to navigate to that podcast sub and download it from there or select mark played to have it removed from your available to download list. It would be great if this didn't happen and you could look at a podcasts details before deciding whether or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search includes keywords in the description

Hello,
    I really like this app but wish the search function was a little better. For example, if I search for a specific speaker (in this example "Simon Conway Morris") or specific producer ("BBC 4") the search doesn't seem to recognize these terms and won't display results for them, despite both words/ phrases being in the description. I only know they are in the description because in a different podcast app when I search those words many more episode/ podcast options come up. I really like everything else about the app!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Podcast Addict search engine already uses description to field for the search engine. If you’re using iTunes search engine (BTW the episodes search engine tab is handled by iTunes search engine)
    then I don’t know exactly how their algorithm work. Sorry I cannot be of more help

9. Add download size to downloaded podcasts

In the episode list, similar to how it says length of episode, display how big the file is of the downloaded podcast.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Larger ranking

Please increase the list of top audio podcasts from 200 to 500.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add GeoRSS support for geolocalized podcast episodes, for touristic/museums guides, events news, etc

Would be nice to have a map visualization for searching podcast episodes or watching the subscribed ones.
    There is the standard GeoRSS for tagging them.

I noticed a couple of interesting concept app:
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bmyjg8/new-app-lets-you-record-geo-located-sounds-and-stories-for-others-to-discover

https://youtu.be/sHKA8VzumOQ
    This last one is more similar to what I think could be more appropriate for your great app. Their problem is that is very immature and lack of the ton of feature PA has.

The first link is an interesting source of ideas on how to use geotargeting in podcasts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think pod cast addict should develop intelligent speaker. Which start broadcasting at specific time And parents had have the full contro

Some content providers have developed intelligent speakers. But there are tons of continent which is not suitable for the children child.. And parents have no control over the continent.. Pod cast can develop a speaker version of the application.. Which can be controlled where the cell phone.. Then we can determine what coordinates our children can listen to. And it can function a alarm clock.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Backup/restore just the preferences file

I'd love to be able to backup/restore the preferences bits on their own

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mark als played or proceed when download error appears

I have some podcast where the content ist only available for e recent period of time. After this time a download ist no longer available.

In the app the episode still appears as unplayed and the automatic download does not proceed with the next episode because the download is marked as an error.

If the app could check the possibility of downloading and showing only these episodes or dismisses episodes which are no longer available and mark them as played so you don't have to search for an downloadable episode by hand.
    And u don't have to clean ur unread…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter podcast search by publication date

I'm not sure if this is already posted, but I miss the option to filter your search results by release date. For example, if you search for "house music" of no specific podcast, you will find thousands of results, of which only 200 results are shown.
    Yes, you can sort by Publication date, but it will only show the 200 newest or the 200 oldest episodes. And if you search for a specific year, not all episodes will mention that number either. So therefore, I think a Publication Date filter would be useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a social media section so we can follow others

This way, we can find new podcasts through people with similar taste; we can easily suggest an episode or podcast to our friends and be updated about trends.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Turn off custom layout on EMUI by default

EMUI, xiaomi's version of Android, doesn't like it when you have a custom layout. Without rooting your phone there is no lock screen widget. If possible detect this and adjust settings.
    See
    https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-add-third-party-music-apps-emui-lock-screen/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a different looking Open. screen widget

I would like to at least change the color of the Open. Screen widget from the orange color to something less clashing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have a Setting to control volume completely

At present, there are only 2 settings for volume - one is the default volume, and one is somewhat louder. Make a full control of volume, so the sound would go from very soft to very loud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base