I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

4,631 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminXavier Guillemane (CEO / Founder, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephan Vierkant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, please give us an update on this! The most popular feature request is about a desktop application with synchronization (https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/6531942-having-a-computer-based-version-of-podcast-addict) and there are some services (like gpodder: https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/4351924-add-support-for-https-gpodder-net) that can deliver this feature. So I think there can be some sort of discussion about the best way to achieve synchronization.

• Barry Furnival commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! The started comment is almost 4 years old. Can we get a status on this "Started" suggestion? I have 3 devices that I listen and watch podcasts on. I left PA for Pocketcast because PA didn't have this feature. I always liked the GUI on PA better than Pocketcast. Now with the release of the, even more, dorked-up Pocketcast v7, I'm back, but still would like the ability to sync across devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jumping ship from Pocket Casts due to the V7 issues but I need sync. Plenty of people here asking for it. I will totally pay for this, take my money!

• Sefet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would pay subscription for this functionality. Abandoned the app solely as a result of its absence.

• David Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature to maintain my place in my playlist across both my phone and my in-dash Android head unit.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on adding this feature ? I don't want to switch to PocketCasts :( I love this app!!!!

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just commenting, I've switched to Pocket Casts due to this. But I'm not totally happy, if you implement it, I'm coming back and donating.

• Mark Paxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xavier ...please please please can you give your devotees a response some time soon to let us know if and when this feature is likely to be become a reality?
    Awesome app but lacking this one very critical feature

• Alex B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add this; please! The copying of backup files is a PIA to do it manually and frankly is not worth the time by the time one has to find a file manager that will do it on each device; then add a podcast to one device and here we go again...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, is this happening? I love this app but am looking to change just for the feature alone

• Murrayzz1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How's this coming along, Xavier, 3 years after it was started? I'm assuming there would have to be a paid subscription for this, but I for one would be happy to pay it.

• flope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaaand another one repeating the same words.

What the hell? It is the most wanted feature for the best podcasting app available.

It shouldn't be a problem to sync via file on dropbox/google/nextcloud/iCloud or anything similar?! I mean simple games are doing this. There are shopping list apps that do this stuff...

Don't loose any more users and implement this. Please.

• margot06 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quel dommage... Impossible de synchroniser ma tablette et mon nouveau smartphone malgré vos conseils et plusieurs tentatives : fichier partagé par mail.. Puis par cloud... Rien nothing!.. What else?
    Cordialement

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base