General

1. Use the display to show random patterns, like the old windows media visualiser. It would be great for music

Use the display to show random patterns, like the old windows media visualiser. It would be great for music.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. in homescreen: add optional info for podcasts: number of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

the optional orange corner in homescreen showes the # of unread episodes. I would like to have info options there: # of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sorting podcasts by durations

Sorting podcasts by total duration provides a clearer look at the time it will take to listeb than only number of new episodes, discounting long durations with few episodes (e.g. Hardcore History) and vice versa.

Sorting by average episode durations makes it easier to find quick podcasts for 5 minute breaks or longer ones to play in a longer period of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Roll up podcasts in the playlist

I have a lot of podcasts downloaded in my Playlist and it can be lengthy scrolling through them to get to one I'm in the mood for. It would be great if the list could be rolled up by podcast to make scrolling through it faster and easier. Similar to how Outlook can roll up a day, or Windows Explorer can roll up folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable Remote Playback through google cast devices in Android 11 media control

"By default, only local media routes are shown. If your app supports other media routes, such as remote playback you'll need to let the system know.

To do this add the MediaRouter jetpack library to your app."

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/08/playing-nicely-with-media-controls.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Podcast Addict for iOS

Hi Xavier

I would love to see an iOS version of this app. I have over 72 days listening time on this app and nothing on iOS compares. I know this has been posted and I've put my votes on them.
    I read in a previous suggestion that the reason there isn't is because it's just a side project. Well, I also see that it isn't anymore and being a SW Engineer myself maybe I can even help if that's what you need to get this into iOS.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Ben

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Try super hard to get Spotify podcasts

This is Spotify's fault, not yours, but I'm worried about losing my favorite podcasts as they switch to Spotify. I'm not sure what the difference is with how they convert... Like, Joe Rogan's feed seems to still be updating in the app, but Last Podcast on the Left no longer updates in the app, only in Spotify.

To piggyback off this idea, is there a way to make friends with Stitcher Premium archives? I wouldn't mind paying for Stitcher Premium to get podcast archives, but I'm never going to use any other app than yours to listen. Is there a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Minimum time threshold to be considered "in progress"

In the "episodes in progress" display, there are lots of episodes that have only a few seconds started. I want to be to set a threshold of a minimum listening time (10 seconds) before the app considers it really in progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tweak "playback in progress" filter to not display episodes with a few seconds left that are marked as played

If I look at my "playback in progress" tab, I have hundreds of playlists that have played like, 56 out of 57 minutes of the episode. They were streamed, never downloaded. I can mark them as played and remove them from the playlist, but they still appear in the "episodes in progress" menu. Currently, the only way to satisfy my neurotic need to keep my podcasts organized is to every now and then go on, manually restart the episode from the last timestamp, fast forward to the end, and then try super quick to cancel the automatic jump to the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make an "ignore episode" feature that's seperate from marking it "played"

I'm a bit neurotic about my podcast organization. Say that a podcast has an episode that's really a trailer for another podcast... I want to hide that episode from my view when looking at the episode list. Currently the only way to do that is to mark it as "played", but I know in my heart that I didn't really "play" the episode.

It gets more confusing when podcasts release "from the archive" episodes, which are a duplicate of a previously released one. I usually mark these as "played" so they don't clutter my feed, but sometimes it's confusing if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Changing episode download order each podcast

May not be possible, but would love to be able to set it up where some podcasts download the newest episode and some the oldest whenever I use automatic download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Autoplay episodes

Adding an autoplay episode feature or making it easier to create a playlist.

I think it would be cool to have an autoplay toggle button in the user setting so that users can either choose to use it or have the playlist. The autoplay episode feature would make it easier to go to the next episode down as the user finishes his/her episode for the podcast. This would make it safer for drivers who use the app to listen to their favorite podcast as they go about their day instead of queuing up the next one manually.

Yes, I understand…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a Car Mode Button on Player

In the player top bar, it would be handy to have an additionnal to quickly enable and disable Car Mode Display.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lock podcast episode to playlist

Lock a podcast episode to playlist so the selected episode isn't auto deleted after being played.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a button to quick favorite and/or bookmark podcast from notification bar

there's a favorite button in car mode, please consider adding one as well in normal phone mode

unlocking phone and navigating to find favorite button or even worse,adding bookmark while walking/ working ks really clunky.

it'd be a life so saver to have a small 🌟 in notification bar

thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort podcast list

When a podcast is opened and the artist name is pressed, a list of all the podcasts from that artist is displayed. I would like to be able to sort that list by publication date. Also, maybe the artist name should have a button shape, so users know it's pressable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better sound play speed options

I like to play my audio books at .95 speed. Your settings only allow .1 increments. Can you pleas change to .05

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Undo time skip

Button to undo a time scrub that was done accidentally. Like when I accidentally went halfway to the podcast when I meant to hit pause. I don't always know where I was so an undo would be awesome

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories