I suggest you ...

Having a computer based version of Podcast Addict to be able to listen to podcast on a computer & keep the podcast sync with android device

7,784 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sébastien Mathieu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

301 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done with Player.fm
    If this feature is not implemented into Podcast Addicts I may start using Player.fm instead...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the devs ever responded to this?? I've been using this app for a few years now - how has this not been a priority?? At least give us a reason why you haven't done this yet? Desktop app, web app, anything - let us sync and listen between devices like every other decent podcast app.

• Erik Idle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not add a module, purchaseable maybe, that runs a webserver on your phone, with which you can use and manage podcast addict from your browser?

So if your are in the same network with your phone and the other device you want to use, start the server and use your computer or tablet to do your stuff there.

• RandoPlants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love this. I am moving over to using an inexpensive feature phone as my mp3 player, and there's no apps to use for it. I generally use Podbay for downloading off the computer, but it's so buggy and a lot of podcasts I listen to don't show up. It really makes me miss the reliability of PodcastAddict.

• Trevor Touchdown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to sync between app & pc, right now Plex is the only player I know that can do this, but their podcast feature is terrible at the moment.

• Marc Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.
    I need device syncing like Beyond Pod does. Please make this happen.
    Good app otherwise.

• CH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I am moving over from PocketCasts since they broke their whole app last update, and this is the only thing I'm missing. It's so much easier to import RSS feeds from my laptop which is a must.

• Melissia Lenox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also donated as a way of paying for use of the app and would have /will gladly pay more to have synced access on my computer. It would be so incredibly useful and my listening time would dramatically increase.

• kari mylo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have donated for the app and would totally donate more for a computer program. its a bitch to use other programs on my computer and i end up back on my phone with you guys, a way to sync with a computer without android on it would be nice!

• Mikael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing!
    Has Xavier explained why he couldn't do it for the moment? I don't know anything about coding but I guess that creating a website is not way harder than creating an app, and maybe the code can even be based on the app's one?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base