I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

4,556 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

273 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephan Vierkant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, please give us an update on this! The most popular feature request is about a desktop application with synchronization (https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/6531942-having-a-computer-based-version-of-podcast-addict) and there are some services (like gpodder: https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/4351924-add-support-for-https-gpodder-net) that can deliver this feature. So I think there can be some sort of discussion about the best way to achieve synchronization.

• Barry Furnival commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! The started comment is almost 4 years old. Can we get a status on this "Started" suggestion? I have 3 devices that I listen and watch podcasts on. I left PA for Pocketcast because PA didn't have this feature. I always liked the GUI on PA better than Pocketcast. Now with the release of the, even more, dorked-up Pocketcast v7, I'm back, but still would like the ability to sync across devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jumping ship from Pocket Casts due to the V7 issues but I need sync. Plenty of people here asking for it. I will totally pay for this, take my money!

• Sefet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would pay subscription for this functionality. Abandoned the app solely as a result of its absence.

• David Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature to maintain my place in my playlist across both my phone and my in-dash Android head unit.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on adding this feature ? I don't want to switch to PocketCasts :( I love this app!!!!

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just commenting, I've switched to Pocket Casts due to this. But I'm not totally happy, if you implement it, I'm coming back and donating.

• Mark Paxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xavier ...please please please can you give your devotees a response some time soon to let us know if and when this feature is likely to be become a reality?
    Awesome app but lacking this one very critical feature

• Alex B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add this; please! The copying of backup files is a PIA to do it manually and frankly is not worth the time by the time one has to find a file manager that will do it on each device; then add a podcast to one device and here we go again...

Hey, is this happening? I love this app but am looking to change just for the feature alone

• Murrayzz1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How's this coming along, Xavier, 3 years after it was started? I'm assuming there would have to be a paid subscription for this, but I for one would be happy to pay it.

• flope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaaand another one repeating the same words.

What the hell? It is the most wanted feature for the best podcasting app available.

It shouldn't be a problem to sync via file on dropbox/google/nextcloud/iCloud or anything similar?! I mean simple games are doing this. There are shopping list apps that do this stuff...

Don't loose any more users and implement this. Please.

• margot06 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quel dommage... Impossible de synchroniser ma tablette et mon nouveau smartphone malgré vos conseils et plusieurs tentatives : fichier partagé par mail.. Puis par cloud... Rien nothing!.. What else?
    Cordialement

Pleaaaaaaaase. I'm trying Podcast Republic because it has this feature, but besides this it's such a pain in the ass. Having cross devices sync would be SO GREAT. If there is a cost, maybe give it only for the paid users? I've already paid, but I know I would have been glad to continue to use PA with sync rather than another software.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base