I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

3,057 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xavier GuillemaneAdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Xavier GuillemaneAdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
    I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
    Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

186 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Please allow us to Sync across devices (or to have a file we can upload to google which holds all our info. Just something that makese it easier to go from one device or share with otherss!

• JESSJESS commented  · 

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

• Anonymous commented  · 

Wow! This is a long thread. Is it possible to synch now or not?

• NickNick commented  · 

Game over for this app, sorry. As a paying member who has been patiently waiting for the promised sync very disappointing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would pay a good yearly fee for this feature. I want be able to listen on my car with android app and continue listen on my desktop in a sync way

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this happening? It's been 2 years sense you replied, and looking at the comments, a very wanted feature.

• Conny MagnussonConny Magnusson commented  · 

Why not use Google Drive/OneDrive/Dropbox when doing cross device synchronization?

• MicheleMichele commented  · 

I would pay a reasonable yearly fee to be able to sync.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love to be able to sync my devices!

• hotfrenchbreadhotfrenchbread commented  · 

I would pay for syncing! Is there an update to this feature's progress?

• Elliott PartridgeElliott Partridge commented  · 

I'm very interested in this feature. I'm considering getting a device for exercising & listening to podcasts, because I don't want to use my bulky phone. I'd like to sync podcasts between the two. Really don't want to have to look for another app/solution, b/c I love Podcast Addict so much!

• Joe GreeneJoe Greene commented  · 

I'll add my voice to those who desperately want this. All I really want is for each device to list the same podcasts as being subscribed to and for the previously read ones to be marked on each device. I would gladly pay another $1 on top of the no ads fee just for that.

• David AntoniniDavid Antonini commented  · 

Why isn't this a feature connected to Google Play on android?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

• JarJar commented  · 

Hello, wondering if this syncing ability will be live anytime soon or if I need to find a different app.

Love PA but this feature is becoming more and more important to me... Please advise.

Thank you.

• TheKEYOTheKEYO commented  · 

I am no developer but why build a dedicated new sync platform for podcast addict when two mighty platforms already exist: Feedly and Inoreader. Both have APIs. Both stream audio and video content. Using Feedly or Inoreader web platform for cross-device sync, feed/podcast organization, read status, favorite tagging should be possible. Syncing playback progress could be a problem but 80% users would be happy.

Feature has been asked for already: Search Uservoice for 'Feedly' or 'Inoreader'.

• Alejandro VillarrealAlejandro Villarreal commented  · 

I'm really interested in this feature as well. Xavier, do you have any updates about it?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base