I suggest you ...

Having a computer based version of Podcast Addict to be able to listen to podcast on a computer & keep the podcast sync with android device

5,008 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sébastien MathieuSébastien Mathieu shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

176 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bru.bru. commented  · 

great idea, i would like to see it as well.

• Kerry SainsburyKerry Sainsbury commented  · 

I hunted high and low, and found http://www.bluesoleil.com who have a Bluetooth stack that lets you "pair" your phone with your Windows Computer, and treat it like a speaker. It even gives you playback controls so you can pause and skip tracks from the PC. It costs money, but works well and is reliable.

It solved the "able to listen to podcast on a computer & keep the podcast sync with android device" problem for me -- and Xavier had to write no code :-)

• Tom DowlingTom Dowling commented  · 

I would like this feature too.

I am enjoying PodcastAddict very much and have purchased the pro version.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just by opening the app, I can tell that you have great functionalities built out, but it's a bit much to manage on my phone. I'd like to be able to find and organize my podcasts on my computer and just listen on my phone. That's how I, and most others that I know use Spotify.

• WendyWendy commented  · 

I use a variety of resources (Learn Out Loud, iTunes, Media Monkey, google searches, etc.) to find new podcasts/audio content. I love that I can see quality ratings (stars), number of subscribers, and quickly scan episode summaries (many on one page). Using PA is too time consuming/frustrating for this. I can't even see the topic for episodes without having to go into each one individually, then back out... After doing this for about 20-30 episodes under one podcast, I give up. I subscribe and listen to over a hundred podcasts. I am considering switching to some other app... any app that syncs PC, iPad, android, and Kindle. Hey, if I'm asking, I might as well aim high! ... but I love Podcast Addict and have been using it for a few years now. Starting over with another app would be a major pain! 'but so is listening to many "so so" episodes, simply because I don't have an efficient way to prioritize/locate what I really want.

• RushRush commented  · 

Really like your app on my Note4. Looking for it for my MacBook Pro and ;-(

• Justin HornostyJustin Hornosty commented  · 

+1

A way to enter a URL to have the app do a HTTP POST to a server with the podcast subscriptions and ideally status (the time elapsed for a podcast so one could resume playing on another device) and have the app in turn do a HTTP GET to a server to get the updated status.

I really love this app, and would gladly pay more/again for this feature.

• Gino VincenziniGino Vincenzini commented  · 

I NEED this! I was hoping to have something like Bluestacks let me use the app on my computer but it BSODs your computer if you're running HyperV. This really would be the killer Podcasting app and it would make a great Windows Store app.

• John GarnerJohn Garner commented  · 

I have used gpodder on PC, which has gpodder.net service to synchronise use across devices - that seems to be a fairly standard api and supported by multiple apps. I think that protocol/api would be a decent starting point to support/implement, could run your own charged-for service as an option; this would allow people to use other apps until you've developed one for computers (if it comes to fruition). If you did write one I'd like it to be Linux compatible. Java or web-ecosystem implementations would be the most portable and maybe result in more code/libs shared with the mobile version to reduce amount of fresh code to write.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I will definitely make use of it. Would just be nice to listen via desktop speakers rather than mobile speakers.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

This is definitely something in I am interested to see.

• AlvinAlvin commented  · 

Yes PLZ make a version I can use on my PC. Desktop app or web app I would be happy.

• KevinKevin commented  · 

I am interested in managing podcasts from a web interface.

• TBJTBJ commented  · 

This is a wonderful idea. I enjoy listening to my podcast while at work. It helps me to be more productive and helps make the day go by so much faster and it can be relaxing and informative all at the same time. A happy employee is a productive employee.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Pretty please can this be a reality? My friend got me onto the app and I have to charge my phone twice a day for all the awesomeness I stream off that thing.

• Timothy476Timothy476 commented  · 

oh hell yeah sounds amazing. i want to be able to listen to podcasts while my phone is dead

• Matt QuelleMatt Quelle commented  · 

I vote for this too. Wanting to manage my podcasts here on my pc is why I found this thread.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base