I suggest you ...

Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete podcasts, to the list.

102 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The implementation of multiple playlists should, at minimum, work like the implementation in "Podcast Republic." This is the only feature P-Repub has over P-Addict.

Even better would be:

1. Have an option to create playlists of any name.
        2. Have an option to download all episodes of one podcast to a one or more created playlist, including the general "audio" playlist. This can be set as an automatic download action as well.
        3. Also have and option to download a single episode (or multiple checked episodes) to one or more created playlists.
        4. Have an option to download episodes of a podcast to a dedicated playlists for that podcast (here the playlist name would be automatically generated as the podcast title). This would be great for story driven or series based podcasts.

If you look at the P-Repub settings for episode playlist downloads action, you can see how this is could easily be implemented by overriding the global podcast settings for each individual podcast, which is already a feature for many actions in P-Addict.

I find using the current category system for playlists to be very clumsy.

P-addict is THE best app out there. This one improvement would make it perfect.

• Murrayzz1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous - This sounds like something different, having multiple playlists that you could label as different things, as the other @Anonymous says, "Listen now", "Listen later", but I can also imagine having user-defined playlists such as "Comedy", "Politics", "News", "Educational", "Documentaries" etc, so you could choose a playlist depending on your mood.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought you can create your own playlist already, the multi adds are more as a suggestion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base