directions on how to do things. I still have not new been able to get a single podcast. I have some listed but nothing downloads! Help!!
No answer to my comment…
You can take a look at the Getting Started Guide for more information (Settings/FAQ)
As indicated in the welcome screen, just press the + button in the action bar to subscribe to podcasts (search engine, opml import, network browsing), then go into the app settings to select how you want it to work.
In my case I setup the following:
* Settings/Language: select the languages you are interested in (used to filter the search engine results)
* Settings/Update/Automatic refresh: enable
* Settings/Update/Refresh rate: 24h
* Settings/Update/Refresh time: 6:00am
=> that way all my podcasts are automatically updated every morning at 6:00am
* Settings/Download/Automatic download: you can enable it for all your podcasts here, or just long press on a specific podcast and select the 'Automatic download' menu to enable it for specific podcasts
=> every time a new episode is available it will be automatically downloaded
* Settings/Download/Storage folder: select where you want to store downloaded content (can be in the device memory or on your sd card)
* Settings/Data usage: select which action will be restricted to wifi connections
* Settings/Player/Automatic deletion: enabled
=> once an episode is fully listened to it is automatically deleted.
* Settings/Playlist/Automatic Playlist: enabled
=> once an episode has been downloaded it's queued into the playlist
* Settings/Playlist/Automatic dequeue: enabled
=> once an episode is fully listened to it is automatically removed from the playlist
There're a lot of other options you might want to check, but with those I just described you just need to handle the podcast subscription and settings. Once you're done you just have to wait for new episodes to be published and you will be able to manage everything from the playlist. You don't have to bother with download and deletion. You just press play/pause and you reorder your playlist if you want to.